Larry Asante=Biggest recruiting bust ever

For someone that looked like he would be a first round draft pick because of his physical attributes, he is THE MAIN reason our defense gives up so many big plays. I remember callahan saying he was going to be one of the great safties in the country. But the closest he has ever been to a pick was the Nevada game in 2007. And he dropped it. He doesnt seem to understand zone coverage, and although he gets a ton of tackles that stat is baloney because he gets them BECAUSE HE CANNOT COVER ANYONE. He proves why recruiting hype is overrated, and why people like Chris Brooks will never cut it. Remember Chris Brooks? he has never started a game. And he has 2 career catches.....And he was the best player in Missouri in 2005? Are u kidding me? And look at players like Helu, a 3 star. That is our best player. HE IS THE MOST TALENTED RUNNING BACK TO COME TO NEBRASKA SINCE 2000.

For someone that looked like he would be a first round draft pick because of his physical attributes, he is THE MAIN reason our defense gives up so many big plays. I remember callahan saying he was going to be one of the great safties in the country. But the closest he has ever been to a pick was the Nevada game in 2007. And he dropped it. He doesnt seem to understand zone coverage, and although he gets a ton of tackles that stat is baloney because he gets them BECAUSE HE CANNOT COVER ANYONE. He proves why recruiting hype is overrated, and why people like Chris Brooks will never cut it. Remember Chris Brooks? he has never started a game. And he has 2 career catches.....And he was the best player in Missouri in 2005? Are u kidding me? And look at players like Helu, a 3 star. That is our best player. HE IS THE MOST TALENTED RUNNING BACK TO COME TO NEBRASKA SINCE 2000.

Didn't your mother teach you that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all?

Your number of posts shows me your a loser. Come back when you have something a little more insightful to say.

Your warning level has been increased due to your personal attack in violation of Board rules.

A second violation will result in a suspension.

A third violation will result in a ban.

Attack the post - not the poster. And for the record, the number of a member's posts have no bearing on their status.

Biggest recruiting bust ever? I think that is stretching it, I can think of plenty others that were as hyped as Asante and never really saw the field. Has he been a disappointment? I can't disagree there, but he still has 1 more year to put it all together. I think he has played better recently, but not where you would expect an athlete like him with 2 years experience.

Your number of posts shows me your a loser. Come back when you have something a little more insightful to say.

Your warning level has been increased due to your personal attack in violation of Board rules.

A second violation will result in a suspension.

A third violation will result in a ban.

Attack the post - not the poster. And for the record, the number of a member's posts have no bearing on their status.

How long does my probation last? Or is it 3 strikes your out kinda thing, just curious i didnt see the stipulations on the board rules. BTW, sorry.

Actually, the top rated player in Missouri in 2005 was D.J. Hord - WR from KC. Went to Notre Dame.

Career so far: 5 catches for 34 yards.

4 years later, Chase Coffman would have to be considered the best, as he's now the NCAA career reception leader among tight ends.

The reason Asante has looked so bad is because other players didnt do their job and filling gaps, etc. I believe he has had some blown coverage's this year, but overall I think he has done pretty well. O'Hanlan (sp?) has had some trouble with taking bad angles and tackling. Not sure if he is what they looking for in that position. Guess it tells you how bad Culbert and some of the others are.

Ok, I am not a loser. I am sitting in class at Penn right now bored out of my mind because the class is so easy. I just think recruiting stars/hype is so overrated. I apologize if this came off as really negative, but its just how i feel.

I LOVE THE BIG RED

:clapclap:

good for you.

Larry Asante is far from a big recruiting bust.