Missouri Game

1. Nebraska has to force turnovers. Mizzou will get their points. If Virginia Tech can get their points, Missouri can too. Probably more. That's why the Huskers will have to win the turnover battle to be successful

2. Somehow get pressure on Daniel with the front 4. You're not going to be able to blitz a lot, Mizzou likes the screen too much as it is.

3. Avoid giving up big plays. Missouri has burned every team this year deep.

4. Try not to get into a shootout. Nebraska will win the time of possession battle without too much trouble, as Mizzou doesn't chew up too much clock whether they score or not.

5. Avoid giving Mizzou a short field offensively. Kind of a no-brainer, but something that has happened in every game for MU so far. Nebraska has to be able to pin MU deep in their own territory as much as possible.

Just my opinion, for what its worth. Looking forward to a good game Saturday. Go Tigers!

Hmmm...

1) Have a secondary

2) Run the ball and eat up clock

3) No turnovers for Ganz or the team

But, what are the chances of these will actually happen? I mean, I have to be realistic here. The secondary has not gotten better the last four games, what would make them become better all of a sudden? Especially when we haven't been against too many explosive offenses yet. Well, at least no offenses that come close to Mizzou or Texas Tech. I mean seriously, VT was BAD at passing, but our secondary made him look like Tom Brady minus the injury. Okay, maybe that's an extreme comparison, but the previous three games Tyrod was in he averaged 66 yards passing per game. He nearly tripled this average against Nebraska. If you don't think our secondary has ALOT of work to do, well, you are sadly mistaken.

We haven't been able to run the ball since day one. The "strength of the team" is not really the "strength of the team". They are consistent alright. Too bad for us that they are consistent at missing blocks.

And Ganz usually throws at least one pick during each game.

The defensive secondary needs to have a very good game. Maybe even the game of some of these young players careers.

Also we need much better play calling on the Offense. We need to establish something (running game) and make them respect it.

This actually could give a a good chance to win the game late. If we can stay in it and be a one possesion game at the end, we can win this.

The defensive secondary needs to have a very good game. Maybe even the game of some of these young players careers.

Also we need much better play calling on the Offense. We need to establish something (running game) and make them respect it.

This actually could give a a good chance to win the game late. If we can stay in it and be a one possesion game at the end, we can win this.

Yeah, we can win any game.

But I'm curious what you have seen that makes you think we can keep this game within one possession by the end of the game? Wishful thinking maybe?

1) if we put ourselves in position for an important play like a key first down or a big stop we have to stay focused and not kill ourselves with a FREAKING PENALTY.. we have to be the worst in the Big 12 in that category

2) fly to the ball and wrap up and tackle like blackshirts... i wish Charlie McBride and some former blackshirts could have their own time to preach during film study time this week

3) wouldn't it be nice to pull Ricky Henry out of the redshirt and insert him in the starting lineup to make a statement to the rest of the entire team ? i know it would be a mistake in the long run but damn we really need to be PHYSICAL and pound this Missouri team into submission .... we gotta be fanatically optimistic

:koolaid2:

2. Blitz. Blitz a whole heapin' helpin'. Bring out all of the stuff you've been saving so far. Rattle Daniel and get into his head.

3. Run. The. Ball.

The above two, plus gain an advantage on special teams. Swift and Paul need to do their thing returning punts. I really think we're gonna need a cheap 7-14 from our special teams to have a chance in this one.

Upset Missouri, they do not need to come here and get upset, they will kick our bottoms without being upset, oh sorry I missed the point.

Really, there is not a chance in h3ll of it happening so why waste the time even thinking about it.

I thought that about Oregon St. / USC and Florida/ Ole Miss too. The biggest miracle would be to control the clock and pound the rock for first downs and touchdowns.... that and Missouri turning the ball over