WHo was the BEST NU QB ever?

Crouch or Frazier...hands down.

Tagge was kind of old style, and he had a great supporting cast around him with Kinney and Johnny the Jet. Johnny would have never won the Heisman though if Tagge couldn't get him the ball. It wasn't all just kick returns.

Crouch and Frazier were both good leaders, and both great athletes with a lot of determination to win which carried over to the offenses.

Not sure how Frazier would do in today's passing offenses...I think Crouch could have held his own as Ganz does with a lot of short passes. But I do think both would have been good at running an option/pass type offense, but would probably need better receivers than they had for the most part.

Frazier actually had a better(stronger and more accurate) arm than Crouch. If it wasn't for the blood clot, he would have been drafted and could have turned out to be a pretty decent mobile QB.

Let's not go the bias route. Even with injury shortened seasons and deceptively modest statistics, Tommy Frazier is a college football legend. Even to the guys on ESPN.

And speaking of ESPN, which pitted the '71 Huskers against the '95 Huskers for greatest college team ever, I'm not sure either team would beat those '83 Huskers. That team was enough of a juggernaut to make the cover of Time Magazine. If one incompletion had been a reception, that team would have been top of the mix and we'd be elevating Turner Gill in this discussion. He was a helluva team leader, a better passer if not quite the rusher Tommy Frazier was.

And again, God love Eric Crouch but he was not a good passer. Not even close. Leadership looms huge in the discsussion, but the ability to throw the ball is a key attribute for a quarterback.

Also, give him two full years and even a 50th ranked defense and Joe Ganz gets to enter the discussion.

It's hard to pick, NU has REALLY fielded some champions in the QB slot. But, I think: Frazier. I still remember my dad talking about this 'first year / freshman QB' that Dr. Tom thought would be a good fit in NU's game plan. My Lord, the kid started playing RIGHT out of high school for us! How many QB's do that with any success? Not detracting from any of the other names mentioned, they were ALL super competitors and had the NU Drive that makes Nebraska football what I revere... GO BIG RED! (and don't forget; it's GANZ / SWIFT for the next presidential ticket...!)

...If one incompletion had been a reception, that team would have been top of the mix and we'd be elevating Turner Gill in this discussion. He was a helluva team leader, a better passer if not quite the rusher Tommy Frazier was...

:yeah

Not to mention he was the coach tutoring TF to greatness...