Hello to Helu

HuskerNMO

These guys were recruited for the WCO, which is a balance of running and passing. The excuse that they were recruited for just pass blocking is lame. I think the problem is the coaching (Cotton).

lets give him a little time.....

I'm not calling for his job. I think everyone deserves a chance, but look at his track record. I have never been a fan of Cotton and wonder why he was brought back. This is however, just my opinion. I think he is the weak link on this great coaching staff.

None of the staff has had enough time for much of anything. I can't see bashing or bringing down any of the coaches at this time. When you really think about this... I think Bo will evaluate things quite often. If there is a week link, Bo will see it and adress it. I don't think callaclown's ideals (never fire my wifes seceret lover and dogs leg post) will fly with Bo. TO and Bo both seem to be realistic and will make changes where they are needed. And my comment about Cozahan there was a joke. Kinda like either of those too coaching... pretty unbelievable.

It almost seems like we the fans know more about what to do with this running game than the coaches themselves. I mean, it would be a genius idea to line up Helu in the backfield, put Quentin in as a fullback and Lucky as a slot receiver....that's soo many weapons for a defense to worry about, I think it'd work well.

Why don't they do something like that???

It almost seems like we the fans know more about what to do with this running game than the coaches themselves. I mean, it would be a genius idea to line up Helu in the backfield, put Quentin in as a fullback and Lucky as a slot receiver....that's soo many weapons for a defense to worry about, I think it'd work well.

Why don't they do something like that???

Good question, it is not like we have a fullback that would be missed out there. I have not seen many solid blocks applied by the FB this year so far. Instead of a space clogger, maybe get another rb out there with playmaking ability.

I think people are being way too unfair on Lucky. The article said Lucky has had no highlights this season? What?! What about keeping his balance down the sideline against VT, what about that awesome TD run he had against W. Michigan; where he showed great discipline waiting for the lane to open up.

Helu may well be better than Lucky is now in a year or two; but at this point Lucky's experience gives him the edge. They have different styles though so you utilize them differently.

Having said all that Lucky is not running very consistently, and I don't know the reason for that. But hopefully the threat of losing the starting spot will light a fire under him. That's what we need in the running game right now.. is linemen and backs that want to prove everyone wrong... let's just hope the coaches give them a few more chances to do that over the conference season.

:yeah

It ain't rocket science and it feels like Watson and Cotton are trying to make it into Rocket Science.

Its probably too technical for us to understand....

SORRY I HAD TO DO IT

you cant pass a setup like that.

But in all seriousness, it does seem like they are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole here.

I think people are being way too unfair on Lucky. The article said Lucky has had no highlights this season? What?! What about keeping his balance down the sideline against VT, what about that awesome TD run he had against W. Michigan; where he showed great discipline waiting for the lane to open up.

Helu may well be better than Lucky is now in a year or two; but at this point Lucky's experience gives him the edge. They have different styles though so you utilize them differently.

Having said all that Lucky is not running very consistently, and I don't know the reason for that. But hopefully the threat of losing the starting spot will light a fire under him. That's what we need in the running game right now.. is linemen and backs that want to prove everyone wrong... let's just hope the coaches give them a few more chances to do that over the conference season.

i don't think you "light a fire" under Lucky......he is who he is........sometimes flashy, sometimes less than average.

Not trying to make any excuses for our running attack -- we got a lot of work to do. We definitely have a big issue right now that needs to be improved on. With that said, did you noticed that OU only had 25 yards rushing against TCU? Yes, I know Bradford was on fire, but they may not have a very balanced attack that could hurt them against UT. Just pointing that out. Not trying to compare with NU's problem.

The running game failed against Va Tech because Watson didn't make an effort to get it going. Every play, especially a dive or an iso, can't go for a homerun. It's pretty rare to see a RB with stats such as 6 carries for 100 yds but you'll often see stats like 20-110 yds. Just how the game is. If the Huskers can combine a solid running game with a VERTICAL passing game, the offense can be very dangerous!

I would really like to see Helu and Lucky in at the same time. Hopefully the coaches are trying to get this to happen. Lucky may not be the best straight ahead runner, but he is a weapon if used properly. Helu has big play ability as well, I'd like to see more of him.

how about all 3 of em? helu at i-back, castille at fullback, and line lucky up as a wide out... just to see what would happen?? i'd like to see that happen against OU actually, see if they call time out and crap their pants or what happens!