When we beat Texas Tech....

With all the negativity flying around about how bad we are I've been getting immensely depressed. We didn't beat VaTech, which was a huge loss, and then we got POUNDED against Missouri...not looking good. Suddenly we go from a 9-3 team to a 5-7 (according to some people).

The fact is though, we've only lost two games so far this year. What if we beat Texas Tech. What if Bo's defense suddenly "clicks"? What if our offense gets their rhythm back? WHAT IF WE WIN?

Suddenly, we'll have the confidence to spank Iowa State and Baylor (we should already). Colorado doesn't look impossible to beat, and Kansas at home is a possible win. Even Oklahoma will be viewed with new light. So for those of you who want to drink the koolaid....we could be 10-2. With an OU loss 9-3 still.

Just some food for thought. While it may seem we've aready lost 5 or 7 games...those are still in the future. We havn't lost then yet!! So cheer loud, and:

GO BIG RED

This team very easily could go 8-4 still, however, there needs to be a 180 turn-around. Most figured this team would be 4-2/3-3 after this stretch and we are right there. Nebraska may lose this game, which will suck, but the real important game to measure the rest of the season, is the ISU game. Lose that game, this could take a downhill slide.

This team very easily could go 8-4 still, however, there needs to be a 180 turn-around. Most figured this team would be 4-2/3-3 after this stretch and we are right there. Nebraska may lose this game, which will suck, but the real important game to measure the rest of the season, is the ISU game. Lose that game, this could take a downhill slide.

8-4 is possible, but very unlikely.

But you are right. If Nebraska loses against Iowa State, well...Nebraska's season is in SERIOUS trouble.

Suddenly, we'll have the confidence to spank Iowa State and Baylor (we should already). Colorado doesn't look impossible to beat, and Kansas at home is a possible win.

Wow...reading that sentence on it's own really puts it in perspective where we are on a national level now. "Needing Confidence" to spank ISU and Baylor? Colorado isn't "Impossible"? KSU is a "Possible win at home"? Yikes. If we become bowl eligible with our 3 wins against 3 90 and below non-conference teams and scrounge together 3 wins out of this bunch...it isn't saying much.

Sorry, but I think thre is probably a fairly even number of people who are sick of having a shroud of phony confidence thrown over everything as there are people who are sick of hearing criticism and disappointment in the team. One group is tired of the "There's still hope" perspective and the other is tired of the "Wake up this is a below average team" perspective.

Sorry, but I think thre is probably a fairly even number of people who are sick of having a shroud of phony confidence thrown over everything as there are people who are sick of hearing criticism and disappointment in the team. One group is tired of the "There's still hope" perspective and the other is tired of the "Wake up this is a below average team" perspective.

Yeah, you're totally right. And I've shown (on other threads) my beliefs about this team (....I don't want to say it on such a happy thread...haha) BUT...it makes me feel better to know there is hope, and like I said, while its a long long....ok very very long shot, those losses still have NOT yet happened. if we win even 1 game we aren't supposed to we'll have a decent record. Not good enough, but decent.

That's what I'm so disappointed and frustrated about the most. Not just this year, but over the past several years. When was the last time that we beat someone we weren't supposed to??? Worse off, how many have we lost to teams that we were supposed to 'easily handle'? I can hope, wish, pray and support all I want (and I've tried) but I'm at the point now that even just 1 surprising win won't do it for me...it'll feel like a fluke. Show me something remotely consistent on the field offensively and defensively and then I'll get the :angry: off of my face.