If you were coach for a day?

holvy83

Let's try to flip it once. You are the head coach of Nebraska, you play TT on their turf after 2 painful losses. What do you say to the guys before you take them on to the field? Kind of interested to see some responses from my beloved Husker Nation. GBR! :woo

"Player your hearts out and leave it all on the field." That is about all you should ever ask for.

dsn_after_tps_01.png

Guys...how's it going? Yeah....um, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and go out there and actually play this week...Mmm-Kay? And, um....if you could not...you know...do what you did last weak that would be great. Mmm-Kay? Oh...and while you're at it, if you wouldn't mind going out there and winning...that'd really help us all out. Great....sounds like a plan.

The first thing that needs to be stressed is that all of you young men are a team, you're like a family. The ones standing beside you will be there for you through thick and thin. Take each play as if it's your last. Work for each and every yard. We need to concentrate on each and every yard. Once we get enough of those yards, we get a first down. Once we get first downs, we concentrate on getting more first downs. Once we get enough first downs, we will score. Defense, take care of your assignments. Protect your territory. It is your space, and don't let anyone violate your space. Leave it all on the field, and everything else will take care of itself.

dsn_after_tps_01.png

Guys...how's it going? Yeah....um, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and go out there and actually play this week...Mmm-Kay? And, um....if you could not...you know...do what you did last weak that would be great. Mmm-Kay? Oh...and while you're at it, if you wouldn't mind going out there and winning...that'd really help us all out. Great....sounds like a plan.

you took my stapler :rollin

Actually what else can you say? I'd say you get in their face and throw it down as "You against the world". Nobody expects you to win, You know what people are saying and thinking, What else is there to do but to go out there and prove everyone wrong!?!?!

True story. The really is NO way to make other people tell people to shut up about nebraska except go out there and actually win some games. That is the only way.

Let's try to flip it once. You are the head coach of Nebraska, you play TT on their turf after 2 painful losses. What do you say to the guys before you take them on to the field? Kind of interested to see some responses from my beloved Husker Nation. GBR! :woo

Great question.

The components of what I would say would include: a) play with character, no cheap shots, no trash talking, no dirty play; B) play with intensity that is overwhelming --- like a cornered animal fight with rabid energy and never give up; c) play with intensity and fire --- but play under control --- focused intensity rather than reckless abandon; d) play without regard to the score, e) if you or a team-mate get burned, get up (or pick them up) and focus on the next play, f) treat this like a war --- you are in the trenches and no one is there for you except your teammates -- so be there for them. Finally, respect is earned from fighting to the death with character and honor --- so fight to the death --- and if you win do so with humility, if you come up short, then lose with dignity knowing that there was nothing left to give that you did not give. But do not leave that field without giving all that you have.

dsn_after_tps_01.png

Coach Luhmburg. Maybe we could get the Bobs to help.. :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

The first thing that needs to be stressed is that all of you young men are a team, you're like a family. The ones standing beside you will be there for you through thick and thin. Take each play as if it's your last. Work for each and every yard. We need to concentrate on each and every yard. Once we get enough of those yards, we get a first down. Once we get first downs, we concentrate on getting more first downs. Once we get enough first downs, we will score. Defense, take care of your assignments. Protect your territory. It is your space, and don't let anyone violate your space. Leave it all on the field, and everything else will take care of itself.

Then have the guys watch "What about Bob?" instead of film! :)

bill_murray_what_about_bob_i_feel_good.jpg

Baby steps to Lubbock.. Baby steps to first down...

No hard feelings Junior.. Just having some fun.. :cheers

1_565.jpg

First off...forget about the chicks. Women weaken the legs! This team just don't want to win you know. They want to bury you, they want to humiliate you, they want to prove to the whole world that you was nothing but some kind of a... a freak the first time out. You're gonna go out there and from the opening bell you're gonna eat lightning and crap thunder! (Locker door opens)

Get out of here! Don't ya ever interrupt me while I'm conductin' business. Move your little chicken asses out.

Now...where was I? Oh yeah, when you're out there fightin. Keep hittin 'em in the ribs ya see? Don't let those bastards breathe!

fight-club-convo.jpg

Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. This is your life...and it's ending one minute at a time. F-off with your sofa units and green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. Only after disaster can we be resurrected. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero. Now go fight.