O Line?

Didn't we hear from the program last spring and summer that the O-line was going to be very good?

What happened?

River-Runner

Remember who they play against the majority of the time in their college careers, NU's own defense. I'm sure they did mighty fine against our own starting defense and when you have no other basis to go on, that's what you get.

I took that statement earlier this year in tongue in cheek.

For what can be said, C. Pelini's D-line is the strongest unit and the WRs are on this years team.

They are ok, not good. Last night they were just overmatched, mentally and physically, the lineman accounted for some major penalties that stalled the offense, not to count for a lot of missed blocking assignments. :bang

You have those false starts/penalties on the O-line when you go against quicker D-Lines. Then all of a sudden that causes a snow ball effect and you begin thinking and blown assignments occur.

I guarantee this O-line would be better if they faced a quicker NU D-line each week in practice.

No one will give them credit, but Wags and BC were absolutely fantastic coaches for our line. Wags should have NEVER been let go unless we were bringing in someone like Art Shell or Hudson Houck.

In what respect were they fantastic?

dude, didn't you hear, they were fantastic in every area last year!!

No one will give them credit, but Wags and BC were absolutely fantastic coaches for our line. Wags should have NEVER been let go unless we were bringing in someone like Art Shell or Hudson Houck.

Our o-line has been bad since 2002. Wags and Calllllllahan sucked, they didn't bring in very good talent, and what little talent we do have, they didn't teach very well. We are seeing just exactly how bad the Calllllllahan era was here. It's gonna take a few years to get rid of that disease.

Look at how bad he screwed up the Raiders. Its been 6 years and they are still a disaster.

well, i see one positive trend with the o-line. they are redshirting Henry and Steinkhuler.

Maybe they are saving some of their bad asses, giving them time to get stronger, meaner, learn technique of the new system without braking their balls in games like MU?

Kind of like the old days when only Shields, Fonoti, or Raola were good enough to play right away.

well, i see one positive trend with the o-line. they are redshirting Henry and Steinkhuler.

Maybe they are saving some of their bad asses, giving them time to get stronger, meaner, learn technique of the new system without braking their balls in games like MU?

Kind of like the old days when only Shields, Fonoti, or Raola were good enough to play right away.

I don't agree...if they were the best we have, they would be playing. Bo said that he was going to play who ever was the best no matter what their status was. <_< Which I would rather see them hold back some of the freshmen for better times since we obviously aren't playing for any kind of title this year.

Im thinking that those comments were made to hopefully boost the morale and maybe light a fire under the butts of the O-Line. Thats about the only thing i can imagine, because if the coaches really did think this was the strongest unit...i hate to say it...but then we have talent evaluation issues again.