question about speed..

shagg

i'm a big time college football fan and of course an NU fan...one thing i've notice is that NU haven't had a playmaker with speed in a long long time....even some of the smaller schools or lesser known programs have a speed guy....if a cinncinati or troy(example) can recruit speed there's no why we can't...it MUST be a priority

I agree there may be a lack of speed, but what bothered me was the secondary seemed out of position, again. This seems to be something that just keeps happening game after game. Just an observation, but guys were way to open. And I wonder who Bo was screaming at, his brother? :dunno

I agree there may be a lack of speed, but what bothered me was the secondary seemed out of position, again. This seems to be something that just keeps happening game after game. Just an observation, but guys were way to open. And I wonder who Bo was screaming at, his brother? :dunno

That's the problem when you don't have the speed to match up man to man. You can try to put your DBs where you expect their receivers to go, but if the opposing QB isn't pressured (which is mostly what happened last night), it's pretty easy for recievers to use the extra time get open.

That's the problem when you don't have the speed to match up man to man. You can try to put your DBs where you expect their receivers to go, but if the opposing QB isn't pressured (which is mostly what happened last night), it's pretty easy for recievers to use the extra time get open.

right on....a DB's best friend is a good pass rush

Exactly, if we had a decent pass rush our DB's and Safetys would look far better. You cant let a Heisman hopeful QB have 6-7 seconds to throw the ball. We definately need to be rebuilt up front. If we get a good pass rush everything else will come together.

Exactly, if we had a decent pass rush our DB's and Safetys would look far better. You cant let a Heisman hopeful QB have 6-7 seconds to throw the ball. We definately need to be rebuilt up front. If we get a good pass rush everything else will come together.

Yeah, Bradford is phenomenal. Even when I thought we had pretty good coverage, he made absolutely perfect throws.

Yeah, Bradford is phenomenal. Even when I thought we had pretty good coverage, he made absolutely perfect throws.

Good Dline play always helps the Dbacks. But if you watch this game and almost all the games this year we have one or two players out of position almost as soon as the play starts. Then can't recover. I don't want to bash any one player but watch the games and make your own opinion. We have a position or two that gives up 100-150 yards a game, every game. Getting burned even on quick across the middle and straight down the field several times a game just isn't getting it done. There were times the dline gave him all day to drink a soda and have ice cream and that was painful to watch. But again watch the games again, there is real consistency with the blown coverages. Most of the young guys are actually getting it done which is encouraging.

Good Dline play always helps the Dbacks. But if you watch this game and almost all the games this year we have one or two players out of position almost as soon as the play starts. Then can't recover. I don't want to bash any one player but watch the games and make your own opinion. We have a position or two that gives up 100-150 yards a game, every game. Getting burned even on quick across the middle and straight down the field several times a game just isn't getting it done. There were times the dline gave him all day to drink a soda and have ice cream and that was painful to watch. But again watch the games again, there is real consistency with the blown coverages. Most of the young guys are actually getting it done which is encouraging.

Yeah...it sure seems like some of our safties are missing on the "over the 'top" coverage...quite often. Seems some of them bite pretty hard on the play action as well...

i'm a big time college football fan and of course an NU fan...one thing i've notice is that NU haven't had a playmaker with speed in a long long time....even some of the smaller schools or lesser known programs have a speed guy....if a cinncinati or troy(example) can recruit speed there's no why we can't...it MUST be a priority

I think it goes back to our strength and conditioning. Take a player like Barrett Ruud. While playing for NU, he ran a 4.7 40. Between the end of the season and the combine, he dropped a tenth of a second or so from his 40 due to extra lifting and training. I think Urlacher has dropped nearly two tenths of a second from his 40 since entering the NFL.