a ? for those who might know

We currently have 4 offensive lineman committed to this class and i have read on this board and others that cole pensick is possibly being recruited as a center. so that would make 5 o lineman. right now minues pensick we have 1 DT and 1 DE but I believe that Emerson Evans the DE was recruited as a LB. So that would only make 1 defensive lineman in this class. doesn't this seem kind of backwards to anyone else but me? we are deeper on the offensive line than the defensive side in my opinion. so what are we doing? is maybe 1 or 2 of the offensive recruits going to try D?

reading between the lines i think that baker will be staying on the D line. and hopefully we will close the class with 2 of 3 d lineman.

sorry this is jumbled it was a spur of the moment random thought.

We currently have 4 offensive lineman committed to this class and i have read on this board and others that cole pensick is possibly being recruited as a center. so that would make 5 o lineman. right now minues pensick we have 1 DT and 1 DE but I believe that Emerson Evans the DE was recruited as a LB. So that would only make 1 defensive lineman in this class. doesn't this seem kind of backwards to anyone else but me? we are deeper on the offensive line than the defensive side in my opinion. so what are we doing? is maybe 1 or 2 of the offensive recruits going to try D?

reading between the lines i think that baker will be staying on the D line. and hopefully we will close the class with 2 of 3 d lineman.

sorry this is jumbled it was a spur of the moment random thought.

well according to those in the know, NU is in the running for multiple really talented D-Lineman. Below is a summary list from a post about the prediction proficiency of Louisana Husker. Corey Adams might be one of the best recruits in the nation if you take into consideration the position he plays. I personally feel that interior D-Lineman like Peter, Smith, etc. take a D over the top. I don't think this is a case of focusing first on O-lineman, I just think they got more commits from O-Lineman early do to NU's proficiency on that side of the ball. Remember the D is a work in progress.

Corey Adams Visit 9/26 in his top 4

Randall Dent Top 2?

Latu Heimuli

Jamarcus McFarland

William Sutton

Siosaia Tuipulotu Visit 9/5

Nebraska could really use about the same number of DL maybe even 6 guys. Right now Thaddeus Randle and possibly Cole Pensick commits for for DT and Emerson Evans for rush end. From the list D player offers, here are the guys who still are considering Nebraska AFAIK:

Corey Adams Visit 9/26 in his top 4

Jason Ankrah

Michael Buchanan Not in top 4 but may visit

Randall Dent Top 2?

Keenan Graham Favorite?

Latu Heimuli

Nathan Mayfield

Jamarcus McFarland

Jason Pierre-Paul

William Sutton

Siosaia Tuipulotu Visit 9/5

In the thread mentioned above is some info from another board where a user "in the know" said there is DT who is almost solid to committing to Nebraska.

In the information about Dent, it says he will pick Nebraska if he does not get a LSU offer. It also is apparently looking good for Keenan Graham. May have to pick up someone else late to fill out.

And yes I think the relative ease with which Nebraska filled its OL needs might mean Baker is staying as a DT.

This may be the first year in a while where we end up turning a good kid away on the d-line.

Realistically, we lead for guys like LT Tuipulotu, Latu Heimuli and Randall Dent. We are also very much in the running for guys like Keenan Graham and William Sutton. It would be a shame if we end up having to turn some of those guys away if/when they want to commit considering how poor our depth is on the d-line.

Nothing really to say except I would allow the first person to respond to this post to kick me squarely in the nuts if we even had a prayer with the kid.

Adams took the visit thanks to his coach. Loved his visit based on the atmosphere. Went to OSU for the Penn State game. Anyone who watched that game knows we aren't going to compete.

Another big thing is Corey wants to be apart of a winner. If he comes here, he will be one of the guys who will help TRY to put us back on the national scene. He goes to USC or OSU and he will be a guy KEEPING them on the national scene.

Kid is likely going to OSU or USC. If I were a betting man, I'd say OSU.

This may be the first year in a while where we end up turning a good kid away on the d-line.

Realistically, we lead for guys like LT Tuipulotu, Latu Heimuli and Randall Dent. We are also very much in the running for guys like Keenan Graham and William Sutton. It would be a shame if we end up having to turn some of those guys away if/when they want to commit considering how poor our depth is on the d-line.

If some of those guys are doing missions does that allow Nebraska to take more than the usual number?

If some of those guys are doing missions does that allow Nebraska to take more than the usual number?

I don't think Heimuli will take his mission regardless. LT likely would, but he needs to get his grades in order first before anything else.

But if they did, they would not count.

And I know we wouldn't care if they did. We need more Poly guys in here. If we had more guys like Heimuli, LT, Helu and Toialoa, we would likely have landed a guy like Rey Maualuga. That guy actually wanted to come here, but his dad didn't feel comfortable allowing him to come to a school with no Poly influence around.