Lucky talking smack???

godd2

Yeah..I saw him say that! But then a few seconds later a brisk breeze picked up and knocked him over... <_<

:clap:clap:clap

Having Lucky saying that kind of thing is like having a 3-year old telling me he's going to knock my block off...

:madash

Marlon Lucky is still better then Stevie Hicks :wub: ever was. :box:moreinteresting That 3 year old that you were talking about probably would have tackled Stevie and Hicks would have limped off the field injuried. :koolaid2:

For a guy that gets tackled so easy how did he get some many all purpose yards over his career? #4 in the history of Nebraska to be exact and here is who he is behind, Ahman, Rozier, and The Jet please let that set in. (Waits for the it was the system and he milked his yards against poor teams response. Yet anyone who played in the run first offense against the likes of Pacific, Iowa St in the 80-90, and all the other top level teams we played were awesome) :bang:boxosoap

For the record Mizzou shouldn't need anything to get them ready to play. They are #4 in the Nation and should have their eyes set on bigger prizes. Sorry if they needed a taken out of context comment to help them get up for a game against NU in aplace they haven't won in a long long time then that is really, really sad. :dunno

If I was Mizzou I would be more upset that there has been a video of the Golden Child eating his boogers the last time they were here. Oh and the fact that they lost to Coz in both of their attempts against him here. I think they would use that as the almighty always working "bulletin board" material to rally around.

Here in KC there has been much said about Lucky's comment after the game the other day...He said "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

Not sure if he needs to give Mizzou more reason to play hard...plus he needs to play better before he talks.

I doubt a harmless comment as that makes much difference. Most of that "bulletin board" material is over hyped. I doubt MU or Nebraska needs any additional reasons to get ready to play.

It's obviously been taken way out of context. It was during a VaTech post game interview, the anger comes from the dissapointing loss. Missouri just happens to be the team they play next and they are going to try to take their anger out on them, it was in no way a shot at Missouri, or talking smack.

it isn't a shot at missouri. I think it just means they will play hard.

Yeah, Lucky wants to play better (And I think he will). Saturday, we will see a Nebraska team come out and hit missouri in the mouth.

GBR!!!!

[

Marlon Lucky is still better then Stevie Hicks :wub: ever was. :box:moreinteresting That 3 year old that you were talking about probably would have tackled Stevie and Hicks would have limped off the field injuried. :koolaid2:

For a guy that gets tackled so easy how did he get some many all purpose yards over his career? #4 in the history of Nebraska to be exact and here is who he is behind, Ahman, Rozier, and The Jet please let that set in. (Waits for the it was the system and he milked his yards against poor teams response. Yet anyone who played in the run first offense against the likes of Pacific, Iowa St in the 80-90, and all the other top level teams we played were awesome) :bang:boxosoap

You seriously need to get off the Stevie Hicks kick you're on...especially considering that Hicks missed most of two season with knee injuries and still managed to grind out nine 100 yard rushing games against mostly Big 12 opponents (Missouri, Colorado, Kansas, KSU (twice), A&M along with Iowa, UNLV and, yes, lowly UNI). From what I can see...Lucky has eight 100+ rushing games and only three came against Big 12 opponents, the rest came against tough foes like Troy and Nevada... Now don't make me have to come over there and compare the offensive lines that Hicks and Lucky have had to run behind because then you'll just end up looking silly. By the way...in three games against ISU, Lucky has gained a total of...wait for it...107 yards. Be patient while I stop quivering in fear.... <_<

Now...rankings are all pretty and nice..."so and so has the most this" and "so and so has the most that"...all very fine. So I guess if we're going to go that route, that would make Brett Meier the thrid best QB ever to play football in the history of the Big 12 right? I mean...he IS one of only three QB's in Big 12 (or 8 for that matter) history to gain over 10,000 yards in total offense...so, and this is using your logic mind you, that makes him much better than, say, Frazier or Young or any other of those QB wannabes that have played in the conference right?

Your profanity-laden response full of indignation is eagerly anticipated....

[

You seriously need to get off the Stevie Hicks kick you're on...especially considering that Hicks missed most of two season with knee injuries and still managed to grind out nine 100 yard rushing games against mostly Big 12 opponents (Missouri, Colorado, Kansas, KSU (twice), A&M along with Iowa, UNLV and, yes, lowly UNI). From what I can see...Lucky has eight 100+ rushing games and only three came against Big 12 opponents, the rest came against tough foes like Troy and Nevada... Now don't make me have to come over there and compare the offensive lines that Hicks and Lucky have had to run behind because then you'll just end up looking silly. By the way...in three games against ISU, Lucky has gained a total of...wait for it...107 yards. Be patient while I stop quivering in fear.... <_<

Now...rankings are all pretty and nice..."so and so has the most this" and "so and so has the most that"...all very fine. So I guess if we're going to go that route, that would make Brett Meier the thrid best QB ever to play football in the history of the Big 12 right? I mean...he IS one of only three QB's in Big 12 (or 8 for that matter) history to gain over 10,000 yards in total offense...so, and this is using your logic mind you, that makes him much better than, say, Frazier or Young or any other of those QB wannabes that have played in the conference right?

Your profanity-laden response full of indignation is eagerly anticipated....

I know Stevie Hicks was a difference maker and all teams gameplanned against him. 2003 - 11 of 12, 2004 - 12 of 12, 2005 - 9 of 12, 2006 - 8 of 12. So lets see that is 8 games he missed in 4 years. That isn't even 1 full season let alone the better part of 2 seasons. Oh yeah Marlon Lucky = All purpose Back (over 100 running/receiving yards in all but 2 games last year that is 10. USC and KU were the only 2 and he had 75 and 98 in those) For the record Hicks 687 touches 2751 yards compared to Lucky 571 touches for 3686 yards. Considering Marlon barely played his Frosh year I would say that is probably in the same amount of games. Your 3 games against ISU stat is kind of misleading because he barely play in 05 & 06. Yet here is his line from last year 16-107-1 Rushing, 4-16 Receiving, 1-1-20-1 Passing.

Anyway, Brett MEYER played more games then most of the guys that have played Big 12 ball. (Note Frazier never played in the Big 12) Lucky hasn't played in more games then some of the cats he has more yards then in NU history. Stats add up when you play every game for 4 years which is almost the same thing as Lucky hardly playing in 05, sharing duty in 06, and putting up 1700 yards last year. Wait Bret MEYER did sit out a few series last year so you are right his stats adding up is the same. :madash

Don't give me the OL crap either. Hicks ran behind better lines then the Davis boys and he couldn't carry their jocks. If you think that the lines Lucky has ran behind even compare to the lines that the RB's before him I really can't help you.

Oh wait I forgot..............dirty word #1, dirty word #2, dirty word #3, poop, dang it, dirty word #4. Is that good enough. :dunno

Waits for response on how Barney Cotton is offensive wiz and how Todd Blythe should have been drafted and made a NFL team. Or how if Stevie Hicks :moreinteresting:nanalama wouldn't have missed those 8 games he would have been an All American.

I'm amazed at how many people are ignoring the fact that he didnt even say that

I was going to ask that. Has it even been verified that he said that? Or are the folks in Missouri making stuff up?

from this thread

From NU's website. This quote had nothing to do with Missouri.

On how this game affects their confidence

"We need to watch out. We have a lot of anger right now. This whole week is going to be physical."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...;ATCLID=1591762

I guess no one is seeing it

Here in KC there has been much said about Lucky's comment after the game the other day...He said "Missouri . . . they need to watch out, because we've got a lot of anger right now."

Not sure if he needs to give Mizzou more reason to play hard...plus he needs to play better before he talks.

good for him!!

the steadfast underdog standing in defiance, middle finger upraised as the tiger is about to slash him with its razor sharp claws.

.... last act of defiance

.... cool when perfectly timed!

BEAT MIZZOU!!

"We need to watch out. We have a lot of anger right now. This whole week is going to be physical."

HAHA! Wow.

Gotta love the internet.

I know. its one thing to take things out of context.... its another to just change words. we=they?

HAHA! Wow.

Gotta love the internet.

I know. its one thing to take things out of context.... its another to just change words. we=they?

No doubt. What a bunch of crap.