The rest of the year as I see it

@TT - a loss maybe even by 17 pts

@ISU - a win- easy

Baylor - a win- easy

@Oklahoma - definitely a loss

Kansas - a loss- but should be close

@KSU - a win- easy

Colorado- a loss in a close one- just because CU is further into their new coach and system.

6-6 a slight improvement from last year.

as always - opinions vary

BEAT TT!!

Please note that my new avatar is the boys knealing down for a prayer. If you want any hopes of a good season i suggest you do the same. Not tryin to pull punches because i coudlnt do what they do. But were

5-7, 6-6 or 7-5 this year boys. And be happy with that. We could just as easly get upset buy isu, or baylor. It could happen guys. 3-9 How would you feel then.

Guys no offence but if we cant beat VaTech in our house theres no way we can beat Kansas. Sorry not drinkin it this time.

KSU and Baylor are our only winnable games left.

Bo better clean house over the winter and get these loser players out of here.

I knew it was just a matter of time before OLDMAN would come on here bumping his gums.....come on dude, "loser players"? Classy :sarcasm

Guys no offence but if we cant beat VaTech in our house theres no way we can beat Kansas. Sorry not drinkin it this time.

I knew it was just a matter of time before OLDMAN would come on here bumping his gums.....come on dude, "loser players"? Classy :sarcasm

I haven't seen any "GOOD" players on this team.

None of them would ever be first team on say a Mizzou , Texas or Okla .

Its like they say , you can dress up a PIG but it's still a PIG.

I haven't seen any "GOOD" players on this team.

None of them would ever be first team on say a Mizzou , Texas or Okla .

Its like they say , you can dress up a PIG but it's still a PIG.

:angry: Glad to see we are all behind our players during this tough transition....

Okay...I'm getting a sense here that ISU is being overlooked here...as a "should win" game. I'm also getting a feeling that Kansas has been diminished because of their close win over ISU. I think you better reevaluate your expectations because, much as you might hate to admit it, Kansas is essentially the same team that walloped NU last year...but Iowa State is a vastly improved team and very capable of putting a big hurtin on the Huskers when they come to Ames.

This "beatable" ISU team has scored 78 points in the last 6 quarters of football they've played. This is a team that is third in the nation in takeaways. They are way up in the rankings nationally in pass defense (25th I think...but I can't check at the moment) and improving against the run. ISU has pretty much beaten themselves in all three loses but that's expected when you're starting 80% underclassmen and a sophmore quarterback. ISU is a team that just needs one little push to move up to respectability. If they take their show on the road to Baylor this weekend and pull out a win on the road (something they have been unable to do since the advent of electricity.... <_< ) things are going to be mighty tough in Ames for you.

Baylor, KSU still look like winnable games

CU and ISU games are tossups (though I'm giving ISU the edge because I'm such a homer)

OK, TT and KU are looking like loses.

All this is based, of course, only on the product I have seen on the field thus far.

Okay...I'm getting a sense here that ISU is being overlooked here...as a "should win" game. I'm also getting a feeling that Kansas has been diminished because of their close win over ISU. I think you better reevaluate your expectations because, much as you might hate to admit it, Kansas is essentially the same team that walloped NU last year...but Iowa State is a vastly improved team and very capable of putting a big hurtin on the Huskers when they come to Ames.

This "beatable" ISU team has scored 78 points in the last 6 quarters of football they've played. This is a team that is third in the nation in takeaways. They are way up in the rankings nationally in pass defense (25th I think...but I can't check at the moment) and improving against the run. ISU has pretty much beaten themselves in all three loses but that's expected when you're starting 80% underclassmen and a sophmore quarterback. ISU is a team that just needs one little push to move up to respectability. If they take their show on the road to Baylor this weekend and pull out a win on the road (something they have been unable to do since the advent of electricity.... <_< ) things are going to be mighty tough in Ames for you.

Baylor, KSU still look like winnable games

CU and ISU games are tossups (though I'm giving ISU the edge because I'm such a homer)

OK, TT and KU are looking like loses.

All this is based, of course, only on the product I have seen on the field thus far.

Agreed, ISU is young and dangerous, they always get up to play the huskers at home. For a win against the Huskers is a step ahead for this young program. Like i have said before Iowa is the CYCLONE STATE.

wow oldman, wow. Speechless.

Wouldn't getting rid of college players be a pretty classless thing to do? This is college ball, you don't just "fire" people. You teach them, coach them, mentor them. Education and growth, college. Get it?

We were a 7-5 team in august and we still are a 7-5 team. (that could be 6-6 and maybe 8-4).

I'm baffled by the all or nothing analysis that the huskerboard experts provide.

After watching KU- ISU this weekend I thought "hmmmm ISU will be tougher than I thought".....and then I thought "hmmmm we might have a shot at KU"....and then I thought "changing what I think of either team based on 1 game is probably kind of foolish.

ISU has pretty much beaten themselves in all three loses but that's expected when you're starting 80% underclassmen and a sophmore quarterback.

No reason then to think they won't beat themselves again when NU comes to Ames.

I'd love to see the clones win that game, just don't see it happening.

BEAT TT!!

I think we can beat Kansas. They are just as one-dimensional as we are on offense.

I agree and I been sayin this since before the season began, however I also said we could beat VT and that didnt happen so who knows.

But we do have Kansas at home this year and Kansas was our most embarrassing loss last year IMO and I think, (I hope) that our boys would want to redeem themselves and have an axe to grind all night long on Kansas. Plus Kansas was nothin but a fluke last year anyhow, yes they were good and yes they beat the crap out us but they were WAY to overrated last year and its been proven this year after their loss to South Florida and barely beatin Iowa St.

I think we can beat Kansas. They are just as one-dimensional as we are on offense.

I agree and I been sayin this since before the season began, however I also said we could beat VT and that didnt happen so who knows.

But we do have Kansas at home this year and Kansas was our most embarrassing loss last year IMO and I think, (I hope) that our boys would want to redeem themselves and have an axe to grind all night long on Kansas. Plus Kansas was nothin but a fluke last year anyhow, yes they were good and yes they beat the crap out us but they were WAY to overrated last year and its been proven this year after their loss to South Florida and barely beatin Iowa St.

Its like having a heart to heart talk with your kids as they go from high school to adult hood.

I told them if I knew they were screwing up in life I would sit them down and talk to them about it.

No babysitting talk just plain honest no holds barred down in the dirt you are F-ING up.

I'm a realist and I step back and see the situation in my opinion what it is.

You can all be RAH RAH types but is that the truth?

I don't think any of the team actually reads this so I'm not concerned if I hurt their feelings or heaven forbid their self esteem.

Most of this board reminds me of those soccer moms who give out trophies to their last place team.

The players know they suck but the mom's feel sorry for them and want to boost them so they arn't scarred their whole life. When my son was on one of those teams that finished last I questioned the mother doing this insane crap. Her eyes blinked and she couldn't believe the nerve I had. She then got in her range rover and no doubt dropped her kids off at the sitter and went tanning.

After this TT blow out you'll see this team tank and go thru the motions.

Like a boxer whose lost one too many times and just wants to collect a paycheck.

Its like having a heart to heart talk with your kids as they go from high school to adult hood.

I told them if I knew they were screwing up in life I would sit them down and talk to them about it.

No babysitting talk just plain honest no holds barred down in the dirt you are F-ING up.

I'm a realist and I step back and see the situation in my opinion what it is.

You can all be RAH RAH types but is that the truth?

I don't think any of the team actually reads this so I'm not concerned if I hurt their feelings or heaven forbid their self esteem.

Most of this board reminds me of those soccer moms who give out trophies to their last place team.

The players know they suck but the mom's feel sorry for them and want to boost them so they arn't scarred their whole life. When my son was on one of those teams that finished last I questioned the mother doing this insane crap. Her eyes blinked and she couldn't believe the nerve I had. She then got in her range rover and no doubt dropped her kids off at the sitter and went tanning.

After this TT blow out you'll see this team tank and go thru the motions.

Like a boxer whose lost one too many times and just wants to collect a paycheck.

Did you follow her? How'd you know she went tanning?stalkstrong.gif