Nebraska uniforms vs Wisconsin uniforms

JHaWk

No, no, no. No all-white or all-red. They just look like they are playing in their longjohns. Gross.

I don't think all-red would be that bad for a big game every once in awhile. My uncle was @ the NU-OU game in '87 or '88 when the team came out in all red and he said the place went ape sh!t (still lost). If they did do it, it would be cooler if the fans and media didn't know about it until the team came out of the tunnel.

'87 was a home game and a loss. If I recall correctly this was the Our House game with the Keys, Game of the Century II, etc, etc, and possibly the worst day of my life up to that point as OU absolutely dominated. Of course the uniforms might have just been a coincidence, but I think the record with all red is pretty bad.

OU did not dominate us that day. They were supposed to kick our a$$ and we flat handled them for almost a full four quarters. Keith Jackson made an amazing catch to win it. If the NU player had only turned and looked for the ball and intercepted or knocked it down we would have won. I asked my uncle about that game last night (because of this thread). He has been to A LOT of home games and said that was the loudest he has ever heard Mem. Stadium.

That was 86. Nebraska had already lost to Colorado that year so OU was definitely favored. #5 Nebraska had #3 OU's number, but some 4th quarter Sooner Magic won the day, 20-17. In 87 (yes, 2 games in Lincoln in consecutive years), NU was ranked #1 and OU was ranked #2 thus Game of the Century II. The final result was 17-7 loss:

No. 2 Oklahoma @ No. 1 Nebraska

Game of the Century II

November 21, 1987

Billed as "Game of the Century II," No. 1 Nebraska hosted No. 2 Oklahoma. Unlike the '71 game, this one was a one-sided affair.

The Cornhuskers jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead on Keith Jones' 25-yard run. But the Sooners defense dominated the rest of the game allowing Nebraska to cross midfield only three times during the whole contest.

Led by Dante Jones and Ricky Dixon, OU's defense held Nebraska to 235 total yards, 289 under its nation-leading average. Dixon set up the Sooners first score with an interception return to the Nebraska 13-yard line. Anthony Stafford tied the game with an 11-yard TD run.

OU's freshman quarterback Charles Thompson was one of three Sooners to break the 100 yard total on the day. His pitch-out on an option sprung Patrick Collins on a 65-yard touchdown scamper late in the third quarter. R.D. Lasher tacked on a 27-yard field goal late in the fourth to seal Oklahoma's 17-7 win. If not for four Sooner fumbles, it would have been a lot worse.

I'm not sure if that's the loudest the stadium ever was but I know that was a very silent car ride home.