Husker Rec Rooms or other areas of your house dedicated to the Huskers?

theneguy95

I moved into my first house last June and am currently working on my "husker lounge" in my garage. Got heating and air, painted red, black, and white and carpet is next. Going to make it a pool table room. So yeah I was in there painting and got to thinking that some of you probably have some pretty amazing shrines and I'd love to see them! GBR

I moved into my first house last June and am currently working on my "husker lounge" in my garage. Got heating and air, painted red, black, and white and carpet is next. Going to make it a pool table room. So yeah I was in there painting and got to thinking that some of you probably have some pretty amazing shrines and I'd love to see them! GBR

Hope your planning on living there a while... :) That red and black paint is a real pain in the rear to try and paint over, especially if it is oil based paint...don't ask me how I know this.... :angry:

HuskerTrucker I'm planning on living here for quite a while, but on the otherhand, shouldn't it be a selling point haha. They say go neutral because it's easy to sell, but if I'd have seen the paint I have in there now I'd have offered what they were asking for the house. lol. But seriously though that why I have it in the 3rd stall (add on) garage. Basically it went from drywall to having something so I don't think it'll be a big deal besides I'll probably be here a while.

DJR313 Your basement sounds amazing. I'd love to see pictures of it for sure. I think I should frame the posters I have because it seems like they get ruined pretty quick from one thing or another. Moving really caused some damage. I love the field turf idea! I Just orded some 18"x18" husker carpet tiles. I'm going to have red carpet under the pool table, husker carpet tiles (2 deep) around it, and then black carpet for the rest of the room cuz of spills and stains. It's so fun. I won't tell my wife cuz we're newly weds just last july, but putting together this shrine has been won of the most fun things ever. between memories of ticket stubs to posters bought at the fiesta bowl or big 12 championships etc... it's awesome

oh god... i just thought of something... she's probably going to take advantage of this forever. I can hear it now, "you know... I did support the husker room idea and help you with it, so I want....................................................... etc. etc. etc." haha

no she's been a great sport and she's learning pretty fast

thanks guys

HuskerTrucker I'm planning on living here for quite a while, but on the otherhand, shouldn't it be a selling point haha. They say go neutral because it's easy to sell, but if I'd have seen the paint I have in there now I'd have offered what they were asking for the house. lol. But seriously though that why I have it in the 3rd stall (add on) garage. Basically it went from drywall to having something so I don't think it'll be a big deal besides I'll probably be here a while.

DJR313 Your basement sounds amazing. I'd love to see pictures of it for sure. I think I should frame the posters I have because it seems like they get ruined pretty quick from one thing or another. Moving really caused some damage. I love the field turf idea! I Just orded some 18"x18" husker carpet tiles. I'm going to have red carpet under the pool table, husker carpet tiles (2 deep) around it, and then black carpet for the rest of the room cuz of spills and stains. It's so fun. I won't tell my wife cuz we're newly weds just last july, but putting together this shrine has been won of the most fun things ever. between memories of ticket stubs to posters bought at the fiesta bowl or big 12 championships etc... it's awesome

oh god... i just thought of something... she's probably going to take advantage of this forever. I can hear it now, "you know... I did support the husker room idea and help you with it, so I want....................................................... etc. etc. etc." haha

no she's been a great sport and she's learning pretty fast

thanks guys

Definately need a bar with beer on tap. Ensure to keep plenty of a "Red" ale on tap!!!!