***Official Virginia Tech Game Discussion Thread***

he was in the air and it was a horrible call.

What are you talking about... rewind your tivo dude

yeah well you can kiss mine. I know what I saw. and I'm not a dude.

go away.

Easy does it HuskerNCo. we're all frustrated.

I guess I just don't think of in the air as diving towards the ground head first after the qb is 3 yards out of bounds on his back. So you MUST be right

Suh was diving, it wasnt a vicious hit at all. Coulda gone either way IMO.

Bad game for us, overall. VT played pretty well, they deserve credit. The refs didn't determine the game.

Right, we didn't control either line consistently, couldn't run well, Ganz was always scrambling. Lots of run stops later in the game as Pelini was loading up, but we let Tyler get loose too often. A couple big plays put us back in the game but I'd rather not rely on those, especially since they weren't enough.

I like the passion but not the loss of control. 3 15-yard penalties in a very short stretch--terrible. And whether or not it is a questionable call on the OB hit, refs will protect a QB and if he is going out they expect tacklers to lay off, and will call that almost all of the time. Tyler may not have been quite down when Suh left his feet but he was clearly committed out of bounds so hitting him was just a bonehead play.

The good part was that the team didn't quit.

Overall, i'm not gonna lie, I am disappointed.

But as previously stated, they didn't quit, and fought to the bitter end. If this woulda been under BC, we'd have lost by something like 45-17...

I never thought i'd hear myself say this, but we need to throw the ball a bit more...

The D had bright spots, but too many mistakes.

The Suh penalty was a crap call, but we can't win em all...

The three things that pain me at the end ...

1.) If you are an official, you don't make that personal foul call late in the game. If you are an official and you let a play where another player falls on another one late become the deciding factor in a game, you should be ashamed and out of a job.

2.) Compound that call and put another 10 yards on it with the unsportsmanlike conduct call on Pelini. It's late in the game and you make a questionable call on my field? You deserve every word you get. Get some thick skin and pull your panties out of your a** and quit trying to be a freakin' deciding factor in a close game. That's just plain retarded.

3.) Why in the h*** did the officials not reset the game clock AND the play clock? Instead they allowed more time to come off the clock. It decided nothing, but why even allow it to possibly happen? If the game had came down to a play or two that was taken away from us, then that COULD be the deciding factor.

As far as everything else ..

Get Peterson and Swift off the field together. Either or, but not both at the same time. Both have problems getting open and it showed all night. Get Khiry ready then put in Niles and Curenski more. If we were actually able to stretch the field tonight, then guys like Meno, McNeil, Swift and Peterson could actually be productive.

Um, establish the run. The difference in Helu and Lucky is little. Helu is a better blocker and IMO, the better runner. Lucky is the better receiver. I want the better runner on the field on 1st and 2nd down. On 3rd down, let it be by the situation because Lucky still scares the heck out of me picking up blitzes.

Get Larry Asante off the field. I don't mean just on defense either. I mean all together. That blocked punt was SOLELY on him. You don't even put a hand on the guy when he's coming from your side? I mean, WTF?!?!

God love our d-line. How those guys didn't gas out is beyond me.

And for anyone upset about this week, I would just avoid this board or any board after Saturday of next week. That game is gonna be ugly for us I'm afraid.

time to take out some rage next week against some TIGERS!

:yeah

Somehow, I feel better about the next game..Hopefully we'll learn more from this loss than we would a win.

Shake it off everyone. :cowbell::blink:

I dont want to be rude but how in the hell can you feel better about next week. They had us beating vatech and now the tigers who are good are comin to town. And you feel better about playin a number 5 team then an unranked team. I cant believe that. As we just saw tonight, playing in lincoln doesnt mean a guarantee win. In either vatech, missouri, kansas it doesnt matter. Our team needs more depth and more practice. I believe they are playin there hearts out but were still atleast 1 year behind where we need to be to play this schedule.