Larry Asante=Biggest recruiting bust ever

Your number of posts shows me your a loser. Come back when you have something a little more insightful to say.

Your warning level has been increased due to your personal attack in violation of Board rules.

A second violation will result in a suspension.

A third violation will result in a ban.

Attack the post - not the poster. And for the record, the number of a member's posts have no bearing on their status.

You'd think a good lawyer could get billdozer15 off in this case due to a technicality.

Misspelled the second "your" (Should be you're) so it might be argued, not a "personal" attack, but rather an attack of his post.

Just sayin'.. ;)

(Please don't hurt me).

Biggest recruiting bust ever? I think that is stretching it, I can think of plenty others that were as hyped as Asante and never really saw the field. Has he been a disappointment? I can't disagree there, but he still has 1 more year to put it all together. I think he has played better recently, but not where you would expect an athlete like him with 2 years experience.

Anyone remember Thunder Collins? THAT was a recruiting bust.

I'm sitting on my yacht off the Florida Keys right now as three topless beauties lounge on the deck.

And by the way - no way is Asante the biggest bust ever. Harrison Beck comes to mind...

I wouldn't really call it a bust. I think it's more that he isn't living up to the hype and all. That is why the Rivals star rating isn't always the best system.

Look at Wortman, a walk on from GI that is just playing awesome right now.

I'm sitting on my yacht off the Florida Keys right now as three topless beauties lounge on the deck.

And by the way - no way is Asante the biggest bust ever. Harrison Beck comes to mind...

I would think one of the three topless beauties on your deck would have bigger busts than Beck...but..I degress.

Harrison has put on a few pounds, he may have a bigger bust than all three.

Since 2002 because that is as far back as Rivals will let you go. Here are 4 Star guys (which is what Asante was) that had less impact then Larry has and is still having.

Dukes, Horne, LeFlore

Schuler, Teamer, Mueller

Beck, Jackson, Picou, Tomerlin

Jones (5 star)

Dixon

So if you ask me calling someone who is going to end up a 3 year starter the Biggest Bust ever is pretty silly and kind of a bunch of crap

Also according to Huskerpedia Thunder was only a 2 Star guy so if that is the truth then he wasn’t a bust in that since however the University and fans hyped him up strictly off of his rad name.

For someone that looked like he would be a first round draft pick because of his physical attributes, he is THE MAIN reason our defense gives up so many big plays. I remember callahan saying he was going to be one of the great safties in the country. But the closest he has ever been to a pick was the Nevada game in 2007. And he dropped it. He doesnt seem to understand zone coverage, and although he gets a ton of tackles that stat is baloney because he gets them BECAUSE HE CANNOT COVER ANYONE. He proves why recruiting hype is overrated, and why people like Chris Brooks will never cut it. Remember Chris Brooks? he has never started a game. And he has 2 career catches.....And he was the best player in Missouri in 2005? Are u kidding me? And look at players like Helu, a 3 star. That is our best player. HE IS THE MOST TALENTED RUNNING BACK TO COME TO NEBRASKA SINCE 2000.

Wow. Where to start.....

First on Chris Brooks. What in the name of sam hell he had to do with Asante, I don't know but I digress. Do you think that maybe Chris hasn't seen the field that much because Swift, Nunn, Peterson, and this guy named Maurice Purify played in front of him? Those are some damn good players. Since Cally didn't really practice the second string guys, maybe he didn't get that many reps .

Now onto Asante. I am going to preface this by saying I don't want my warning level increased, so I am treading lightly. It really burns me when somebody that is completely uneducated about defensive schemes in football makes claims that prove this. Asante is asked to do so much in this defense, and his responsibilities have been increased because OTHER PEOPLE MISS THEIR ASSIGNMENTS. Football is the ultimate team game. You have 11 guys all doing their job, and if they don't do their job the play/scheme/coverage doesn't work. I could get into specifics about the 2 deep zone coverage that you seemingly don't undestand, but I think it would be review for most others on this board and you probably won't be back on for a year so I won't.

Do me a favor, before you spout off at the mouth and tear a guy down on this or any other public forum, at least have an idea what you're talking about first.