Lucky talking smack???

godd2

I don't mean to sound like an ass. But anyone bashing on Lucky, I would love to see you guys do half the things that he has done.

I'm tired of everyone bashing Lucky too. What in the world do you want from him? Do you want him to single handedly take over games? Sure it would be nice, but it just won't happen and it would help if our line did better, play calling..all that. Give it a rest, he had 1800 yards last season rush/rec on a bad team...and you all act like he's a little girl. Whatever dudes...

I don't mean to sound like an ass. But anyone bashing on Lucky, I would love to see you guys do half the things that he has done.

I'm tired of everyone bashing Lucky too. What in the world do you want from him? Do you want him to single handedly take over games? Sure it would be nice, but it just won't happen and it would help if our line did better, play calling..all that. Give it a rest, he had 1800 yards last season rush/rec on a bad team...and you all act like he's a little girl. Whatever dudes...

Amen.

At least I know that I'm not alone.

A lot of the kats on here hold it against him that recruiting sites rated him a 5 Star even though he had nothing to do with that. NOTE: Some are the same dudes that say Stars mean nothing. <_<

Amen.

At least I know that I'm not alone.

A lot of the kats on here hold it against him that recruiting sites rated him a 5 Star even though he had nothing to do with that. NOTE: Some are the same dudes that say Stars mean nothing. <_<

Thanks guys.

Lucky we got your back buddy.

GO BIG RED!!!

MU Players took notice of Lucky's comments:

Columbian

MU defense hears Lucky's words

Monday, September 29, 2008 | 8:09 p.m. CDT

BY ANDREW ASTLEFORD

COLUMBIA — Missouri's defense appreciates the sentiment. After Nebraska's loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday, NU tailback Marlon Lucky told the Omaha World-Herald, "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

i call BS.

what lucky said in nebraska and how the missourian reported it are *completely* different. for a school that prides itself on being the home of journalism, they should be ashamed of how totally they're misrepresenting a direct quote by lucky.

of course, right now they're riding so high they have no sense of shame right now.

time for an ole miss/oregon state-style upset, y'all!

I still contend that marlon could do some freaky things if given a line like we used to have. no he's not the best runner we have had between the tackles.... but how many backs have we had that were as good in open space? hes not great at making something out of nothing.... but i dont think there are a lot of guys out there that can do better than him when he actually gets a hole

If we had the line of old, we would have much better backs than Lucky. And the Line has to be some tough half crazed, mean, vicuos, nasty, big savages.

I'm sure you remember them. At that time we had backs with the same attitude. Look at Ahman Green... Schelsinger... the mackovica's... Rathman.. just to name a few. If you were goning to tackle one of them.. you'd better have your helmet straped down and have a few painkillers in the old locker. Lucky shouldn't even be thought of in the same realm and I apologize for doing that. Running through a 3 yard hole is good and all but fighting for an extra inch and giving everything you have on every play, means much much more. We need to develope a few backs with that attitude and determination. I think we turning in that direction but we are not there, not yet

I don't see that with Lucky. I don't know if he is a victum of bad coaching or what but, slot reciever (and run in your cutback lanes) he is. Running back he is not.

Columbian

BY ANDREW ASTLEFORD

COLUMBIA — Missouri's defense appreciates the sentiment. After Nebraska's loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday, NU tailback Marlon Lucky told the Omaha World-Herald, "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

i call BS.

what lucky said in nebraska and how the missourian reported it are *completely* different. for a school that prides itself on being the home of journalism, they should be ashamed of how totally they're misrepresenting a direct quote by lucky.

of course, right now they're riding so high they have no sense of shame right now.

You need to actually read what is written. That is not a misrepresentation on the part of the Missourian. As the Missourian article said, Lucky's comments were published in the Omaha World-Herald after the Virginia Tech game. http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10444885

The Missourian took that quote verbatim from the World-Herald, credited it to them and asked Missouri players to respond.

If you want to call out a news source for misrepresenting a quote, that's fine, but you're calling out the wrong one if that's the case.

Columbian

BY ANDREW ASTLEFORD

i call BS.

You need to actually read what is written. That is not a misrepresentation on the part of the Missourian. As the Missourian article said, Lucky's comments were published in the Omaha World-Herald after the Virginia Tech game. http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10444885

The Missourian took that quote verbatim from the World-Herald, credited it to them and asked Missouri players to respond.

If you want to call out a news source for misrepresenting a quote, that's fine, but you're calling out the wrong one if that's the case.

disappointing that the WH would do that... its clear they misrepresented what he said. the question wasnt even about missouri