WHo was the BEST NU QB ever?

My wife and I were talking about Nebraska QBs. She grew up in Lincoln, attended grad school at NU,a nd is one of the most knowledgeable women I know when it comes to football and I should know because I'm a former football coach. I asked her who was the best NU QB ever, and without hesitation, she said Tommie Frazier. I questioned her about Jerry Tagge, Eric Crouch, even Scott Frost and Turner Gill. She said overall, even though he had some exceptional company, Tommie Frazier, hands down. Comments?

Crouch or Frazier...hands down.

Tagge was kind of old style, and he had a great supporting cast around him with Kinney and Johnny the Jet. Johnny would have never won the Heisman though if Tagge couldn't get him the ball. It wasn't all just kick returns.

Crouch and Frazier were both good leaders, and both great athletes with a lot of determination to win which carried over to the offenses.

Not sure how Frazier would do in today's passing offenses...I think Crouch could have held his own as Ganz does with a lot of short passes. But I do think both would have been good at running an option/pass type offense, but would probably need better receivers than they had for the most part.

i'm still confused as to how he never won the heisman?

anyone care to explain?

East Coast bias.

That's funny: whenever I ask my wife why NU doesn't get the respect it deserves, she ALWAYS says it's because of an east coast bias. I'm orginally from Virginia (we live in KY now...freakin' SEC territory) which is ACC land. Maybe she's right. We certainly never saw NU on the television unless it was some big game while I was growing up.