The measuring stick

HSKRNOKC

We have had a measuring stick type of game. Now that we know where we are , how long until we make some serious noise and can claim to be a major player again??  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted two years. I don't have a lot of faith in lee or witt. I'm hoping Green comes in and shows up big time next year(not necessarily start) and then for the first time for a long time we have atleast a 3 yr starter at qb. Our defense played with heart last night, but they still look lost in the secondary. The D-Line????? :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap I thought the front 4 played as well as you can expect if not better. The run blocking needs a lot of work, and untill the run blocking gets to where it needs to be we won't win the north. And if we don't win the north, we can't be a player.

Everyone keeps pointing to Green as the answer to future QB questions. I know he is the man of the hour but are we forgeting about the players we already have? Namely Cody Spano! This cat is good, and the others we have are not to shabby either.

We have more pressing concern at several positions before QB. Our whole defense is in need of speedy and SMART players A.S.A.P!

In 2 years the Blackshirts will be blackshirts. Defenses win championships.

The defense will be back by the end of this season. They will win enough games to go to a bowl game, and will have an extra month of practice. They will be better next year, and will go to a better bowl. The team and the coaching staff will have matured, and Pelini will have a couple of recruiting classes. After that, they will compete with the best of them.

In 2 years the Blackshirts will be blackshirts. Defenses win championships.

I don't see the defense back until next season. I have given up on handing out any Black Shirts until next year...I sure didn't see much that warranted it yesterday. This whole team is really inconsistent. <_<

Two years at least, we have to get some depth in here with some talent. We are looking at having a QB next season with virtually no experience...that is not going to help at all.

I get really sick of this 'we have no talent' argument. We have a load of talent on this team, the problem has been consistency and execution. We all love to beat up on our secondary, but to be honest, they play pretty well about 80 percent of the time and then they completely blow an assignment for a big gainer. Last night could have easily been a thirty plus point loss, but the no-talent Huskers pathetic defense forced four, count em four, red zone field goals. Give it a rest. You want to blame execution fine, coaching, fine, inconsistency fine, but don't say there isn't any talent out there.