Baylor v Nebraska

CFN

Baylor (3-4) at Nebraska (4-3), 12:30 EST

Why to watch:

Baylor had looked like an improved team and a better program under the guidance of Art Briles, and then came a cold bucket of reality with a 34-6 loss to Oklahoma State last week to calm down the wild notions of a possible bowl game. Along with the Texas A&M game, this week’s trip to Nebraska, as crazy as this might sound, is the team’s easiest date left on the board with Missouri and road games at Texas and Texas Tech to deal with. Thanks to QB Robert Griffin, the running game is among the Big 12’s best, while the special teams and defense have been solid, at least compared to past BU teams. For Nebraska, last week’s 35-7 thumping of Iowa State calmed things down after a three-game losing streak, and while beating Baylor wouldn’t make up for the 52-17 loss to Missouri, it’s a desperately needed step to a bowl game with a trip to Oklahoma coming up next week. The passing game has been great, the defense has improved under new head man Bo Pelini, and the team is making a good transition from the Bill Callahan era. Nebraska has won the last eight games in the series with the last loss coming in 1956 when the Huskers were part of the Big 7.

Why Baylor might win:

Robert Griffin. Nebraska’s defense wasn’t close to slowing down Virginia Tech’s mobile quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who ran for 87 yards in the 35-30 Hokie win. Iowa State didn’t try to get its athletic quarterback, Austen Arnaud, on the move. Baylor won’t make the same mistake as he should be able to rip off yards in chunks if he can get to the second level. The Nebraska run defense, technically, has been fine, but that’s mostly because everyone has spent their time throwing it.

Why Nebraska might win:

Does Baylor have the firepower to keep up in any sort of a shootout? Running Griffin is fine, and he’s certainly efficient, but the passing game isn’t explosive. The Baylor secondary has been hit-or-miss, but it has had to deal with the extremes. It couldn’t handle Oklahoma or Oklahoma State’s elite passing games, but it was fine against the rest of the schedule full of running teams. If Nebraska comes out winging the ball, it should be fine.

Who to watch:

Nebraska QB Joe Ganz won’t come within 20 miles of all-star honors in this year’s Big 12, but he’s been a solid leader and decent playmaker. He has stepped up his game in the last few weeks throwing for 349 yards against Texas Tech and 328 against Iowa State while keeping the mistakes at a minimum. Baylor likely can’t win without a slew of takeaways, so as long as Ganz is stingy with the ball, the Huskers should roll.

What will happen:

Griffin will get his yards on the ground, Ganz will get his yards through the air, and the Huskers will prevail with a good fourth quarter.

CFN Prediction: Nebraska 38 … Baylor 24 … Line: Nebraska -10

Must See Rating: (5 SNL with Palin – 1 Jose Canseco: Last Shot) … 2.5

CFN

Baylor (3-4) at Nebraska (4-3), 12:30 EST

Why to watch:

Baylor had looked like an improved team and a better program under the guidance of Art Briles, and then came a cold bucket of reality with a 34-6 loss to Oklahoma State last week to calm down the wild notions of a possible bowl game. Along with the Texas A&M game, this week’s trip to Nebraska, as crazy as this might sound, is the team’s easiest date left on the board with Missouri and road games at Texas and Texas Tech to deal with. Thanks to QB Robert Griffin, the running game is among the Big 12’s best, while the special teams and defense have been solid, at least compared to past BU teams. For Nebraska, last week’s 35-7 thumping of Iowa State calmed things down after a three-game losing streak, and while beating Baylor wouldn’t make up for the 52-17 loss to Missouri, it’s a desperately needed step to a bowl game with a trip to Oklahoma coming up next week. The passing game has been great, the defense has improved under new head man Bo Pelini, and the team is making a good transition from the Bill Callahan era. Nebraska has won the last eight games in the series with the last loss coming in 1956 when the Huskers were part of the Big 7.

Why Baylor might win:

Robert Griffin. Nebraska’s defense wasn’t close to slowing down Virginia Tech’s mobile quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who ran for 87 yards in the 35-30 Hokie win. Iowa State didn’t try to get its athletic quarterback, Austen Arnaud, on the move. Baylor won’t make the same mistake as he should be able to rip off yards in chunks if he can get to the second level. The Nebraska run defense, technically, has been fine, but that’s mostly because everyone has spent their time throwing it.

Why Nebraska might win:

Does Baylor have the firepower to keep up in any sort of a shootout? Running Griffin is fine, and he’s certainly efficient, but the passing game isn’t explosive. The Baylor secondary has been hit-or-miss, but it has had to deal with the extremes. It couldn’t handle Oklahoma or Oklahoma State’s elite passing games, but it was fine against the rest of the schedule full of running teams. If Nebraska comes out winging the ball, it should be fine.

Who to watch:

Nebraska QB Joe Ganz won’t come within 20 miles of all-star honors in this year’s Big 12, but he’s been a solid leader and decent playmaker. He has stepped up his game in the last few weeks throwing for 349 yards against Texas Tech and 328 against Iowa State while keeping the mistakes at a minimum. Baylor likely can’t win without a slew of takeaways, so as long as Ganz is stingy with the ball, the Huskers should roll.

What will happen:

Griffin will get his yards on the ground, Ganz will get his yards through the air, and the Huskers will prevail with a good fourth quarter.

Did we just get lumped in with TAMU?

CFN

*snip* and the team is making a good transition from the Bill Callahan era. *snip*

Can we please stop calling it the Bill Callahan era and call it the Bill Callahan debacle?

Prediction seems about right, but what's with the Must See Ratings? Seems to me our games are always right in the middle of their strange system.

Can we please stop calling it the Bill Callahan era and call it the Bill Callahan debacle?

Prediction seems about right, but what's with the Must See Ratings? Seems to me our games are always right in the middle of their strange system.

I prefer the Bill Callahan Error. Don't know who came up with it, but I like it!

I prefer the Bill Callahan Error. Don't know who came up with it, but I like it!

That's what I say in my head everytime I see Bill Callahan Era. Kind of like saying brutha.

Seems Like a fair assesment of the game.

But I dont see Griffin (apparently the only player worth mentioning on Baylor's entire team) single handedly scoring 24 points.

This is going to be another late 90's style Husker game with the skers raking up a nice lead and riding it all the way to the 4th.....

:cop: Baylor, stop pretending to be a good team!