Do we have a weak 2009 class so far?

I don't know a lot about recruiting, but I've heard supposedly close to the program claim that our recruiting isn't going all that well. And as I've looked at our recruits, few of them are highly touted nationally in terms of their Scout or Rivals Stars ranking.

Like I say, I'm not recruiting expert. What is the overall consensus out there as to where we stand on recruiting?

I don't know a lot about recruiting, but I've heard supposedly close to the program claim that our recruiting isn't going all that well. And as I've looked at our recruits, few of them are highly touted nationally in terms of their Scout or Rivals Stars ranking.

Like I say, I'm not recruiting expert. What is the overall consensus out there as to where we stand on recruiting?

Well it's not rated very high just yet: something like in the 40s for both Rivals and Scout. Of course only 12 13 guys so far, but mostly 3 :star guys. The thought was some of the guys would get rated higher as the season went on, but we'll have to see how it goes. Also in (top x) on some pretty good guys, so if Nebraska can close them out, should move right up the rankings.

Of course the rankings aren't everything (but lets not start that discussion again -- I'll have to dust off my spreadsheet). One of the :star :star guys was top target for rush end. The proof will be on the field in a few years.

I suppose it depends on what a person considers weak. Based on ratings, then yes. Based on potential? Well, perhaps not - only time will tell. Based on Nebraska's recent won-loss records? Not weak at all - it's about what one should expect.

The Huskers need to win some games - particularly high profile games - to get back into the national recruiting scene.

If you're going by ratings....two 4 stars (according to rivals), and a plethora of 3 star kids who are right on the verge of 4 star rankings according to their Rivals.com Ratings. Doesn't add up that great in the formula, but looks pretty good so far.

Also, I'm going to predict that Cody Green picks up his 5th star sometime this year and a few 3 stars pick up 4th stars as well.