If Nebraska loses to Va Tech...

JHaWk

Are you kidding me? Lose this game and a small percentage of Husker Nation goes on suicide watch(just like after every loss). We don't know how this team will respond and with 2 tougher tests coming up in the next 2 weeks, it will be real easy to go into the tank. This team has not faced much adversity, and we don't exactly know how they will respond if they lose. If Nebraska loses this game and badly, the firebopelini.com website gets its first major push.

I disagree. If we lose this game no one, or at least no one with a half a brain, will be calling for Bo Pelini's head. Thats crazy talk. <_<

This is one of those strange games. It's hard to predict because nothing would be surprising. Personally I think Nebraska has it in them to run away with this one by two touchdowns. They also have it in them to get slapped, particularly if they give up turnovers and get behind early.

I'd say I have a 'quiet confidence' about this one, but I'm not going to be stunned if it doesn't turn out the way I hope it will. Either way, I hope the Hokies who are coming here have a good time.

Maudfather you obviously have not been around Husker football fans long.

We will know with in the first quarter. If they stop our offense cold, and dismantle our defense quickly, there will be screams and quickly, if it turns into a rout the lousey assed boo birds will be out.

As long as they play hard to the last second I am happy. I want a win just like everyone, but I still believe the problems last year were a lot more than just coaching. Will those problems continue or are they gone is the most important thing about this year.

I would assume our dline will get manhandled. But I think we can control them overall. I doubt our offense will be able to run the ball, so it comes down to Ganz and his ability to complete passes, and not to the VaTech defense.

This is not what we have played. This is a very good team, that lost to a very good team. But they played that very good team close. WE have played nothing but very low level cup cakes and at times have not looked too good.

JHawk, it just depends on how the game is played is my guess. If it is a real ass whippen for us, it will get ugly around here and quick. A serious loss and the ship will sink fast, if it is close we will fight on.

Three very tough games, that decide the season. What ever the case, I will support the staff, I still think they need a lot more time to get this disaster squared away.

Maudfather you obviously have not been around Husker football fans long.

We will know with in the first quarter. If they stop our offense cold, and dismantle our defense quickly, there will be screams and quickly, if it turns into a rout the lousey assed boo birds douche bags will be out.

As long as they play hard to the last second I am happy. I want a win just like everyone, but I still believe the problems last year were a lot more than just coaching. Will those problems continue or are they gone is the most important thing about this year.

I would assume our dline will get manhandled. But I think we can control them overall. I doubt our offense will be able to run the ball, so it comes down to Ganz and his ability to complete passes, and not to the VaTech defense.

This is not what we have played. This is a very good team, that lost to a very good team. But they played that very good team close. WE have played nothing but very low level cup cakes and at times have not looked too good.

JHawk, it just depends on how the game is played is my guess. If it is a real ass whippen for us, it will get ugly around here and quick. A serious loss and the ship will sink fast, if it is close we will fight on.

Three very tough games, that decide the season. What ever the case, I will support the staff, I still think they need a lot more time to get this disaster squared away.

I've been around plenty of GBR fans, and GBR fans don't call for a coaches head in his first season...fans of the weiner do :box

Are you kidding me? Lose this game and a small percentage of Husker Nation goes on suicide watch(just like after every loss). We don't know how this team will respond and with 2 tougher tests coming up in the next 2 weeks, it will be real easy to go into the tank. This team has not faced much adversity, and we don't exactly know how they will respond if they lose. If Nebraska loses this game and badly, the firebopelini.com website gets its first major push.

I agree, except for the fire bopelini.com part.

We've GOT to win the turnover battle - we CANNOT give them a short field. I worry about our backs holding on to the ball.

I'm worried more about INT's than fumbles. Lucky has very good ball control when he runs and he'll more than likely start this game. Helu has shown good hands as well, but I still find myself holding my breath when Q runs although he seems more comfortable this year. Important thing is that Ganz makes good decisions and if one does go the other way that he forgets about it quickly.

the only ones saying Nebraska will beat them handily are the true hardcore koolaid drinkers with rosy red sunglasses... this should be a helluva game that comes down to 3 or 4 key plays , turnovers and special teams being the keys to victory.... i'm not predicting a score this week because i have no freaking clue what will happen expect one thing : VT DC Bud Foster will stack the box and stop the run so i'm looking for play-action from the NU offense ..... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME !

GO BIG RED !

I think the determining factor, if we lose, will be how we lost. If the players gave 100% and still lost I think, while most fans will be disappointed, they will just realize we're not there yet. If the players appear to give up, then people will start having flashbacks to last year.

I don't think there's any chance of the latter scenario. If there is one thing this team has shown this year is that they will play full out until the final whistle.

I guess, the bottom line is how we play the game. That's what Husker fans were so upset about last year, is that the team appeared to give up, they didn't believe in the system, they didn't believe in the coaches, and everything fell apart. No way that happens this year.. as they say, these kids will run through brick walls for Pelini.

And there lies the question.

Last year we were breaking the huddle with a cry of NC. With that chant, I feel it hard to believe that the team did not believe in the system, or the coaches. Could be, but not likely.

We had many quitters on this team last year, and quite a few that did not have the talent required to play at the top of division one football, it seemed. Are the quitters gone, one bad apple destroys the bushel so to speak.

We have no clue of what we have. Not one team we faced has the talent of VaTech. This could easily mirror last year, and if we lose big to VaTech, it will be a repeat of last year. We have coaches that have heart and desire, it has yet to be proven we have players with the same ideas. I honestly have no idea, and I have no idea if they will roll over like last year, none of us do.

Saturday is the turning point for this team. Either they have bought into the ideas of Coach Pelini and will work the whole 60 minutes, or they will retreat like most of the time last year.

I think we will play with more heart than demonstrated last year, but it will take the youth on the team to do it, that in its self brings problems, but problems that have a postive future.

I think we win this game, but by the slightest of margins and late in the game. Very low scoring, they do not have the ability to make it a shoot out and our offense has not faced a talented D like this. 10-6 is what I think today.

I think the determining factor, if we lose, will be how we lost. If the players gave 100% and still lost I think, while most fans will be disappointed, they will just realize we're not there yet. If the players appear to give up, then people will start having flashbacks to last year.

I don't think there's any chance of the latter scenario. If there is one thing this team has shown this year is that they will play full out until the final whistle.

I guess, the bottom line is how we play the game. That's what Husker fans were so upset about last year, is that the team appeared to give up, they didn't believe in the system, they didn't believe in the coaches, and everything fell apart. No way that happens this year.. as they say, these kids will run through brick walls for Pelini.

:yeah Great post, I couldn't agree more. :thumbs

I think the biggest task is for Bo to have everyone mentally prepared for the intensity that VaTech is going to bring on defense and special teams, which will be well above anything they've faced yet.

I'll watch to see how the offense responds to any turnovers, or whether they stay confident if they come out and have to punt after the first few possessions. It's tough to be prepared to come into a game with high confidence while still being realistic about how difficult it will be to move the ball. You always want your team to expect to win, but at the same time you don't want their confidence shattered if they sputter for a quarter or two.