Cy Picks The Winners For Week Five!

A few differences--

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) – No upset-- OU wins this one.

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) – KSU wins this one at home.

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) – This is my upset game of the week. Trap game, NU will be looking ahead to Mizzou. Road veterans, the touchdown underdog VATECH squeeeeeks by the untested huskers in LINCOLN by the smallest of margins.

GO BO!!

BEAT VT!!

Army (0-3) at Texas A&M (1-2) – Finally, a patsy that A&M can beat. Army is just plain bad. If Texas A&M can’t beat these guys by a considerable margin, look for Mike Sherman to be available to coach your kid’s high school team shortly

Texas A&M (2-2)

Both teams are just plain bad. I agree though.

Colorado (3-0) at Florida State (2-1) – Sorry Buffs, if KU can’t go into Florida and beat a good college team there is no way you’re going in and winning against a team that is at least as good. FSU defense against a CU offense that burned up the field for exactly one quarter…then died. By the way Buffs…West Virginia isn’t that good this year.

Colorado (3-1)

Ehhh...USF is ALOT better than Florida State, so that comparison doesn't hold any water. After seeing the Wake Forest/Florida State game, I definitely have to disagree with you and go with the Buffs. Buck the Fuffaloes. HURRRRRRRRRR

Troy (2-1) at Oklahoma State (3-0) – If it were Troy Aikman, maybe, but since it’s that little school that no one seems to know is located in Alabama…no chance. OK State will use a potent ground game to obliterate Troy

OK State (4-0)

OSU bends Troy over and uses their Cowboy co...well, let's just say I agree with you.

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) – I know this is the one that’s supposed to be Nebraska’s big test…but VT just isn’t that good this year. We’re talking a team that got beat by East Carolina and then barely pulled out wins against Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Hell…they only scored 24 against Furman! This game will be more like a quiz than a test….

Nebraska (4-0)

I definitely see a Husker win here. Not drinking kool aid (although alot of beer will be consumed this weekend), just calling it like I see it.

However, I will point out that while VT's offense is stale, their defense and special teams have been known to put points on the board. Only like once or twice though...

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) – THIS will be the game I want to watch. Two ranked teams going head to head. If history is any guide, Oklahoma will fall to some team you wouldn’t think they would lose to and this year it’s going to be TCU. It’s hard to get a handle on either team when you consider who they’ve played but, since TCU tried real hard to recruit my daughter for their volleyball team and left me lots of TCU goodies, I’m picking them in a mild upset.

Oklahoma (3-1)

:: buzzer sound :: Wrong! Sorry, I don't agree. Neither team has really played anyone worthy of noting, although I would argue that Cincy was better than any of the teams TCU faced. Oklahoma is the real deal this year. I know their are jokes that they can't win the big one, but they are just plain scary this year. Oh, and with a win against TCU, they will most likely be number one in the country.

Arkansas (2-1) at Texas (3-0) – Arkansas is like Virginia Tech this year…a pretty bad team getting by on name recognition only. Before the season started, this looked like it would be a real good game but now I bet network officials are kicking themselves for giving it air time…

Texas (4-0)

Knock, knock (who's there) Arkansas

...end of joke.

I agree with you.

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) – This is my upset game of the week. LL may be 1-2 but it’s a strong 1-2 against some nasty teams. K-State collapsed last week and I think once a JUCO dominated team collapses once, they’ll collapse again…repeatedly

K-State (2-2)

Hmm...this is a tough one. Not because both teams are good, but because they are both equally crappy. Is Kansas State the 2007 Kansas? Hahahahaha! See, the difference is that Mangino didn't go out and get a bunch of JUCO players and hope for the best. Get a freakin' clue Prince.

I think Louisiana Lafayette bends KSU over and uses their Rajun Cajun co...nevermind. I agree with you.

Actually, the game besides ours that I most want to watch is FSU vs. CU. If CU wins this one, they'll be one more Big 12 team in the top 25. I'm still not sure we'll be ranked if we win. CU is a solid team, and they are more consistent than a year ago. They're definitely going to give some teams in the Big 12 fits this year. I'm glad we have them at home.

Actually, the game besides ours that I most want to watch is FSU vs. CU. If CU wins this one, they'll be one more Big 12 team in the top 25. I'm still not sure we'll be ranked if we win. CU is a solid team, and they are more consistent than a year ago. They're definitely going to give some teams in the Big 12 fits this year. I'm glad we have them at home.

I think Colorado is an okay team, and by looking at their schedule (especially with a win over FSU) you would think so. But their schedule with the two big teams on it doesn't look as good as before.

West Virginia just isn't playing like West Virginia. Their offense is stalling (mainly because it isn't being run correctly), and they look average at best. FSU isn't too swell either. Probably another average-at-best team.

We'll see how well Colorado does once conference play starts...then I will be able to gauge just how good they are.

Although, I must say seeing Colorado fans running onto the field after beating a 21/22 ranked opponent (WVU) like they just won the National Championship was pathetic. How embarassing...

Another big week of Big 12 football with some good match ups will begin to separate the cream of the crop from the pretenders. My record since beginning these weekly prediction threads is 16-3 but that can be misleading as most of these games were walk over affairs. It’ll get a bit tougher this week. Here are Cy’s predictions for Week Five

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) – I know this is the one that’s supposed to be Nebraska’s big test…but VT just isn’t that good this year. We’re talking a team that got beat by East Carolina and then barely pulled out wins against Georgia Tech and North Carolina. Hell…they only scored 24 against Furman! This game will be more like a quiz than a test….

Nebraska (4-0)

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) – THIS will be the game I want to watch. Two ranked teams going head to head. If history is any guide, Oklahoma will fall to some team you wouldn’t think they would lose to and this year it’s going to be TCU. It’s hard to get a handle on either team when you consider who they’ve played but, since TCU tried real hard to recruit my daughter for their volleyball team and left me lots of TCU goodies, I’m picking them in a mild upset.

Oklahoma (3-1)

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) – This is my upset game of the week. LL may be 1-2 but it’s a strong 1-2 against some nasty teams. K-State collapsed last week and I think once a JUCO dominated team collapses once, they’ll collapse again…repeatedly

K-State (2-2)

There you go. As always, feel free to disagree, even though you will just be wrong and have verified that when it comes to picking games, you are a loser.

how did these games work for you? ;)

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) –

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) –

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) –

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

Another big week of Big 12 football with some good match ups will begin to separate the cream of the crop from the pretenders. My record since beginning these weekly prediction threads is 16-3 but that can be misleading as most of these games were walk over affairs. It’ll get a bit tougher this week. Here are Cy’s predictions for Week Five

Nebraska (4-0)

Oklahoma (3-1)

K-State (2-2)

There you go. As always, feel free to disagree, even though you will just be wrong and have verified that when it comes to picking games, you are a loser.

how did these games work for you? ;)

TCU (4-0) at Oklahoma (3-0) –

Louisiana Lafayette (1-2) at Kansas State (2-1) –

Virginia Tech (3-1) at Nebraska (3-0) –

GO BO!!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

Bah...I still finished up the week with a composite 20-6 record...good enough to retain God-like status over you pleebs..... <_<