Larry Asante

I loved Bo's strategy on D. Take away a couple of breakdowns and we could of taken one of the top teams in the nation in passing yards and they could of had around 200 yards passing. Larry Asante stepped up big in my eyes. He was sprinting to the ball, using good form, and finishing his tackles. He nearly had a potentially game winning int and had one really good pass rush to force a bad throw. I know this kid has taken alot of shots for his poor performances but I think this game showed us his true potential.

I loved Bo's strategy on D. Take away a couple of breakdowns and we could of taken one of the top teams in the nation in passing yards and they could of had around 200 yards passing. Larry Asante stepped up big in my eyes. He was sprinting to the ball, using good form, and finishing his tackles. He nearly had a potentially game winning int and had one really good pass rush to force a bad throw. I know this kid has taken alot of shots for his poor performances but I think this game showed us his true potential.

Asante should be moved to linebacker, it will make us quicker. If Thenarse was healthy it would have happened this week.

Asante is decent at run support.

But he has no clue in pass defense. His fault on the 4th and 5. Chose to double up on the short post route, and let Crabtree go downfield without a look.

He has done this before. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

Bo's got some work to do in terms of recruiting, that's for sure!

I, too, thought Larry Asante stepped up. He was flying to the ball hard and made tackles on FIRST CONTACT. I saw Larry dishing out punsihment all game.

Sure, he had some breakdowns, but from what I've seen so far this year, this game was a HUGE improvement.

He played with alot of fire yesterday. Let's hope he can keep the momentum going.

And can we stop with Asante moving to LB. It's will NOT happen. He can't be relied on to provide run support through four full quarters. And his size would be a huge disadvantage to him. Teams like OU would be chomping at the bit to run it at his 200 lb frame! For hells sake we have recievers bigger than he is! :wacko:

Asante should be moved to linebacker, it will make us quicker. If Thenarse was healthy it would have happened this week.

But he has no clue in pass defense. His fault on the 4th and 5. Chose to double up on the short post route, and let Crabtree go downfield without a look.

I thought that was Murillo

The play I'm thinking of was clearly the Armadillo.

I agree that Asante did a good job even though he had some mistakes yesterday. Man if he just holds on to that ball we win that game..............................so many if's though you can't point to one thing. Good game overall by our team, I was pleased with the effort and level of play given the beating we received the week before.

Gotta agree with you there. He definently played better, but still had a couple bone head plays. But I think there was a big improvement.

The play I'm thinking of was clearly the Armadillo.

From the LJS and the secondary coach, Asante blew the coverage on the 4th and 5...do you really think Bo was dumb enough to put single coverage on Crabtree in that situation?

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2008/10/12...40598613788.txt

With the game tied at 24 and Tech facing a fourth-and-5 from its 36 with barely more than four minutes remaining, the Red Raiders lined up to go for it. Then they actually snapped the ball and ended up with a 47-yard pass from Graham Harrell to Michael Crabtree.

Now, whether the Red Raiders really wanted to go for it or not? That’s tough to say.

“That was tough, because I think they thought our defensive tackle jumped,” Husker defensive coordinator Carl Pelini said. “I think they had a no play called. They thought our D-tackle jumped and the center snapped the ball, but the official didn’t throw the flag. Everyone kind of stopped. It’s just one of those freak things that kind of happens in sports.”

Even Leach said: “Well, we were hoping he was offside. I was thinking he was.”

No matter the intent, the result was monumental. Though Husker cornerback Armando Murillo finally made the tackle on Crabtree, NU secondary coach Marvin Sanders said it wasn’t Murillo’s fault. The senior was supposed to have help from a safety. The help wasn’t there. Tech put the ball in the end zone to go up 31-24 with 2:21 left.

Moving both Asante and Thenarse (or Culbert) to LB would make some sense. We need speed there.