Final Plays of OT

Looks like he went away from the game plan, but a lot of us wanted to see more vertical passes. The first play almost worked but Ganz overthrew the receiver and that might be why no PI flag was thrown. Not sure what happened on the 2nd play.

4x4 = 16

NU was in 4 down situation

I just had a problem with the offense on the final series.

I thought they were trying too hard to score a touchdown. They didn't stick to the running game and we're trying to get too fancy throwing the ball, which led to the INT...

That's all I got....

I agree, we went away from our gameplan that worked all game. Took a shot at the end zone, which we never did all game, and missed.

I would have liked to see us try to pound the ball a little bit in OT. No need to hurry, we got the hurrying out of the way by scoring at the end of the game. I think the momentum was on their side and a long time consuming drive would have tired out their D further and taken the crowd out of the game.

It is what it is, another L.

I just had a problem with the offense on the final series.

I thought they were trying too hard to score a touchdown. They didn't stick to the running game and we're trying to get too fancy throwing the ball, which led to the INT...

That's all I got....

I thought so too. I was discussing that with my dad over the phone right after the game.

But looking back now, I don't really have a problem with it. We had a little bit of momentum with the blocked PAT. Our QB was pretty much in the zone, lots of confidence with him and the receivers. The line was protecting pretty well up to that point. I say why not.

Oh well...

As a coach, I really have a hard time second guessing any other coach at any level or sport....but I see some points on both sides. I felt the pass on 1st down to Swift wasnt a bad call, but he was covered well. A run on 1st down would have been a great call, because we had been gashing them for nice runs on 1st down.

Passing 2 consecutive plays in OT was a little bit surprising. I know that we had just moved down the field throwing the ball, but remember that TT was in a prevent defense which makes it very easy to find open spots in zones, and in OT, they were playing tighter. With this in mind, a run might have been a decent call.

In all, I really don't mind the play calling. Pass on 1st down to hopefully cash in on momentum and possible expected run, and then on 2nd and long, you almost have to pass, or boot....play-action would be nice.

I thought the staff did a great job all day. Love the effort by the entire program, but Hate the loss like everyone else.

Had Ganz hit Swift on the first play of OT on that deep crossing route, I think it was, it would have been a TD game over. I liked that shot we took, but it was just off. It seems like the Missouri game pissed us off...and now we're just going to be angry for next week. I won't mind taking it out on ISU. We should beat them up there by a couple scores.

I am on the fence about the whole going for 2. I can see both arguements. Yes, going for 2 would have shown guts, confidence, and yes we did have momentum. But our success inside the 5 hadn't been great, and we dont have a great track record on 2 point conversions. Remember, we couldn't convert a 4th and 1 earlier. I think if we try and fail, many would question the decision.

Going for the kick was safe. Bo probably felt that we could ride the momentum into OT. Especially sinve the D had forced a 3 and out and a 4th and 4 situation on the 2 previous drives. With their kicker struggling and we have Henry, I think he felt confident in OT. The 1st play of OT on the swing/screen killed us and the momentum. I can understand why many would go for 2 and cant argue that a lot, but I think he made the correct decision.

I am on the fence about the whole going for 2. I can see both arguements. Yes, going for 2 would have shown guts, confidence, and yes we did have momentum. But our success inside the 5 hadn't been great, and we dont have a great track record on 2 point conversions. Remember, we couldn't convert a 4th and 1 earlier. I think if we try and fail, many would question the decision.

Going for the kick was safe. Bo probably felt that we could ride the momentum into OT. Especially sinve the D had forced a 3 and out and a 4th and 4 situation on the 2 previous drives. With their kicker struggling and we have Henry, I think he felt confident in OT. The 1st play of OT on the swing/screen killed us and the momentum. I can understand why many would go for 2 and cant argue that a lot, but I think he made the correct decision.

great points HANC,

I am just saying in a game with a team that is suppose to beat us by 200 points, we have a chance to win the game on one play ...go for it! -

Granted this is the thinking that resulted in TO never calling me about the vacant coaching gig last year.

Once again I dig your points.