Cy Picks The Winners For Week Five!

Another big week of Big 12 football with some good match ups will begin to separate the cream of the crop from the pretenders. My record since beginning these weekly prediction threads is 16-3 but that can be misleading as most of these games were walk over affairs. It’ll get a bit tougher this week. Here are Cy’s predictions for Week Five

Army (0-3) at Texas A&M (1-2) – Finally, a patsy that A&M can beat. Army is just plain bad. If Texas A&M can’t beat these guys by a considerable margin, look for Mike Sherman to be available to coach your kid’s high school team shortly

Texas A&M (2-2)

Colorado (3-0) at Florida State (2-1) – Sorry Buffs, if KU can’t go into Florida and beat a good college team there is no way you’re going in and winning against a team that is at least as good. FSU defense against a CU offense that burned up the field for exactly one quarter…then died. By the way Buffs…West Virginia isn’t that good this year.

Colorado (3-1)

Troy (2-1) at Oklahoma State (3-0) – If it were Troy Aikman, maybe, but since it’s that little school that no one seems to know is located in Alabama…no chance. OK State will use a potent ground game to obliterate Troy

OK State (4-0)

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) – I know this is the one that’s supposed to be Nebraska’s big test…but VT just isn’t that good this year. We’re talking a team that got beat by East Carolina and then barely pulled out wins against Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Hell…they only scored 24 against Furman! This game will be more like a quiz than a test….

Nebraska (4-0)

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) – THIS will be the game I want to watch. Two ranked teams going head to head. If history is any guide, Oklahoma will fall to some team you wouldn’t think they would lose to and this year it’s going to be TCU. It’s hard to get a handle on either team when you consider who they’ve played but, since TCU tried real hard to recruit my daughter for their volleyball team and left me lots of TCU goodies, I’m picking them in a mild upset.

Oklahoma (3-1)

Arkansas (2-1) at Texas (3-0) – Arkansas is like Virginia Tech this year…a pretty bad team getting by on name recognition only. Before the season started, this looked like it would be a real good game but now I bet network officials are kicking themselves for giving it air time…

Texas (4-0)

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) – This is my upset game of the week. LL may be 1-2 but it’s a strong 1-2 against some nasty teams. K-State collapsed last week and I think once a JUCO dominated team collapses once, they’ll collapse again…repeatedly

K-State (2-2)

Teams with bye weeks include:

Baylor (3-1) – Things will get tough, starting with Oklahoma, next week. Bye Bye Baylor…

Iowa State (2-2) – They may find a way to lose during their bye week too…I am losing confidence in the ability of Chizek and his staff to make smart decisions on offense

Kansas (3-1) – Going to Ames next week. Trying to trip Reesing with the first down chains may end up as the high point of my weekend

Texas Tech (4-0) – Next up is K-State. The rich get richer….

Missouri (4-0) – Going to Lincoln. THIS one will be the final exam for Pelini and Nebraska….

Standings as of next week will be:

North

Nebraska (4-0)

Missouri (4-0)

Colorado (3-1)

Kansas (3-1)

Iowa State (2-2)

Kansas State (2-2)

South

Texas (4-0)

Texas Tech (4-0)

Oklahoma State (4-0)

Oklahoma (3-1)

Baylor (3-1)

Texas A&M (2-2)

There you go. As always, feel free to disagree, even though you will just be wrong and have verified that when it comes to picking games, you are a loser.

Another big week of Big 12 football with some good match ups will begin to separate the cream of the crop from the pretenders. My record since beginning these weekly prediction threads is 16-3 but that can be misleading as most of these games were walk over affairs. It’ll get a bit tougher this week. Here are Cy’s predictions for Week Five

Army (0-3) at Texas A&M (1-2) – Finally, a patsy that A&M can beat. Army is just plain bad. If Texas A&M can’t beat these guys by a considerable margin, look for Mike Sherman to be available to coach your kid’s high school team shortly

Texas A&M (2-2)

Colorado (3-0) at Florida State (2-1) – Sorry Buffs, if KU can’t go into Florida and beat a good college team there is no way you’re going in and winning against a team that is at least as good. FSU defense against a CU offense that burned up the field for exactly one quarter…then died. By the way Buffs…West Virginia isn’t that good this year.

Colorado (3-1)

Troy (2-1) at Oklahoma State (3-0) – If it were Troy Aikman, maybe, but since it’s that little school that no one seems to know is located in Alabama…no chance. OK State will use a potent ground game to obliterate Troy

OK State (4-0)

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) – I know this is the one that’s supposed to be Nebraska’s big test…but VT just isn’t that good this year. We’re talking a team that got beat by East Carolina and then barely pulled out wins against Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Hell…they only scored 24 against Furman! This game will be more like a quiz than a test….

Nebraska (4-0)

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) – THIS will be the game I want to watch. Two ranked teams going head to head. If history is any guide, Oklahoma will fall to some team you wouldn’t think they would lose to and this year it’s going to be TCU. It’s hard to get a handle on either team when you consider who they’ve played but, since TCU tried real hard to recruit my daughter for their volleyball team and left me lots of TCU goodies, I’m picking them in a mild upset.

Oklahoma (3-1)

Arkansas (2-1) at Texas (3-0) – Arkansas is like Virginia Tech this year…a pretty bad team getting by on name recognition only. Before the season started, this looked like it would be a real good game but now I bet network officials are kicking themselves for giving it air time…

Texas (4-0)

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) – This is my upset game of the week. LL may be 1-2 but it’s a strong 1-2 against some nasty teams. K-State collapsed last week and I think once a JUCO dominated team collapses once, they’ll collapse again…repeatedly

K-State (2-2)

Baylor (3-1) – Things will get tough, starting with Oklahoma, next week. Bye Bye Baylor…

Iowa State (2-2) – They may find a way to lose during their bye week too…I am losing confidence in the ability of Chizek and his staff to make smart decisions on offense

Kansas (3-1) – Going to Ames next week. Trying to trip Reesing with the first down chains may end up as the high point of my weekend

Missouri (4-0) – Going to Lincoln. THIS one will be the final exam for Pelini and Nebraska….

North

Nebraska (4-0)

Missouri (4-0)

Colorado (3-1)

Kansas (3-1)

Iowa State (2-2)

Kansas State (2-2)

South

Texas (4-0)

Texas Tech (4-0)

Oklahoma State (4-0)

Oklahoma (3-1)

Baylor (3-1)

Texas A&M (2-2)

There you go. As always, feel free to disagree, even though you will just be wrong and have verified that when it comes to picking games, you are a loser.

I am pretty sure Baylor is 2-2, they lost a close one to UConn

I think Colorado beats Florida State . . . did you see how pathetic they were on offense against Wake Forest? Any team with a defense is going to hold the Noles down. Colorado dominates the clock with their fledgling run game and wins 17-10.

That is a tough one to call. Florida State really beat them selves durring that game. They seemed to be moving the ball and gaining momentum then, backwards, backwards and so on. Any team would go down after all that. Especially the timing was horrible. If they straighten that out..... the buffalo chips may drop in be flat and stepped on. We'll see.

TCU has no chance in Norman.

OU - 49

TCU - 13

I am not sure it will be that much of a blowout...but Oklahoma has been KILLIN teams...and TCU won't escape Norman with a W this time......no chance. :box

Bah...how hard is it to kill teams like Chattanooga, Cincinnati and Washington? Anyway...it'll be a good game with TCU's #1 defense going up against OK's #4 offense.

I still say TCU wins it...

OU - 49

TCU - 13

I am not sure it will be that much of a blowout...but Oklahoma has been KILLIN teams...and TCU won't escape Norman with a W this time......no chance. :box

Bah...how hard is it to kill teams like Chattanooga, Cincinnati and Washington? Anyway...it'll be a good game with TCU's #1 defense going up against OK's #4 offense.

And how hard is it to beat teams (not kill) teams like New Mexico, Stephen F. Austin, Stanford, and SMU? Their #1 defense hasn't faced a glimpse of a tough team yet. Cincinnati went 10-2 last year. OU is the best team in the country...How can you say that TCU has a chance? The highest ranked offense they've faced so far is 98 in the country lol.

OU - 49

TCU - 13

Cy you might wanna take some time off from smokin' that Iowa ditch weed ;)

OU - 49

TCU - 13

Say they do hold OU's offense with their D, their offense still has to score against OU's D. Not happening man!!

OU 35

TCU 10

Texas A&M (2-2)

Colorado (3-1)

OK State (4-0)

Nebraska (4-0)

Oklahoma (3-1)

Texas (4-0)

K-State (2-2)

North

Nebraska (4-0)

Missouri (4-0)

Colorado (3-1)

Kansas (3-1)

Iowa State (2-2)

Kansas State (2-2)

South

Texas (4-0)

Texas Tech (4-0)

Oklahoma State (4-0)

Oklahoma (3-1)

Baylor (3-1)

Texas A&M (2-2)

I like all of your predictions, i don't disagree with a single one