This really... REALLY pissed me off...

The problem with this up and coming generation is that they are told nothing is their fault, and that it isn't necessary to win, and it is okay to lose.

I hate to say this, but we have a generation of sissies, that are afraid to give everything they have and endure the pain of it. This offensive line couldn't push a girl scout troop back two yards off the line, that is why there is no holes opening up. They admit they know their assignments, they just aren't getting it done. They are getting beat...and bad.

My opinion only, but it just sounds like natural frustration with a player learning a new program. I have a feeling that this might be felt on both sides of the ball. Who knows, a couple games, or later in the season, or quite possibly next year these players get those "complicated" schemes and will then be heard saying "it was a good game plan".

hahah. if you don't want to believe it, i don't care. nothing off my back. although i'll guarantee i heard it and the ONLY adam on the roster is watson.... now why i'd make this up, i have no idea.. you act like its gaining me something... then again, two people (i don't even remember who), pm'd me and told me i was lying last year when talking about how purify and nicks were also out there bowling at sun valley. really, it doesn't bother me. but yes its the same thing pelini is saying that its the coaches fault, BUT the kids have to own up to it. i've had coaches say before yea that actually was my fault, i shouldn't have sent the runner here, should have called this pitch, etc. but on the other side, if the kid would have gotten a better read and jump, or something to that effect, it very well may have turned out different.... it's not like we lost because of a boneheaded coaching decision....

edit

and at the beginning of this comment i should of added, i had no idea who watson's kid looked like or anything to be completely honest.... but (if you've been to sun valley in the past 2 years you know we take people's names down) his name was adam, and plays football, and some kid was talking to him... and the picture on huskers.com matches up pretty well. so if you don't want to believe me, don't, it doesnt hurt me. i couldn't really care. This was just how i felt after i heard this comment, out of an athletes mouth, and i came here to talk about it. that's my right, just as its anyone else's to discuss whatever it is they want to talk about on here.... no reason to be complaining how it didn't happen and you won't believe it like i'm trying to say that TO and BO will be fired tomorrow *rolls eyes*

The problem with this up and coming generation is that they are told nothing is their fault, and that it isn't necessary to win, and it is okay to lose.

I hate to say this, but we have a generation of sissies, that are afraid to give everything they have and endure the pain of it. This offensive line couldn't push a girl scout troop back two yards off the line, that is why there is no holes opening up. They admit they know their assignments, they just aren't getting it done. They are getting beat...and bad.

off topic.

but you realize "this generation" started in the late 70's correct? this iGeneration or Generation Me however you would like to put it? sure, it's getting taken to another level, but thats with THAT generations kids... i don't think many of those people have college athletes in their household yet..... so therefore it's been going on for quite awhile and thats not whats all to blame

off topic.

but you realize "this generation" started in the late 70's correct? this iGeneration or Generation Me however you would like to put it? sure, it's getting taken to another level, but thats with THAT generations kids... i don't think many of those people have college athletes in their household yet..... so therefore it's been going on for quite awhile and thats not whats all to blame

:bang How is this off topic, we are discussing what the problem is with this team. They go to the press and tell the press that they all know their assignments, and they are not getting the job done. That much is really obvious. I am tired of the blame being passed around like it was a doobie. It impresses nobody.

Who stated that "this generation" started in the 70's? Last I heard a generation was about 20 years, which would have been in the mid 80's if my "old math" serves me right. We raised a bunch of spoiled brats that were handed everything they got without working for it...and it is becoming apparent with this team, nobody is doing their job. Name one player last Saturday that stood out. The whole team should have just taken the day off. Missouri could have racked up 70 on them if they wouldn't have backed off in the 4th Quarter. I am tired of excuses from everyone, or people that take the blame thinking it will impress someone. Impress me by getting the job done...

Bo did take responsibility for the loss, which I commend him for so now lets see if he and the coaching staff correct the mistakes that they admit to making. What's really starting to worry me are the defensive schemes. Bo and company had two weeks to prepare for the VT game and the result was VT having their best offensive game of the season. Mizzou's offense should be no surprise to Bo, but we couldn't even make em break a sweat. We'll see what happens with TT, but I honestly haven't seen anything scheme wise that would leave me to believe that we can slow them down. I know we don't have the most experience in the secondary, but they should be athletic enough to at least put up a fight if given a good game plan. So what is it? I'm not banging on Bo because I know these things take time, but I do think we should be more competitive than we are.

Do any of you actually follow football.

This coach is the defending National Champion DC for LSU.

He ran the defense in the most competitive conference in the country. He had All Americans playing for him there, talent galore. He did the job.

Do you really believe this is a coaching problem. This has nothing to do with them not coaching, it is not taking or is not possible. This is talent, the lack of it period.

We didn't have it last year and we lost some of what little we had. This is a team down athletically and experience wise from last year.

Think about what you are writing.

Do any of you actually follow football.

This coach is the defending National Champion DC for LSU.

He ran the defense in the most competitive conference in the country. He had All Americans playing for him there, talent galore. He did the job.

Do you really believe this is a coaching problem. This has nothing to do with them not coaching, it is not taking or is not possible. This is talent, the lack of it period.

We didn't have it last year and we lost some of what little we had. This is a team down athletically and experience wise from last year.

Think about what you are writing.

we have the talent, it just never got coached up under other coaches....

That is a load of crap.

Just watch the game. We have no division one speed. Our lines are not strong enough, quick enough. Our DB's are beaten by slow WR's and killed by talented ones.

The past staff was dealing with the lack of talent on the field. Take off the Husker Glasses and watch the games. We are not athletic enough to compete with true top 20 division one teams.

Blaming the past coaches is the easy way out. Realizing what we truly have and accepting that will get this nightmare over quicker. It migh even get the coaches time to fix it. But it is really beginning to look like we will have Pelini's head on a stick before the year is over.

Frippen unbelieveable

That is a load of crap.

Just watch the game. We have no division one speed. Our lines are not strong enough, quick enough. Our DB's are beaten by slow WR's and killed by talented ones.

The past staff was dealing with the lack of talent on the field. Take off the Husker Glasses and watch the games. We are not athletic enough to compete with true top 20 division one teams.

Blaming the past coaches is the easy way out. Realizing what we truly have and accepting that will get this nightmare over quicker. It migh even get the coaches time to fix it. But it is really beginning to look like we will have Pelini's head on a stick before the year is over.

Frippen unbelieveable

oh i did watch the game, your telling me that if octavian had gone to any other school that he wouldn't be an All american? we have the talent, it never got coached right, if you don't like it, bugger off.