Best Fans in College Football

I have been associated with TCU football in a medical capacity for 25 years and have traveled with the team to many schools, (and many conferences :angry:0 ). When we played you back in 2001, I had heard what great fans you are and got to experience it first hand. I was impressed in a profound way. You guys win it hands down...not even a close second anywhere I have been.

It's not so much that you are just gracious whether you win or lose that impresses me, but you,re actually proactive in your approach to it.

How does that happen? Can't just be good midwest values...or is it? Do you treat your rivals with the same respectful, positive approach as you did us?

I think we do. There are a few that have to be smucks, but for the most part I think most Nebraska fans treat opponents with respect. Speaking for myself it's pride. I don't want opposing teams to walk away thinking what a terrible experience they had because of a Husker fan. Now some opposing fans you just can't please. It's something that is taught to our children, that win or lose to be gracious to the opposing teams, at all times, even when they talk smack.

If we beat Kansas this year, I guarantee you I will be a bad fan.

I owe them one.

Oh, and BTW... the "midwest values" thing is the biggest myth in the world. People in the midwest are nice... to your face. At least as long as you are not too different.

Husker fans are good because they at least know sh#t about football, and follow the game. That's most of the battle right there.

I was watching college football live or whatever they call it on CSTV last night. It was very interesting seeing what teams were in the top 10 30 years ago and comparing them to this year. I believe 7 or maybe it was 8 of the top 10 teams are in the top 10 this year. Parity, me thinks not. P.S. I would love to return to our old form and kick some arse as well.

I just try to treat people the same way that I would like to be treated. I think Husker fans know so much about football that it's nice to have a conversation with fans that know alot, not just about their team, but alot of teams in general. Football is life to us and the Huskers are seriously a passion. Thanks for the kind words and I hope you stick around and give us your thoughts. Welcome to huskerboard.............. :thumbs

If we beat Kansas this year, I guarantee you I will be a bad fan.

I owe them one.

. At least as long as you are not too different.

Oh, and BTW... the "midwest values" thing is the biggest myth in the world. People in the midwest are nice... to your face

Husker fans are good because they at least know sh#t about football, and follow the game. That's most of the battle right there.

thats still better than most

Nebraska = The Good Life

Ha ha...I remember that tourism commercial from the old KETV days! Singing "Nebraska...the good life...so much to see..." while showing a shot of downtown Cozad! I laughed my ass off everytime it came on! Hell...I don't even have an ass anymore it was so hilarious!

"Say kids...where do you want to go on vacation this year...Disneyland? Yellowstone? Epicott Center?"

"No dad...I want to go to downtown Cozad...there's so much to see!"

Bwhahahahaha!

Nebraska = The Good Life

Ha ha...I remember that tourism commercial from the old KETV days! Singing "Nebraska...the good life...so much to see..." while showing a shot of downtown Cozad! I laughed my ass off everytime it came on! Hell...I don't even have an ass anymore it was so hilarious!

"Say kids...where do you want to go on vacation this year...Disneyland? Yellowstone? Epicott Center?"

"No dad...I want to go to downtown Cozad...there's so much to see!"

Bwhahahahaha!

LOL, you pulled out Epcott Center............I don't think that place is in business anymore, is it??

I believe that most husker fans treat most opponents with respect...BUT...I think the past few years have made it harder...for some...to continue to be gracious. I also think that message boards have erroded the "Husker Graciousness" as well...

:yeah , and what BRI said about treating others as we'd like to be treated.

i've noticed that i have a much harder time being polite online.... even a little in person, because of the last few years. maybe its the losses, or maybe its the mizzou and ku fans with big heads.....

Oh, and BTW... the "midwest values" thing is the biggest myth in the world. People in the midwest are nice... to your face. At least as long as you are not too different.

Hate to say it, but he has a point. Please don't try to convince the world that nebraska streets are lined with licorice, and the road signs are lolipops. I know just as many A-holes from NE than I do good folks! (All my family excluded of course ;) )

Don't believe me? Spend a weekend in Grand Island, you'll change your mind!