What if Freeman had come to Nebraska?

SkerMin8r

I'm thinking he would have red shirted his first year (ZT's senior year). Then would have been 3rd on the depth chart last year, behind Keller and Ganz. And finally, he would have been Joe's backup this year.

I'm thinking he would have been the "heir apparent" for next year, which in my scenario would have made him a RS Junior, with 2 full years to prove himself. I can't help but think he would have set himself up for a run at the NFL far better had he come to NU.

What do you think?

Ah...come on...don't go "sour grapes". We all would have been...and were...thrilled that he was on his way here. I'm not necessarily disappointed about how things played out. I'm just sayin'...HAD he come here...I think he would have had a better chance for success. Instead...he bought what "Snake Oil Salesman" RP was sellin'...and...well...too bad for him....

Who knows. Would he be a lock to beat out Witt or Lee? Would Keller come here with Freeman already here? Would Lee have even come here with Freeman here? Would Freeman been able to grasp the offense? Personally, I am glad he didn't come here. He has shown that he is not a great leader and is not very mentally tough, which is probably why he bailed in the first place. Good luck to him in the NFL, but glad he didn't end up here. Ganz and Taylor had more guts and character in their pinkies than Freeman does in his whole body.

First, no sour grapes.... be like the players interviewed....they actually have no "ill-will", hell, Potter said he "likes" Freeman. .........

With that said, if he comes to NU, NO WAY does he redshirt with BC.... BC burnt redshirts on kids that didn't remotely have the hype of Freeman. He would have been BC's love-child. In turn, BC doesn't go get Keller, because no need to ...... Taylor plays, Freeman back up and starts last year as a true soph.... Ganz probably sees writing on wall and may transfer druing his soph. season....After BC is fired, Freeman, still with a redshirt, would have left anyways, and had two years to play elsewhere, leaving us with no one for this season.

Obviously, all hypothetical (which is what this entire thread is), but possible. Things happen for a reason !!!!!

I loved Taylor and think Ganz is the most underrated QB in the country. We will miss Ganz/Swift and will talk about them for years to come... Good luck to Freeman as he leaves for NFL. I would have been happy to have him, but I am glad to have the men we have RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

If he comes here I think Ganz, is his backup. There is no need for Keller so he goes else where. But from what we have all seen from Freeman he seems to lack that extra something that you need from a QB.

I think we should take some solice that he didn't come. Challahan would probably still be our coach. Last year we could have been 8-4 7-5.

With hindsight being 20/20, Challahan would have been exposed either way he just could have had an extra year to dig us further down.

KSU 08= Capable offense with Zero defense. Look Familiar.

How would the dominoes have fallen had that alternate universe scenario played out? Keller wouldn't have been pursued because he was a B plan after Freeman bailed. Maybe Beck wouldn't have left and Callahan adopted a 2 QB system showcasing his highly touted QBs. Maybe Callahan eeks out a win or two more a year and eats away at the Nebraska culture and traditions for a few more years. I shudder at the thought.

Who knows. Would he be a lock to beat out Witt or Lee? Would Keller come here with Freeman already here? Would Lee have even come here with Freeman here? Would Freeman been able to grasp the offense? Personally, I am glad he didn't come here. He has shown that he is not a great leader and is not very mentally tough, which is probably why he bailed in the first place. Good luck to him in the NFL, but glad he didn't end up here. Ganz and Taylor had more guts and character in their pinkies than Freeman does in his whole body.

:yeah

Anyone's guess on this one. We will never know...and most will never care. dedhoarse

Good points...all of them. I think Callahan woulda red shirted him his first year...BUT...who knows. I still thnk Joe woulda made it as the started this year...becasue even if Freeman had been here last year it wouldn't have changed much. Maybe Keller doesn't come...BUT...I think Keller's dad certainly woulda been on the phone with Cally touting his son as the "second coming" and Callahan may have gone for that instead of an untested RS freshman...never really know I guess.

At any rate...I agree...I certainly wouldn't change the way it played out for anything.

Good points...all of them. I think Callahan woulda red shirted him his first year...BUT...who knows. I still thnk Joe woulda made it as the started this year...becasue even if Freeman had been here last year it wouldn't have changed much. Maybe Keller doesn't come...BUT...I think Keller's dad certainly woulda been on the phone with Cally touting his son as the "second coming" and Callahan may have gone for that instead of an untested RS freshman...never really know I guess.

At any rate...I agree...I certainly wouldn't change the way it played out for anything.

I'm proud of the QB's we have. Personally, I think Freeman could've been a very special QB if he had gone somewhere other than KSU. He certainly showed flashes, but for some reason, could'nt do it consistently.