Lucky talking smack???

godd2

Here in KC there has been much said about Lucky's comment after the game the other day...He said "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

Not sure if he needs to give Mizzou more reason to play hard...plus he needs to play better before he talks.

Against the Hokies, the ground line was thus: 25 carries for 55 yards. Take away quarterback Joe Ganz’s carries and a backwards pass to Niles Paul, and the line looks like this: 16 carries for 41 yards. Just 16 totes for what many believed to be one of the best backfields in the Big 12.

“Do we got to get better? Absolutely,” Cotton said. “But we’re not throwing up any white flags and saying we’re not good up front. We are a good offensive line and we’re going to continue to work hard the rest of the year.”

Husker fans will hear about two other Cotton quotes this week – we’ll call them the “no big deal” and “absolutely not concerned” sound bytes – that were not indicative of his post-game comments. Taken alone, those two statements make Cotton sound aloof. It’s not that. He’s loyal and protective of his guys. Didn’t choose the best words, maybe, but he’s not necessarily paid to do that

Here in KC there has been much said about Lucky's comment after the game the other day...He said "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

Not sure if he needs to give Mizzou more reason to play hard...plus he needs to play better before he talks.

I doubt a harmless comment as that makes much difference. Most of that "bulletin board" material is over hyped. I doubt MU or Nebraska needs any additional reasons to get ready to play.

I doubt a harmless comment as that makes much difference. Most of that "bulletin board" material is over hyped. I doubt MU or Nebraska needs any additional reasons to get ready to play.

It's obviously been taken way out of context. It was during a VaTech post game interview, the anger comes from the dissapointing loss. Missouri just happens to be the team they play next and they are going to try to take their anger out on them, it was in no way a shot at Missouri, or talking smack.

It's obviously been taken way out of context. It was during a VaTech post game interview, the anger comes from the dissapointing loss. Missouri just happens to be the team they play next and they are going to try to take their anger out on them, it was in no way a shot at Missouri, or talking smack.

it isn't a shot at missouri. I think it just means they will play hard.

it isn't a shot at missouri. I think it just means they will play hard.

Right on man. :yeah

From NU's website. This quote had nothing to do with Missouri.

On how this game affects their confidence

"We need to watch out. We have a lot of anger right now. This whole week is going to be physical."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=1591762

lol. Well, doesn't matter at this point MU thinks Lucky said it and they're fired up. I say we run the hell out of Helu. Even better, go with 2-backs Lucky/Helu fake it to Lucky and I betcha we can use this to our advantage, Helu could stride downfield untouched :) Although Lucky would take some big hits.

MU Players took notice of Lucky's comments:

Columbian

MU defense hears Lucky's words

Monday, September 29, 2008 | 8:09 p.m. CDT

BY ANDREW ASTLEFORD

COLUMBIA — Missouri's defense appreciates the sentiment. After Nebraska's loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday, NU tailback Marlon Lucky told the Omaha World-Herald, "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

His anger might have been misdirected. By Monday afternoon, Missouri defensive personnel were well aware of Lucky's comment. Players approached it in different ways as they continued preparations for Missouri's Big 12 Conference opener Saturday night at Nebraska. Some let it die. Others will use it as motivation. But there was a consensus: Lucky's sharp words cut across the border.

"You can't get caught up in the bulletin board material, but we appreciate the bulletin board material," linebacker Sean Weatherspoon said, grinning. "It gives us a little more confidence. It gives us an edge, because we know guys are out there talking smack about us, and we just want to show guys what we can do.

"If we go out there and take care of business as a defensive front and take care of the line of scrimmage, then we'll be able to talk it up a little bit."

Missouri will attempt to slow Nebraska's offense for the second consecutive year. Last year in MU's 41-6 victory over Nebraska, the Tigers held the Cornhuskers to 297 total yards (compared to Missouri's 606). Nebraska managed 74 yards rushing, led by Lucky's 67. Nebraska quarterback Sam Keller threw for 223 yards on 25-of-43 passing with one interception.

This year, quarterback Joe Ganz leads the Cornhuskers' offensive threat. Nebraska ranks No. 33 in total offense, averaging 421 yards per game. Through four games, Ganz has thrown for 997 yards and seven touchdowns. Lucky paces Nebraska's running backs with 186 yards on 42 carries.

"You just have to shrug them off," linebacker Brock Christopher said of Lucky's comments. "We try not to make comments like that.

"You can use them for fuel if you want. I do."

Said defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus: "Obviously, players are going to read those things, but we're just going to focus on what we do.

"You coach them up. You tell them to always be positive to those you play with and you play against. That's what we teach (our players). We had a meeting about that. Hopefully, they listened to us."

They listened to Lucky, and pleasantries might be exchanged come Saturday.

"Somebody might say a little something to him about it," cornerback Carl Gettis said, smiling.