If you were coach for a day?

holvy83

Let's try to flip it once. You are the head coach of Nebraska, you play TT on their turf after 2 painful losses. What do you say to the guys before you take them on to the field? Kind of interested to see some responses from my beloved Husker Nation. GBR! :woo

LOL!!! Some great responses above.\

Being serious for a moment (who, me?), I think I would tell them the following:

"Forget about records. Forget about the media. Forget about predictions. They don't matter - they never have, they never will.

Instead, focus on what's important - and that's the next play. I want you to be able to look each other dead in the eye after the game, and be able to say, 'On each play, I focused on my assignment and I performed to the best of my ability.' That's all that matters - that's all that's important."

Let's try to flip it once. You are the head coach of Nebraska, you play TT on their turf after 2 painful losses. What do you say to the guys before you take them on to the field? Kind of interested to see some responses from my beloved Husker Nation. GBR! :woo

LOL!!! Some great responses above.\

Being serious for a moment (who, me?), I think I would tell them the following:

"Forget about records. Forget about the media. Forget about predictions. They don't matter - they never have, they never will.

Instead, focus on what's important - and that's the next play. I want you to be able to look each other dead in the eye after the game, and be able to say, 'On each play, I focused on my assignment and I performed to the best of my ability.' That's all that matters - that's all that's important."

chuckleshuffle Great responses to all! I was hoping for something like this out of the thread!

I would say something like this " We our going against all the odds, i for one im sick of the way people look at us, they dont respect us they dont give us a chance. We are a proud team with tradition. we wont win as players we will win as a team. for four quarters you have to put your heart on the line. stay focused, the team who wants it more will come out with a win. for god sakes we are nebraska. no one can take that away from us".

Really wish I could find a video clip of this:

Now, let's analyze what's been working for us............NOT A GOD DAMN THING'S been working for us. Like this goddamn suit doesn't work for me... and this stinking tie... and this goddamned shirt. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED FOOTBALL? YOU PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE ED GENERRO PLAYED FOOTBALL. A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140-pound halfback, and HE PLAYED LIKE A GODDAMN WILDMAN! NO! LIKE A GODDAMN RAMPAGING BEAST! And that's the way you got to do it! YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR f'ing HEADS OFF, AND YOU sh#t DOWN THEIR NECKS!............Let us pray.

Really wish I could find a video clip of this:

Now, let's analyze what's been working for us............NOT A GOD DAMN THING'S been working for us. Like this goddamn suit doesn't work for me... and this stinking tie... and this goddamned shirt. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED FOOTBALL? YOU PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE ED GENERRO PLAYED FOOTBALL. A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140-pound halfback, and HE PLAYED LIKE A GODDAMN WILDMAN! NO! LIKE A GODDAMN RAMPAGING BEAST! And that's the way you got to do it! YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR f'ing HEADS OFF, AND YOU sh#t DOWN THEIR NECKS!............Let us pray.

:clap:clap:clap "Unnecessary Roughness!"

I'll take a stab at this..........................

Okay guys..................let's forget about last weeks game and lets focus on the task in front of us. No one is giving us a chance in this game. No one thinks we can hang with these guys. The last time we were here in Lubbock these guys scored 70 points on us and continued to score over and over again. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to let people talk all this $hit!? We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. You play for that uniform you wear and that N on your helmet. You know why Nebraska is special? It's because we play for the entire state! That's what it means to have that N on your helmet..................you know how special it is in Texas.........................there are 487 other teams in these state that mean absolutely $hit to a majority of the population of this state. You have people from the eastside to the westside of Nebraska and the north and the south that watch your every move and center their very being around what you do. You have people from California to New York and Minnesota and Florida that watch your every step as well. Once a Nebraskan always a Nebraskan.........................so I'm asking you if you have what it takes to play for those people? Do you have what it takes to wear that uniform and play for those who have played before you and those that will play after you. Do you have what it takes to push these guys around in their house for the next 60 minutes!!!!! If you do.... strap the helmet on boys and bring me the souls of the Texas Tech Red Raiders and bring the pride back to not only this team, but the people of Nebraska from all over the Country!!!! Bring the pain boys and play with the pride and know that you play for Nebraska!!!!!

This one may be fitting to:

"What's wrong with y'all? Y'all are playin' like some little girls! Y'all act like you never played football before! These guys are nothin'! They bleed just like we do, and sweat just like we do. They went through two-a-days. We went through two-a-days in 110 degree heat. I want you to hit everything that move! If the ref gets in your way, you hit him! They're cheatin' us too! They're against us too. This is our team. This is us! Let's go right now! Let's get it off now and let's go!"

"What's wrong with y'all? Y'all are playin' like some little girls! Y'all act like you never played football before! These guys are nothin'! They bleed just like we do, and sweat just like we do. They went through two-a-days. We went through two-a-days in 110 degree heat. I want you to hit everything that move! If the ref gets in your way, you hit him! They're cheatin' us too! They're against us too. This is our team. This is us! Let's go right now! Let's get it off now and let's go!"

rWmauW6PAkU

Kids today don't respond to what most are saying on this thread (I've got three between 17 and 22). Although you've got me fired up and ready to play! I would say the following:

Guys, go out and have fun. #$%@ it, just kick some a#* and have fun doing it...and don't tell you mother I curse. Can someone get me a beer?

<_< More fitting as a halftime talk last week...

:box "Gentlemen, this program is going to be back at the top. I don't know when, but everyday I wake up wondering if today is the day. Your effort has been great, we need to continue to play with passion every play. When we restore the order we will roll through the big 12 north and south like I know we can. Day by day we get better and better, till we can't be beat, we won't be beat, Fellas don't read the forums, don't watch the news, just know your assignment. Passion and heart will get us there. Starters, if we are down by 4 scores I'm putting in the young bucks. Fischer be ready because you're a f-ing stud. Compton and Meredith get ready to hit someone. Dennard get ready to pick off a pass and take it to the house. The future is now. Play with passion!!!! The fans are ready to cheer your successes