The rest of the year as I see it

Well we have hit the meat of our schedule and unfortunately things have gone as expected. With games remaining agiants TT, ISU, Baylor, OU, Kansas, KSU, and Colorado the outlook is looking bleak. I see possibly 3 wins left. TT, OU and Kansas are out of the question at this point. Even if our defense has an epiphany, our offense will not be able to put up enough points without a legit run game, which has no signs of ever coming to life.

ISU, Baylor, KSU and Colorado all look winable at this point. However these teams are going to get better as the season moves on as i hope we will. But I think they are all toss ups. We will be going into Ames coming of a three game skid, and more than likely a heavy handed beating for two weeks in a row. Baylor has a QB that will give us fits. KSU looks like a solid W, although it is in Manhattan. Colorado will be a close game. I say we will probably with 3 of these 4. But there is no way we win all of them. I see ISU and Colorado as our biggest hiccup games.

After another bowless season lets hope our recruiting class doesnt bail and leave us empty handed for the second straight year. This will have devestating effects on our program. I feel that Bo can get it done, however he just doesnt have anything to work with on defense. We are a little young and i dont think there is much for talent.

I know i will probably get smacked around for this, but I think it is an objective opinion. I broke my rose colored glass this weekend when i threw them on the ground. Can someone tell me where to get a new pair?

My two cents

@TT - almost for sure a loss.

@ISU - maybe a win (give us 60% odds)

Baylor - probably a win (give us 70% odds)

@Oklahoma - Take a miracle to win

Kansas - 50/50 at this point; edge KU (at their place)

@KSU - probably a win (gives us 75% odds)

Colorado - 50/50 at this pont; edge NU (home game)

So, I'm thinking 6-6, with a legitmate shot at 7-5 (and just as legitmate shot at 5-7).

My two cents

So, I'm thinking 6-6, with a legitmate shot at 7-5 (and just as legitmate shot at 5-7).

We have KU at home.

My two cents

We have KU at home.

Oops - edge us then. I think they are too one dimensional (like us).

Agree with the more recent posts. With all of the upsets in college football, I don't write off any game. Of course the Texas Tech and Oklahoma games are long shots. Kansas seems to be falling back to earth. If Bo can hold the team together, I'm optomistic about the other games. But you can't put a W in front of ANY of them until you play them. I'm sure Baylor, ISU, KSU, and CU are all looking at Nebraska and thinking they have a good shot too.

Agree with the more recent posts. With all of the upsets in college football, I don't write off any game. Of course the Texas Tech and Oklahoma games are long shots. Kansas seems to be falling back to earth. If Bo can hold the team together, I'm optomistic about the other games. But you can't put a W in front of ANY of them until you play them. I'm sure Baylor, ISU, KSU, and CU are all looking at Nebraska and thinking they have a good shot too.

I'm sure they are thinking "more than a good shot". All of my predictions are based on a team that "holds it together", and some adjustments are made:

1. Stop the (penalty) insanity! We can't continue this and it should not be tolerated!

2. We redefine our running game. What we are doing now doesn't and will not work (this year).

3. We get more discplined on defense, both in tackling and blown coverages.

If we don't do these things, which are all doable, we won't stand much of a chance against anybody.

We are still where I thought we would be at the beginning of the year. We are still a 7-5 team. We will lose the ones we should and win the others.

Texas Tech, loss by over 30

Iowa State, a win but by the narrowest of margins

Baylor, a win but very close, they have a mobile QB that passes well when needed

Oklahoma, loss by at least 20, should be much worse, but Stoops will call off the dogs on Pelini

Kansas, a loss by at least 14

Kansas State, a win but again a close game

Colorado, too early to say. They will be better by the time we play them. Will we is the question. Our season really rides on this game.

There will be no signature wins this year.

Reality is we are better than last year, and only because of coaching and attitude. No talent improvement and we are now seeing the reason the younger players were riding the bench.

Guys no offence but if we cant beat VaTech in our house theres no way we can beat Kansas. Sorry not drinkin it this time.

KSU and Baylor are our only winnable games left.

Bo better clean house over the winter and get these loser players out of here.

This seems to be a little harsh, don't ya think? These are young men (18-22) who were not coached for the last 4 years. Should the O-line be better than it is, yes. The D-line, quite thin if you ask me. LB's....this one doesn't even require a response.

Basically, until our offense can control the clock and the ball and allow our very thin defense to recover; we have very little hope in being able to hang w/ many teams. Most of the time, our defense has their hands on their hips by early in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Just my 2 cents.

OU and Mizzou will probably be ranked #1/#2 going into the Big 12 Champ game. I think we found out more about our team during the VTech game than during the Mizzou game. I don't think we're as bad as Mizzou made us look. TTech will probably make us look almost as bad as Mizzou did, and OU will too (but like has been mentioned, they will not run the score up on us).

TTech (8%): NU needs a miracle to win

ISU (70%): We should win this game

Baylor (80%): We should win this game

OU (2%): NU has no chance to win

KU (25%): They are vulnerable; we'll see what happens over next few weeks, i think we match up much worse with KU than ISU

KSU(85%): We should win this game

CU(50%): Won't know until we see how each team is playing by then

I'm going with the majority opinion here:

8/4: not likely, but not impossible (need KU upset)

7/5: decent chance, depends on how well we progress

6/6: most likely only need wins against ISU/Baylor/KSU

5/7: this would be a demoralizing season, no bowl game