Questions I have

The guy that mentioned recruits from last years class isn’t Fisher the only one that doesn’t have returners in front of them? Dennard has West, Hagg and Blue, Williams/Meredith has Turner/Allen, Compton has Dillard and Wald has Thenarse, Culburt, Asante and gulp O’Hanlon. Maybe they will all jump those dudes but who knows.

Granted...BUT...one of the major issue we have on "D"...IMO...is lack of depth....

The guy that mentioned recruits from last years class isn’t Fisher the only one that doesn’t have returners in front of them? Dennard has West, Hagg and Blue, Williams/Meredith has Turner/Allen, Compton has Dillard and Wald has Thenarse, Culburt, Asante and gulp O’Hanlon. Maybe they will all jump those dudes but who knows.

Granted...BUT...one of the major issue we have on "D"...IMO...is lack of depth....

I agree with you man.

The fact that we have to play some of the guys we do is just sad. IMO

Also...I could see playing Compton at outside backer next year and move him inside the following year...

As for the DB situation...any of the 4 could end up starting based on performances to date...

I agree with you man.

That and if you are looking at starting the "transition up," building QUALITY depth is a big step. True those players may not all make the field next year, but the majority of them will be on the 2-deep meaning they will be pressing the starters hard. I would also bet that many of them will see a lot of time on the field next year even if they aren't a starter, so they will have an impact next year. To top it all off, these players will/may be the starters for Bo's 3rd year and hopefully allow the team to blossom. I don't think anyone can look at this team and say that this wouldn't be a multiple year project to get to an elight level.

I agree with you man.

That and if you are looking at starting the "transition up," building QUALITY depth is a big step. True those players may not all make the field next year, but the majority of them will be on the 2-deep meaning they will be pressing the starters hard. I would also bet that many of them will see a lot of time on the field next year even if they aren't a starter, so they will have an impact next year. To top it all off, these players will/may be the starters for Bo's 3rd year and hopefully allow the team to blossom. I don't think anyone can look at this team and say that this wouldn't be a multiple year project to get to an elight level.

I also forgot to add Baker to the list of "impact" recruits. I think the overall talent over the next couple of years already looks twice as good as what Bo started with. You can't win with 5-6 walk ons starting.

Disclaimer: This in NO WAY is a thread to call for the Almighty Bo’s (or any of his chosen staffs) head(s). It’s not, so don’t come at me with that crap. If you can’t question things going on then what is the point of having a voice?

How is a kid not being in the right position during the 9th game of the year and most of the first 8 for that matter a talent issue?

How is a team that gets penalty after penalty, misses tackles, misses assignments not undisciplined?

Is making a bowl at 6-6 really a step in the right direction? (How many bowl games are there again? I know the practice time is good but seriously)

Why are the next 3 games winnable when we haven’t proven that we can stop any good offenses? (KSU passed all over OU and for the record we are freaking underdogs this weekend)

Why do we still play guys that look lost from the opening kickoff?

Why is it alright for Bo to talk to the media (just doing their jobs) or officials the way he does?

How many more loses with the coaching staff saying “We didn’t have them prepared” before people start questioning these coaches ability? (not just the ones with a connection to Billy C)

If things don’t improve next year does Bo fire his brother or do we go through another Billy/Coz thing?

Does Bo ever stop just paying attention to the defense during games?

If Bo hasn’t won a North title by year 3 do we panic?

What kid from last years or this years recruiting class is supposed to be that stud recruit that starts the transition up? (not on offense either)

If things don’t improve in the next few years does this tarnish Dr. Tom’s reputation?

Now that Va Tech is turning out to be a very average team how bad does that loss look? (remove Va Tech insert Mizzou)

Do people still think Joe Ganz will play on Sundays?

Why don’t the biggest Blowout in Memorial Stadium (Mizzou) history or the most points ever scored by OU in that series not bother some people?

Why does our Coach and some of our “Leaders” on the field always looked confused and frazzled when we get jacked in the mouth?

How many people across the state were Bo Pelini for Halloween?

Like I said earlier these are just questions I have about the team right now and in the future. Once again I’m not calling for anybodies head because at the end of the day what would that really solve anyway.

Everything will be alright tomorrow though because we will have a new president and the mess we live in now will be back to all holding hands running through fields together. Peace on earth, good well towards man and the Huskers will start winning again. <_<

Probably won't get to all your questions, but I will touch on most of them.

1. I've never thought we could ever use talent as an excuse. I never bought it when Clownahan came in, and I'm not buying it now. This team this year took TT down to the wire with a chance to win in overtime in Lubbock. Now, TT is the leader in the South and just knocked off the #1 team in the nation which beat the OU team that just slaughtered us. We don't have a talent problem here. Anyone who believes we have a talent problem is naive.

2. This team is very undisciplined. Not only do they make the penalty errors and such, we have to burn timeouts because they are so undisciplined they don't even friggin line up right.

3. Bowls are always good. If nothing else, it really lifts the spirits of the boosters and donors.

4. The next 3 games are winnable because 1) KState could only must 13 points against a less than stellar CU squad and Freeman consistently makes poor decisions 2) CU is going backwards at a rapid pace 3) KU got completely lit up like a Christmas tree against TT. We could lose them all, but I'd say the chances are pretty good we win 2 of the 3.

5. We play them because they're the best we have without burning redshirts. This team doesn't have much depth, and we've already lost a key component or two from a defense that didn't have the depth to spare. Why is Texas having to play freshman secondary? With today's scholly limits, there's going to be more and more depth issues with almost any team that has injuries.

6. skip

7. I think the first time. There's been people questioning their abilities since the first game of the season. I believe you've been on Cotton's case ever since Bo brought him back.

8. Why would Bo fire Carl? Isn't Bo the one calling the defense? Looks like he'd have to fire himself.

9. Does Gundy ever stop paying attention to the offense at Okie State? No. They were what one or two plays away from being the #1 or #2 team in the country. With good assistants, you can continue to pay attention to the side of the ball you call the plays for.

10. Depends. If North teams play in BCS bowls and/or play for NC's, then no I don't think we panic if we haven't won one in 3 years. The Mizzou's, KU's, etc. aren't going away.

11. skip

12. Depends on who you talk to I suppose. Some outside of Nebraska already think his rep. was tarnished with the way he handled some of the players back in the mid-90's. Somehow though, I doubt his rep. will ever be tarnished in the eyes of NU fans even if Bo doesn't pan out.

13. Now that TT is #2 in the BCS, how does that near win look? Now that Baylor took Mizzou down to the wire, how does that win look? To me, it doesn't matter. You just take it week to week. Nebraska's not a great team, but we're also not a terrible team. We're average, just like VT.

14. skip

15. I have no idea because they sure bother me.

16. I think we go into some games with a great plan, and then we go into others with a terrible plan. If anything, I think this coaching staff is as inconsistent as our play on the field.

17. skip

At the end of the day, we all have to keep in mind that we have a HC who has never been in this role before. He assembled a staff which is something he's never done before. I have a feeling there will be some staff changes in the next 3 years. This team reminds me of a friend who went down to Lincoln and walked on back in the late 90's. He never made any noise at all down there despite being ranked #3 his junior year and #1 his senior year in the strength and athletic testing. In fact, his senior year he had the fastest 10 yd speed on the team. He never played because when in high school he continually played on very bad teams. I don't think they ever had a winning season. He had poor coaching, and he had poor fundamentals. He was so far behind everyone when he got down there that his athletic ability just couldn't cover up for the years in coaching and training he was behind. IMO, these players on this team have been horribly coached by the previous staff. Even though we have some great talent on this team, it is very raw and unpolished. I believe this is why we see so many penalties and mistakes. I also believe the strength and conditioning of this team in prior years is showing why we have problems against top tier teams. We're very inconsistent. We play a game like we did against Mizzou, and then we play a game like we did against TT. We're seeing some good football, and we're seeing some terrible football. This is why I hope we make a bowl just to give this staff and this team more time together.

I agree with you man.

Yeah, I mean guys like O'Hanlon and Asante wouldn't be playing on the teams from the 90's. They are the best we have right now and that's fine, but damnit how many times can you miss assignment's and keep your job!?

Now that Va Tech is turning out to be a very average team how bad does that loss look? (remove Va Tech insert Mizzou)

13. Now that TT is #2 in the BCS, how does that near win look? Now that Baylor took Mizzou down to the wire, how does that win look? To me, it doesn't matter. You just take it week to week. Nebraska's not a great team, but we're also not a terrible team. We're average, just like VT.

:yeah I really hate this question cause teams vary from week to week. Whether it be inconsistant play, injuries, just flat wearing down mentally, etc.

You think OU loses to Texas if they play 10 times? How about USC losing to Oregon St.? Florida losing to Ole Miss? We play the game week by week for this very purpose. Teams get upset. It's what makes college football great, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

This thing has turned into a survey.... :o

How is a kid not being in the right position during the 9th game of the year and most of the first 8 for that matter a talent issue?

It's not directly, but a kid's athletic ability will give him a chance to recover from his mistakes (ie. recovery speed, vertical leap, etc)

How is a team that gets penalty after penalty, misses tackles, misses assignments not undisciplined?

Who said they weren't? Bo keeps saying we are undisciplined and inconsistent...in so many words.

Is making a bowl at 6-6 really a step in the right direction? (How many bowl games are there again? I know the practice time is good but seriously)

Yes. The team is already improving in the intangibles. If you look beyond the stat sheet, the team is making positive changes.

Why are the next 3 games winnable when we haven’t proven that we can stop any good offenses? (KSU passed all over OU and for the record we are freaking underdogs this weekend)

Every game is winnable. It doesn't come down to our opinions, it comes down to the players and coaches getting it done.

The coaches see these guys every day in practice. Who else do you think we should we be playing?

Why is it alright for Bo to talk to the media (just doing their jobs) or officials the way he does?

Become a head coach, then ask.

How many more loses with the coaching staff saying “We didn’t have them prepared” before people start questioning these coaches ability? (not just the ones with a connection to Billy C)

Apparently, people are already questioning this (hence the question?). Some fans have patience, some fans don't. The coaches aren't making excuses.

If things don’t improve next year does Bo fire his brother or do we go through another Billy/Coz thing?

Bo is still managing the defense.

He makes comments on offensice plays in the press conferences. What makes you think he's not paying attention?

You might, I won't. What if the North were playing out like the South is this year, with a bunch of good teams losing to each other?

What kid from last years or this years recruiting class is supposed to be that stud recruit that starts the transition up? (not on offense either)

If we're expecting the turnaround to come from an 18-year old, instead of the coaching staff....we're in bigger trouble than you realize.

If things don’t improve in the next few years does this tarnish Dr. Tom’s reputation?

why would it? He's not coaching. The people wanted Bo, he gave them Bo.

You really can't play that game one way. If the Virginia Tech game make us look bad, then the Texas Tech game should have us talking National Championship.

Drafted is one thing, but I don't think any of the Big 12 short stacks will play in the NFL. Not Daniel, not Reesing, not Ganz. The NFL puts too high of a premium on "franchise" measurables. I think the combine will weed the short guys out.

Why don’t the biggest Blowout in Memorial Stadium (Mizzou) history or the most points ever scored by OU in that series not bother some people?

They don't bother me any more than all of the negative records that happened during Callahan's tenure. In year one of Bo's stint, he's still dealing with the environment he inherited. Why wouldn't some of these negative things continue to surface here and there?

Why does our Coach and some of our “Leaders” on the field always looked confused and frazzled when we get jacked in the mouth?

I have only seen Bo pissed, not frazzled or confused. As for the players, leaders aren't made overnight. Like it or not, on defense, everyone is a first year player (think freshman) in Bo's system.

I was a Kevin Cosgrove defense for Halloween this year. No one remembers seeing me.

dedhoarse

It isn't

it's not

yes, seriously

because every game is winnable

because they are the best Bo has

It's neither right or not right, it's just Bo.

probably three. But three losses ain't happening this year.

billy/coz thing

I doubt it, he is a defense oriented coach

panic by the end of year two

dunno

nope

looks good compared to the mizzou loss

nope

It should, as well the most points ever scored in all time against the skers in a quarter or a half. I guess cally didn't set ALL the bad records.

cuz getting jacked in the mouth will do that to you

dunno- lots I bet

BEAT KU!!