When is the last time we won a game we werent supposed to???

billdozer15

1996 in fiesta bowl against florida? werent we supposed to be blown out?

Yea i think we were supposed to be blown out

Even the anouncers called it the offense of the 90s against the offense of the 50s. But I don't think this was the last time. The last time was any game we won with Callacoz coaching imo.

:yeah

I think the 1996 Fiesta Bowl was the last time too.

I remember Sports Illustrated talking about how Florida's Speed was going to be too much for Nebraska and how Nebraska was going to get blown out of the water. SI would have predicted the 62-24 would have been advantage to Florida. Since then, MAYBE the Notre Dame game in 2000 because if I remember correctly, some folks said Nebraska couldn't pull off a win at Notre Dame.

What about against Oklahoma in 2001? I thought we were the underdogs in that one by 10 points or so.

Since then, MAYBE the Notre Dame game in 2000 because if I remember correctly, some folks said Nebraska couldn't pull off a win at Notre Dame.

Nahhh, most people thought we were going to blow them out. Hanging around Wrigleyville after the Cubs game the day before I asked an ND fan if they were going to break out the green jerseys. He said probably not, they really hadn't been working well the last few times and they were afraid if we put 50 on them, they'd have to retire them for good.

And one of the reasons we were able to turn it into the Sea of Red is that ND fans didn't want to see a big loss, and couple pretty much pay for the rest of the games by selling this ticket.

As it turned out, our offense sputtered at times, and they got the two TD returns to put the game into OT.