What if Freeman had come to Nebraska?

SkerMin8r

Good points...all of them. I think Callahan woulda red shirted him his first year...BUT...who knows. I still thnk Joe woulda made it as the started this year...becasue even if Freeman had been here last year it wouldn't have changed much. Maybe Keller doesn't come...BUT...I think Keller's dad certainly woulda been on the phone with Cally touting his son as the "second coming" and Callahan may have gone for that instead of an untested RS freshman...never really know I guess.

At any rate...I agree...I certainly wouldn't change the way it played out for anything.

Until the next to last game . . . and then to hold the ball on the tee for a kick-off . . . . one time

Apparently, the text was "We're not coming" and that was it. Freeman ran for his life all three years. Had he had a line to protect him, who knows. We will see what kind of qb he really is in the NFL. If he makes it, he is good; if not, then he came up short of the hype.

:nutz He will never make a roster in the NFL. Total loser in my book. Would have loved to seen BC's face when he got that text message though...bet he had that same stupid look as he did at the post-game pressers.

Who knows. Would he be a lock to beat out Witt or Lee? Would Keller come here with Freeman already here? Would Lee have even come here with Freeman here? Would Freeman been able to grasp the offense? Personally, I am glad he didn't come here. He has shown that he is not a great leader and is not very mentally tough, which is probably why he bailed in the first place.

and would any of that have mattered since nebraska's d went right into the gutter last year?

who knows?