RB Al-Terek McBurse

Rivals says he's "seriously" considering FIU.

Really?...

Hmm, FIU visit scheduled 1/12 and announcement scheduled 12/17. I think the only way he makes that visit is if Nebraska or Purdue refuse his services (which may be why he's "seriously" considering FIU).

I think you're exactly right on this one. But I highly doubt Purdue refuses his services and I think McBurse ends up at Purdue where the coach there is guaranteeing him PT/starting spot. From what I've gathered on their board they lose all their RBs from this season and McBurse wants that early PT guaranteed to him with no competition. That definitely ain't happening at NU, yes he will given a chance to compete and earn PT, but not just given to him.

Hopefully he does well at Purdue and good luck with the young man. Great engineering programs they have at Purdue if that is one of his aspirations.

Rivals says he's "seriously" considering FIU.

Really?...

Hmm, FIU visit scheduled 1/12 and announcement scheduled 12/17. I think the only way he makes that visit is if Nebraska or Purdue refuse his services (which may be why he's "seriously" considering FIU).

I think you're exactly right on this one. But I highly doubt Purdue refuses his services and I think McBurse ends up at Purdue where the coach there is guaranteeing him PT/starting spot. From what I've gathered on their board they lose all their RBs from this season and McBurse wants that early PT guaranteed to him with no competition. That definitely ain't happening at NU, yes he will given a chance to compete and earn PT, but not just given to him.

Hopefully he does well at Purdue and good luck with the young man. Great engineering programs they have at Purdue if that is one of his aspirations.

I cant find anything there I disagree with. Good luck to him.

So you're giving up hope on him?

I didn't have any inside info that Burkhead was in, I just gathered up the tips and points about McBurse and the fact that he wanted everything given to him on a silver platter (if true) about early PT/guaranteed starting position. That doesn't bode with this staff's MO nor any competitive program. McBurse himself maybe never stated those things, but at any major program in the NCAA you have to WORK/COMPETE to earn that starting spot and or early PT. Competition upon competition within your program breeds success.

McBurse is out now that Burkhead is N.

Not necessarily so. Burkhead could be a safety or OLB --- or an RB. He'll get his shot at whatever position he wants to start with and end up where he is most needed/finds the field first. McBurse is not by any means certainly gone. Perhaps so --- perhaps not.

Not necessarily so. Burkhead could be a safety or OLB --- or an RB. He'll get his shot at whatever position he wants to start with and end up where he is most needed/finds the field first. McBurse is not by any means certainly gone. Perhaps so --- perhaps not.

I bet he would want to play at RB but OLB would be a good fit because he is very quick.

As I said before, Burkhead is a RB. He'll even play some WR. But he's a RB first and foremost. Kid will never play defense. Burkhead could never be an OLB either even if he did play defense because he doesn't have the frame to carry that kind of weight.

As I said before, Burkhead is a RB. He'll even play some WR. But he's a RB first and foremost. Kid will never play defense. Burkhead could never be an OLB either even if he did play defense because he doesn't have the frame to carry that kind of weight.

He's a running back through and through, just like Cody Glenn ;)

I agree he doesn't have the size to be a LB, but I think he'd make a great safety. Everything I've read about him makes me think he could excel at safety. And while I think he would make a solid RB, I think we will need someone a little more explosive at RB to get where we wanna go (Big 12 Championship, etc.).