man I wish we could play MU again

melscott62

Well, NU will have an inexperienced QB next year. We lose what 2 or 3 OL? We lose Lucky in the backfield along with Ganz. We lose our top 2 receivers. Next year's North division could very well be a tossup. There's no reason to think Mizzou won't be in that tossup.

I have said a number on time on this board that exact same thing. I even said (almost got sick there) that KU should be the favorite based on what they return. I just wont sit here and take a jab about how MU is going down based on what we lose when NU loses just as much if not more.

Look at the quality of talent MU is losing next year. Think about it real had, and then tell me NU is losing just as much, if not more.

NU loses some experience on offense, but they seem to be gaining athleticism. And I'd take the Nebraska defensive line over anybody's in the North. And like I said, the corners and safeties have nowhere to go but up right now.

Nobody said NE is losing as much talent as Mizzou. Let's just say for the point of discussion that Mizzou will lose more between now and next season. In absolute terms, I think they will. That said, I still think think this year's squad is good enough to survive a significant loss and still remain competitive in the North. Not dominant, but competitive.

On the other hand, Nebraska is not in a position to weather anything more than a minimal loss of talent. In other words, a $5 loss for a man with $50 to his name hurts a lot more than a $1000 loss for a millionaire.

That's not to say that Mizzou has a top-flight football program, 'cause they don't. We had our chance to show some chops against Okie Lite and UT but didn't get it done. While I'm still very bitter about those losses, I'm hoping they'll step up over the course of these next three games and show me something I still haven't seen this season - true character and resilience against a quality team.

I'd also like to respectfully remind everyone here that when it comes to the North, MU's the only show in town right now. Next season might be a different story, but these last two seasons have been ours.

I personally don't think that's saying much, as the North is down. Way down. And though you might think the Huskers are now or will soon be in a position to challenge us, the fact is you got your pants pulled down around your ankles on October 4th, on national TV no less. You're going to have to wait until next year to show that things have changed. Speculation is folly. There's no point in talking about a re-match. Anymore than there's any point in talking about a fifth down in 1990, or 'the kick' of 1997.

It's done, it's over. The future is all that matters.

If there's one thing I've learned as a Mizzou grad, it's how to accept reality. Brutal as it can sometimes be.

I just wish the melvins among you could be as objective about your school's program as I try to be about mine. A lot of you are, but the homers need to either step away from the keyboard or get a clue. It'd make for much more interesting reading.

Peace out...

I love this type of stuff on a message board. its just like the guys (i'm not picking on you mizzou, there are tons of guys here that do it) that get all bent out of shape if you talk about a game that is more than a week away. "WE NEED TO FOCUS ON CU!!!" no the team needs to focus on CU. the content of our conversation has no bearing on the game.....

anyway this is a message board, thats what you do...speculate! none of it has, can, or ever will translate into something meaningful on the football field.

I would also like to point out the humor of the "I'm a realist and you are a homer" bit.... if only we mortals could truly see the light. I can tell you right now there are a lot of those "realists" whose preseason predictions aren't looking to good right now. no one knows the reality of sports because too much changes from week to week and ultimately there is a lot of luck involved as well.

You guys have improved since the Missouri game for sure. You even may beat us next season, we lose three potential 1st round draft picks to the NFL next year. Jeremy Maclin- mr. everything, William Moore- free safety and Chase Coffman- tight end who may have the best hands for a big man on the planet.

Although Gabbert has all of the physical tools he is a sophomore with no experience and he will lose two stud receivers.

There will be serious growing pains for Mizzou next year. I just hope that we face Texas Tech for the Big 12 Championship this year. We simply don't match up well with Texas or Oklahoma.

I think it would be funny if MU did play TT and win the Big 12 Championship. Make no mistake about it, I'm not a Mizzou fan. However, it is pretty apparent that the BCS committee wants the Big 12 and the SEC champion to play one another for the NC. Mizzou could really mess up their plan which I'm hoping happens because we seriously need a playoff.

I tend to think the Sooners will take TT and give Mizzou another smack down in the CC. I think the Sooners are :yeah the best team. But I think TX and TT are the next best teams in the conference. So MU goes to the CC game as the 4th best team in the conf which doesnt make a whole lotta sense :moreinteresting , IMO.

You guys have improved since the Missouri game for sure. You even may beat us next season, we lose three potential 1st round draft picks to the NFL next year. Jeremy Maclin- mr. everything, William Moore- free safety and Chase Coffman- tight end who may have the best hands for a big man on the planet.

Although Gabbert has all of the physical tools he is a sophomore with no experience and he will lose two stud receivers.

There will be serious growing pains for Mizzou next year. I just hope that we face Texas Tech for the Big 12 Championship this year. We simply don't match up well with Texas or Oklahoma.

I think it would be funny if MU did play TT and win the Big 12 Championship. Make no mistake about it, I'm not a Mizzou fan. However, it is pretty apparent that the BCS committee wants the Big 12 and the SEC champion to play one another for the NC. Mizzou could really mess up their plan which I'm hoping happens because we seriously need a playoff.

I tend to think the Sooners will take TT and give Mizzou another smack down in the CC. I think the Sooners are :yeah the best team. But I think TX and TT are the next best teams in the conference. So MU goes to the CC game as the 4th best team in the conf which doesnt make a whole lotta sense :moreinteresting , IMO.

I dont know.... I think tech is for real this year

Cy some of that is more than a little decieving. Considering Iowa St when for it on 4th down 3 time and 3 times they turned it over on downs. So to say they punted once is true, but doesnt tell the whole story. The avg runs looks good until you realize that it came when MU was up big and dropped in zone coverage. When Iowa St had to run on short yardage, they couldn't. St. rarely threw the ball further than 4 -5 yrds down field. they used bubble and quick screens the whole night. There were some bigger passes they threw, but the avg attempt went for 6 yrds. Not exactly shreding the middle of the field at 10-12 a pop. THe main thing is MU gives up a ton of yrds. They are like 7th or 8th in total D in the big 12. But they are 3rd in D scoring. They give up a ton and plays and yards, not many scores. (iowa st. had 77 plays saturday) This game was never close. It was over when the MU buses showed up in Ames.

I dont really think that NU's D line has improved that much, they have just played the worst big 12 teams in sacks allowed and tackles for loss over the past 2 weeks. (9 of their 21 sacks on the season have come the last two weeks) NU has ZERO sacks against the 3 best teams they played. OU, TT & MU. BTW the only team D. Washington shreaded as much as Iowa St with his 11 carries for 128 yrs, was NE where he went for 139 on 14.

Plus you made one very key point. The NU secondary still sucks. Mu would score as easily and more often since everyone seems to agree NU would score more this time. Instead of playing the 4th quarter with backups, including the last 7 mins on the game with 3rd stringers, Mu would have hung another 14-21 pts on the board and left with 66-73 pts total.

I agree the game will be closer. But still a fairly easy win for MU. Atleast 14 pts. Probably more in the 21-24 range.

We almost took TT, we definitely could knock off Mizzou at this point; I think our D line could get some heat on Daniel at this point. Overall, I would say that Mizzou has the better team this year though, so they deserve to go to the CCG.

You know you're right Cy!

NU would beat us in a re-match and ISU actually beat us this past Saturday, scoreboards be damned.

Ludicrous.

IOWA = Idiots Out Walking Around

You do realize, of course, that the only reason Missouri exists is to keep residents of Arkansas from escaping don't you.... <_<

Looks like Iowa doesn't like MO more than NE doesn't like MO! :rollin

I dont know.... I think tech is for real this year

Yeah, they are solid, OU will have to come to play. But OU is in that invincible looking mode....hmmmmm.....on second though maybe OU will lose becuz they always lose when they are looking invincible. Sorta like USC.

(I still think OU wins ala revenge factor).

I think if we played the spring game again the White would beat the Red. Helu is playing better so is Paul and a few of the guys the white had on defense. Man that would be the stuff if that happened.

I also bet if we played FSU from 1993 we would win or Miami from 1983. I bet if we played Mizzou from 1997 they would beat us though. Jason Peter just isn't what he used to be. Damn Corby Jones.

We are playing better but we have not beat a single team all year that is worth a crap. That is the facts and there is no two ways about it. We played Tech close and that is great but how long can we hang our hat on that one? Mizzou beat us 52-17 and the last TD came in crap time. They beat the crap out of us and proved that they were the better team and would be if we played again. IMO Would it be closer I sure as hell hope so because it couldn't have been any worse.

I think if we played the spring game again the White would beat the Red. Helu is playing better so is Paul and a few of the guys the white had on defense. Man that would be the stuff if that happened.

I also bet if we played FSU from 1993 we would win or Miami from 1983. I bet if we played Mizzou from 1997 they would beat us though. Jason Peter just isn't what he used to be. Damn Corby Jones.

We are playing better but we have not beat a single team all year that is worth a crap. That is the facts and there is no two ways about it. We played Tech close and that is great but how long can we hang our hat on that one? Mizzou beat us 52-17 and the last TD came in crap time. They beat the crap out of us and proved that they were the better team and would be if we played again. IMO Would it be closer I sure as hell hope so because it couldn't have been any worse.

Hey, we beat KU and they're gonna be :w00t 6-6!!!

now there is no way this concept could have gone that far above your head....

You know you're right Cy!

NU would beat us in a re-match and ISU actually beat us this past Saturday, scoreboards be damned.

Ludicrous.

IOWA = Idiots Out Walking Around

You do realize, of course, that the only reason Missouri exists is to keep residents of Arkansas from escaping don't you.... <_<

Looks like Iowa doesn't like MO more than NE doesn't like MO! :rollin

That reminds me....If they were to remove the bottom two rows of counties from IA and add them to MO, you double the IQ of both states!!!!! Had to get that one in as a former resident of the "third" row of counties in IA!!