Turnovers I mean Takeaways

Disclaimer: I know it is game 6 of their first year, I UNDERSTAND that but come on. How many times did Mizzou and Tech throw the ball and we came close to how many picks? We have only forced 3 fumbles all year and recovered 1? I’m sorry if I don’t find that acceptable. Maybe I’m alone in this way of thinking as well.

Yea I understand your displeasure and the same thought crossed my mind. BUT in the 6th game of the season you still have young secondary players that don't even know their assignments let alone who to cover, how in the hell are they expected to pick off a pass?? Add that with the fact the front 4 can put zero pressure on 2 Senior QB's that have been playing for 4 years, Hell G. Harrell is 23 years old. Yes these are excuses and it is what it is.

One thing I will say, I'm pretty sure Elmo screwed the secondary players minds up more then any unit on the defense. And it shows.

You buy into coach speak too much me thinks.

The coach is going to tell you what he wants his players to hear. Improvement, talent is great, we will do this and that. You very seldon hear a coach say we won't be able to get turnovers, our Oline really is weak, and we have low intelligence on our Dline, lack of athletic ability in the secondary. He says what he needs the team to believe and for them to believe he has faith in him. It really has little to do with football, it is just every day motivational planning.

The one thing he has done is to instill confidence in him. That is the most important lesson for this group to learn.

Talent to me is strength, intelligence, athletic ability. I do not think we have the market covered in those elements. So you have short falls.

We will never have the strength advantage again. Our goal should be equality. Kids are lifting in the 6th grade now days. We had that luxury and we were so stupid to teach eveyone else the advantage. All programs live and breath strength and conditioning, and all will do it as well as we do.

We are moving ahead of where I thought we would be, the Texas Tech game was way above what I thouhgt would happen. I saw a team that last year would have quit when they got off the bus. I am not saying that still is not a possibility, but every step in the right direction is a plus. This game gives me hope we play Kansas better than I thought. We may just pull that one off, of all it is the most likely, and I would never have said that two weeks ago.

It’s pretty Black and White with me, what satisfies me is wins, bottom line point blank end of story. Maybe when we win one of these games instead of coming close (not just this year) I’ll be happy. Also this staff was brought in to shore up the things that were wrong last year, turnovers, emotion, etc. The emotion has been better but the takeaways are worse or at least on par with last year and if you ask me that stinks plain and simple.

I also don’t think it is ok for this staff to get away with stuff that the previous staff couldn’t like feeding us crap about where we are and about what was going to happen. (It started from the word go not just last year) We were told that the OL was our strength and we were told that these kids would play disciplined-fundamentally sound football, and we would see “takeaways”. Have any of these things come true? I don’t believe so but this is for another thread not this one.

I also understand it is a process but that doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of that process, it doesn’t mean that I have to be happy that once again mental mistakes cost this team a win and once again he gave the ball away more then we took it away.

As far as being the biggest downer on the board that is debatable. If you ask me I find the “we played hard” accepting mediocrity (thanks Pud) attitude more of a downer then mine. I always predict a win no matter what, I always cheer for my team no matter what, and I don’t call for peoples heads (maybe Cotton).

It is kind of like the way I feel about the United States as well, just because I think there are glaring faults and a lot of things that are wrong with it doesn’t mean I don’t love it. I can’t just fall in line and pretend that everything is alright, I can’t and I won’t. The day that that happens would be a real DOWNER.

Disclaimer: I know it is game 6 of their first year, I UNDERSTAND that but come on. How many times did Mizzou and Tech throw the ball and we came close to how many picks? We have only forced 3 fumbles all year and recovered 1? I’m sorry if I don’t find that acceptable. Maybe I’m alone in this way of thinking as well.

people seem to forget how patient most fans were with cally when he first got here. yeah people got on him.... after 4 years here. there already are people jumping on bo....

It’s pretty Black and White with me, what satisfies me is wins, bottom line point blank end of story. Maybe when we win one of these games instead of coming close (not just this year) I’ll be happy. Also this staff was brought in to shore up the things that were wrong last year, turnovers, emotion, etc. The emotion has been better but the takeaways are worse or at least on par with last year and if you ask me that stinks plain and simple.

I also don’t think it is ok for this staff to get away with stuff that the previous staff couldn’t like feeding us crap about where we are and about what was going to happen. (It started from the word go not just last year) We were told that the OL was our strength and we were told that these kids would play disciplined-fundamentally sound football, and we would see “takeaways”. Have any of these things come true? I don’t believe so but this is for another thread not this one.

I also understand it is a process but that doesn’t mean I can’t be critical of that process, it doesn’t mean that I have to be happy that once again mental mistakes cost this team a win and once again he gave the ball away more then we took it away.

As far as being the biggest downer on the board that is debatable. If you ask me I find the “we played hard” accepting mediocrity (thanks Pud) attitude more of a downer then mine. I always predict a win no matter what, I always cheer for my team no matter what, and I don’t call for peoples heads (maybe Cotton).

It is kind of like the way I feel about the United States as well, just because I think there are glaring faults and a lot of things that are wrong with it doesn’t mean I don’t love it. I can’t just fall in line and pretend that everything is alright, I can’t and I won’t. The day that that happens would be a real DOWNER.

people seem to forget how patient most fans were with cally when he first got here. yeah people got on him.... after 4 years here. there already are people jumping on bo....

exactly. Bo can only do so much. He can't go out there and play for the kids... he has instilled his spirit in them and that is obvious on the field, but only the players can execute..i don't see how we can expect these coaches to do that.. they can say this will happen, but only the players can carry through on the field... just be patient and don't blame the coaches for telling us how they see it.

In honesty there were people on Callahan the first week. He never had a chance from the start, as to whether he deserved it or not that is the question.

Fans pick their favorites and have their minds made up way too quick it seems to me. I know a head coach that had the world handed to him and it took him 20 some years to get it right. He played in a way easier league and day. Good thing he had time I guess.

In honesty there were people on Callahan the first week. He never had a chance from the start, as to whether he deserved it or not that is the question.

Fans pick their favorites and have their minds made up way too quick it seems to me. I know a head coach that had the world handed to him and it took him 20 some years to get it right. He played in a way easier league and day. Good thing he had time I guess.

sure there were some people. but many supported cally. heck I was on board until about this time last year when it was clear he had lost the team beyond repair.

sure there were some people. but many supported cally. heck I was on board until about this time last year when it was clear he had lost the team beyond repair.

Me too. I defended Callahan for 4 years against my friend who was FURIOUS that Solich got fired. Once it became apparent that he was unwilling to make necessary changes and wouldn't even recognize them (Cosgrove and the defense), he lost me.

Me too. I defended Callahan for 4 years against my friend who was FURIOUS that Solich got fired. Once it became apparent that he was unwilling to make necessary changes and wouldn't even recognize them (Cosgrove and the defense), he lost me.

yeah I hated that too, and I didnt like the WCO but I want going to hold that against cally or the team. I just wanted to win