new hated rival

mizzou, i dont think i dislike any team more than the tigers. your thoughts?

MU top drawer rival is KU. All sport all time. That never change"s.

This can be not of my busness dince I"m not top GBR fan but I don"t like to say hating on a nother team. Huckerfantim you didn"t say hate but lot"s of other do. I don"t understand some of that, sorry.I say I don"t like some team"s, but hate can be not healty. Some time when a person say hate can be real close as a nother feelling which is oposite.

Plus also I don"t rember to many fan"s hating on a team they all way"s can beat. Who ever said they hate KSU in 60, 70, 80? All chang when they start to win. to me, Hate can mean i want what they have.

Could be some one might start not likeing Baylor and we can know why.

And no one ask, but I don"t hate KU or fan"s. I like talk to them and some time"s argue which cna be find.

I love when TAH win but don"t hate the other team when we lose. For me that would have been to much hating in my life.

:moreinteresting

I can tell most are mad at TAH at this time for more one reason or a nother. I"ve been reading alot. Time for me to go.

Good luck rest of year.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

mizzou, i dont think i dislike any team more than the tigers. your thoughts?

MU top drawer rival is KU. All sport all time. That never change"s.

This can be not of my busness dince I"m not top GBR fan but I don"t like to say hating on a nother team. Huckerfantim you didn"t say hate but lot"s of other do. I don"t understand some of that, sorry.I say I don"t like some team"s, but hate can be not healty. Some time when a person say hate can be real close as a nother feelling which is oposite.

Plus also I don"t rember to many fan"s hating on a team they all way"s can beat. Who ever said they hate KSU in 60, 70, 80? All chang when they start to win. to me, Hate can mean i want what they have.

Could be some one might start not likeing Baylor and we can know why.

And no one ask, but I don"t hate KU or fan"s. I like talk to them and some time"s argue which cna be find.

I love when TAH win but don"t hate the other team when we lose. For me that would have been to much hating in my life.

:moreinteresting

I can tell most are mad at TAH at this time for more one reason or a nother. I"ve been reading alot. Time for me to go.

Good luck rest of year.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU.

It's not you Tuff Tiger, it's the gloating fans who are not like you. You DO have respect for Nebraska even though they are down, others do not and think this recent success allows them to throw out all the years that Nebraska has dominated them like it didn't even happen. They refuse to respect what happened previously, while Nebraska fans would be more than happy to respect Mizzou at the level they are right now, God knows I do, but the disrespect from Daniel and the fans is just off-putting.

You guys are acting like this past game was an isolated event. We've been improving under Pinkel for many years, and we're not going anywhere.

Your team on the other hand seems to be going backward, sliding into Baylor territory. It's time you guys take a long look at your program and prepare for a few years of mediocrity. You're just not a good team anymore. It sucks, but accept it. Southeast Missouri gave us a better game than Nebraska did.

Just be thankful Pinkel has class and didn't hang 70+ on you like all of us wanted him to do.

Weren't you the guy calling for Pinkel's head after he completely wasted all 4 years of Brad Smith's tenure? Wait, maybe that was someone else... and by "someone else" I actually mean "every fan of Missouri football fan who isn't dead."

Regardless, to say that Missouri has been steadily improving under Pinkel "for many years" is a gross misrepresentation of the situation. Before Chase Daniel arrived the Missouri program was in the exact same place that it was at the beginning of Pinkel's stay in Columbia.

Now that said, your second declaration ("we're not going anywhere") may prove to be true, though it's certainly no sure thing at this time. We'll have to wait and see how the recruits that Pinkel's been bringing in recently pan out... only time will tell.

That is not really true. The issue for most with Pinkel was the 2004 season only. And by most, you mean a few wackos at Tiger Board. Most Mu fans were upset with 04, but few were calling for heads. Now if 05 would have been a disaster also, you would be right on. It wasn't so there you go.

To say before Chase the program was in the same place as when Pinkel took over is laughable. I don't pretend to know everything about your team, please do act like you are some Tiger guru, especially since you have probably only paid attention to them for 2-3 years max. MU SUCKED before Pinkel. Minus the two decent seasons under Larry Smith in 97-98, Mu had not had a winning season since 83. Pinkel has taken the Tigers to 4 bowl games in 7 years, which might not sound like much to you, but that is twice as many bowls as they had in the previous 18 years before he got there. (2 under Smith, 2 under Chase)

Yes Chase Daniel has put this program on a higher ground then it was, but PLEASE don't act like this is some one man show. There are only a handful of NU players that could start for MU right now. This is not a one man team, as you clearly have seen.

Will there be a drop off next year, yeah there will be. But that is because 15 starters will graduate. Possible 2 more leaving early (Maclin & Weatherspoon). This team will plug in the young players and we will all watch with anticipation. The next two years will do alot in determining what happens to MU. I am hoping for the best, but you never know. let me just leave you with this. I have heard the "just wait till so-and-so leaves" before. You were probably saying the same thing in 05 when Brad Smith was a senior. But Mizzou will always be Mizzou right?

You guys are acting like this past game was an isolated event. We've been improving under Pinkel for many years, and we're not going anywhere.

Your team on the other hand seems to be going backward, sliding into Baylor territory. It's time you guys take a long look at your program and prepare for a few years of mediocrity. You're just not a good team anymore. It sucks, but accept it. Southeast Missouri gave us a better game than Nebraska did.

Just be thankful Pinkel has class and didn't hang 70+ on you like all of us wanted him to do.

Weren't you the guy calling for Pinkel's head after he completely wasted all 4 years of Brad Smith's tenure? Wait, maybe that was someone else... and by "someone else" I actually mean "every fan of Missouri football fan who isn't dead."

Regardless, to say that Missouri has been steadily improving under Pinkel "for many years" is a gross misrepresentation of the situation. Before Chase Daniel arrived the Missouri program was in the exact same place that it was at the beginning of Pinkel's stay in Columbia.

Now that said, your second declaration ("we're not going anywhere") may prove to be true, though it's certainly no sure thing at this time. We'll have to wait and see how the recruits that Pinkel's been bringing in recently pan out... only time will tell.

That is not really true. The issue for most with Pinkel was the 2004 season only. And by most, you mean a few wackos at Tiger Board. Most Mu fans were upset with 04, but few were calling for heads. Now if 05 would have been a disaster also, you would be right on. It wasn't so there you go.

To say before Chase the program was in the same place as when Pinkel took over is laughable. I don't pretend to know everything about your team, please do act like you are some Tiger guru, especially since you have probably only paid attention to them for 2-3 years max. MU SUCKED before Pinkel. Minus the two decent seasons under Larry Smith in 97-98, Mu had not had a winning season since 83. Pinkel has taken the Tigers to 4 bowl games in 7 years, which might not sound like much to you, but that is twice as many bowls as they had in the previous 18 years before he got there. (2 under Smith, 2 under Chase)

Yes Chase Daniel has put this program on a higher ground then it was, but PLEASE don't act like this is some one man show. There are only a handful of NU players that could start for MU right now. This is not a one man team, as you clearly have seen.

Will there be a drop off next year, yeah there will be. But that is because 15 starters will graduate. Possible 2 more leaving early (Maclin & Weatherspoon). This team will plug in the young players and we will all watch with anticipation. The next two years will do alot in determining what happens to MU. I am hoping for the best, but you never know. let me just leave you with this. I have heard the "just wait till so-and-so leaves" before. You were probably saying the same thing in 05 when Brad Smith was a senior. But Mizzou will always be Mizzou right?

Additionally, was it over for NU when Tommie Frazier graduated? NO it was not, NU recruited well and won another championship in 97'. We will lose some with Chase Daniel graduating, but, I am pretty darn confident that Pinkel and staff have recruited well. After all we did lose Rucker and Franklin from last years team plus two starting linemen and our starting running back. I think we have replaced them pretty well.

Give Bo time. He has to gradually get HIS players in at NU and then he will start to take off. This is a slow 3+ year process.

Mizzou is like the ugly girl at the dance.

Most of the time she doesn't do anything at all, but everyonce in a while, somebody dances with her...

Like my grandpa used to say, the sun shine's on a dog's ass everyonce in a while...

What is funniest about this is at this point Nebraska would love to be the "Dog's Ass".. :clap

Mizzou is like the ugly girl at the dance.

Most of the time she doesn't do anything at all, but everyonce in a while, somebody dances with her...

Like my grandpa used to say, the sun shine's on a dog's ass everyonce in a while...

What is funniest about this is at this point Nebraska would love to be the "Dog's Ass".. :clap

30+ seasons of 9 wins...

More than just a dog's ass:)

You're suffering from what I'd mentioned before...

Things like this crack me up. This is what i'm going to refer to as the "Jayhawk Syndrome".

The symptoms are, after one year of tremendous success, vision becomes blurred, judgement impared, and a sense of distorted reality.

Don't worry, folks.

Missouri fans - as a whole - will (and will always) be a bunch of hacks.

Let this season pass, and they'll be back to being middle o' thee pack in the Big 12 North.

Yep, I said it.

Enjoy your new-found, and short-lived success, MIZZOU.

P.S. Don't p*ss down your leg when you face OU....AGAIN.... :dumdum

Don't worry, folks.

Missouri fans - as a whole - will (and will always) be a bunch of hacks.

Let this season pass, and they'll be back to being middle o' thee pack in the Big 12 North.

Yep, I said it.

Enjoy your new-found, and short-lived success, MIZZOU.

P.S. Don't p*ss down your leg when you face OU....AGAIN.... :dumdum

try to keep it within 50 when you play them :clap

And is it pissing down your leg when they are just better? Did NU piss their leg in 01 against Miami? Or did they just have their a** handed to them? They might have pissed in 01 against Colorado, but maybe the buffs were really the better team. Has NU pissed their leg in going 0-10 verses top 10 teams since then, or is it just they played and lost to better teams? All I do want to know is, who will be winning the north next year? Kansas? Colorado? Mizzou?Cause at the rate NU is going, it sure as hell aint gonna be you.

I dont think its a fair statement to say that Oklahoma is our only rival.

What it sounds like your saying is that a rival needs to be a close competition game with a pretty even win loss.

Well i dont think half of the rivals in college ball have that. You dont need a even win/loss in order to despise another team. People state that mizzu isnt a rival because they blow. Ok but that doesnt mean that you dont relish in beating them every year. And we as 2 teams do play for a trophy so one might assume thats a rivalry in itself. And no one wants to admit that colorado is our rival but cummon what team does most of husker nation enjoy beating every year. And colorado would say the same. Theres no instate rivalry for nebraska to have so there all border states. Oklahoma is a good rivalry but its been one out of respect for the most part. But we dont play them that often so we can only look forward to this every few years. Our only consistant ones are mizzu for the bell and colorado for braggin rights. Ive heard more disguest spat in the direction of colorado and missouri then ive heard of oklahoma.

mizzou is a pile of SH@T!!!!! the tigers have no class

Of course referring to anything as mounding excrement is the litmus test for "class".

I think it is unfair to lump an entire fan base into one category. I think you'll find jerks where ever you go. I find it interesting that MU fans are being called classless, then you see postings like this, which seems a little reactionary and lacking in the aforementioned class.

I have visited Lincoln for MU games and found the fans very nice and welcoming. Of course that's when the Tigers were awful. Seeing this thread makes me very disappointed in 'Husker fans.

I thought they were better than this. Certainly doesn't resemble the down-home hospitality I've experienced as a visiting MU fan.

fro daddy face it mizzou is a pile of SH@T!!!!! the tigers have no class and your going to blow again once that bodagit leaves.

Wow...there is a well-reasoned, cultured post.

These things always go in cycles. Right now, Missouri is a better team than Nebraska. Later on, Nebraska will be a better team than Missouri. Do I hate Missouri? Nah, I reserve that for Notre Dame and Texas.

Pinkel could have hung 70 on us last week, but substituted liberally. Ozzy could have scored 70 or 80 on Missouri several times, but substituted liberally.

Good luck the rest of the year, Missouri. We'll play you again next year. And the year after that. And the year after that.