Call me a pessimist!

While I do really like Okie State's offense (Mike Gundy's a man and was drawing up plays on the sideline all night long), we don't have the personnel to even come close to matching the production. Zac Robinson was highly underrated, and is the definition of a dual threat QB. OSU also has a great wide receiver and a great running back.

In my opinion, Nebraska's offense would stall if they tried to start an offense like this right now. I say...just keep with what is working for US right now: short passes, get Lucky in space, and run the ball after many successful short passing plays. Then, ever once in a while, throw in a play action pass and heave it downfield.

Hell...I really liked what I saw. That's what I want my offense to look like, especially with the lack of a defense. Sure the defense didn't seem too bad this game, but that was because they weren't on the field too much. When they were, Texas Tech scored four out of the five times.

Whenever you have the ball for 40 minutes (assuming you punch some drives in for TDs), you set yourself up for a win.

I really think the way we played offense this last week is key to winning the rest of these games. Keep the opposing teams offense off the field and cut their possessions and you have a good chance to win. Our defense seems to play okay with the run as long as teams aren't trying to get the corner on us. I think we could very easily go 4-2 over the next few games, but if we play the way we did Saturday we go 5-1 IMO.

I will be more then happy with 7-5 at this point. In fact and I know this sounds very un-NU like, but giddy. 6-6 may suffice. If somehow Pelini and the team can pull out 3-4 more wins some where on the schedule I will be satisfied.

The offense is going to have to carry this team and Watson has a track record of starting off very slow in the beginning of the season only to really improve as the season goes on. The coaches and the players have to keep it together. The fans will need to do their fair share in the remaining 3 home games left.

I see OU as a definite L. But the remaining 5 games are all toss ups at this point.

It is amazing the attitude most on this board have after getting pushed hard by San Jose St., struggling vs New Mexico St, even though we had played 8 qtrs and they none, and then losing our next three games. I too am proud of the way they played this weekend, but they still found a way to lose. The Huskers play well one game and now we will go 5-1 in the second half? Even the crappiest teams come up with a surprise game once a year - maybe this was ours. All I am saying is last weeks game means nothing unless we back it up in Ames this weekend, and from where I sit we will be lucky to win.

What I want to know is how do we win this weekend? Can anyone tell me what we do well that will take advantage of a weakness ISU has or will we assume victory because we gave Tech a good game and I bet they would smoke ISU by 6 td's? What is the difference between KU and Tech? ISU led KU 20 - 0 at the half only to lose by 2, and now we should chalk up a W days before the game is even played?

In one 4 hour period we went from - we have a long way to go, to - we've arrived! Not bloody likely. Go ahead and start ragging on my post, but don't call me a pessimist, just a realist.

You are correct, but they are progressing. They need to dump this WC offense and run a college offense like OSU, mix in some spread, with option and zone read and the base I-formation playbook of Osborne.

Everybody stop inventing offenses and calling out coaches. You sound like kids inventing mythical beasts. "Dude it would beaweseoms if we coudl takes a tiger and dragon and give it a zebra head with horse dick1!!!1"

They'll run what they run, and it won't be a gimmick. They'll pass the ball, they'll run the ball. They'll be flexible. If watching Missouri over the last couple years should have taught us anything, it's that creating an offense that works only against a slow, inexperienced defense will not make you a NC contender. This spread crap is going to end soon. Some of the principles might carry over for a while, but nobody will be talking about spread offenses in a few years. You have to control the line of scrimmage, not use gimmicky formations to create one on one matchups against scrub defensive backs. How well you block doesn't have sh#t to do with being able to drive a VW Microbus between the guard and tackle. It's about being a mean sonofabitch. It's about playing the way you practice.

The TT game gave us some hope that we might still have a chance at 7-8 wins.

We have a decent team that might become a very good team if the 2ndary can turn a 'corner' and O-line continue to improve.

Young team, new coach, work-in-progress: all apply.

The next two games are very important and by no means gimmes...

While I do really like Okie State's offense (Mike Gundy's a man and was drawing up plays on the sideline all night long), we don't have the personnel to even come close to matching the production. Zac Robinson was highly underrated, and is the definition of a dual threat QB. OSU also has a great wide receiver and a great running back.

In my opinion, Nebraska's offense would stall if they tried to start an offense like this right now. I say...just keep with what is working for US right now: short passes, get Lucky in space, and run the ball after many successful short passing plays. Then, ever once in a while, throw in a play action pass and heave it downfield.

Hell...I really liked what I saw. That's what I want my offense to look like, especially with the lack of a defense. Sure the defense didn't seem too bad this game, but that was because they weren't on the field too much. When they were, Texas Tech scored four out of the five times.

Whenever you have the ball for 40 minutes (assuming you punch some drives in for TDs), you set yourself up for a win.

Are we working to LOSE? They have lost 3 in a row, including 2 at home! If losing is the goal, then it is WORKING FOR US!

Gotta love when people take a pessimistic view and then couch it in "realism" as if they're the only one who sees THE TRUTH. If you have an opinion, express it, but don't act like you're the only "realistic" person here.

Read "take it to the bank" and "2nd half of the season." I may not be the only realist, but there are way more kool-aid drinkers than not. Of course, I too hope we go 4-2 or 5-1.

Everybody stop inventing offenses and calling out coaches. You sound like kids inventing mythical beasts. "Dude it would beaweseoms if we coudl takes a tiger and dragon and give it a zebra head with horse dick1!!!1"

They'll run what they run, and it won't be a gimmick. They'll pass the ball, they'll run the ball. They'll be flexible. If watching Missouri over the last couple years should have taught us anything, it's that creating an offense that works only against a slow, inexperienced defense will not make you a NC contender. This spread crap is going to end soon. Some of the principles might carry over for a while, but nobody will be talking about spread offenses in a few years. You have to control the line of scrimmage, not use gimmicky formations to create one on one matchups against scrub defensive backs. How well you block doesn't have sh#t to do with being able to drive a VW Microbus between the guard and tackle. It's about being a mean sonofabitch. It's about playing the way you practice.

I agree with Captain Obvious. Defenses will figue out the spread with smaller and quicker players and then teams will go back to shoving the ball down people's throats.

Gotta love when people take a pessimistic view and then couch it in "realism" as if they're the only one who sees THE TRUTH. If you have an opinion, express it, but don't act like you're the only "realistic" person here.

Read "take it to the bank" and "2nd half of the season." I may not be the only realist, but there are way more kool-aid drinkers than not. Of course, I too hope we go 4-2 or 5-1.

Some of you actually act like you are insulted when people have hope for their team? If we play the rest of the season like we did Saturday we will go 4-2 or 5-1..................show me actual facts that would lead me to believe if we don't play like we did Saturday we would lose all of these games.

ISU-horrible team

BU-not buying into it besides the QB they aren't that good.

OU-good team, probably a loss.

KU-ranked below TT and we have them at home. Not the same KU ISU showed that.

KSU-another bad team, I've watched them more than once this season and haven't been impressed.

CU-sliding downhill fast, QB is less than steller and their offense can't get going. Too many injuries.