WHo was the BEST NU QB ever?

Depends on what you mean by the best QB at Nebraska.

Tommy would come to mind, because of his winning. But if you are talking about the position of QB he is most likely 4th or below.

Tagge, Veragamo(spelling), Humm, Gill would be ahead of him as far as talent to play anywhere. He fit the mold for what Tom wanted and did a great job as running back, throwing the ball. Not a real QB in the viewed sense of the position.

Best NU QB ever???

Hmmm.... Has to be Frazier. Tough. Durable. Absolute leader and willed the team down the field. Got in the opponent's head, too.

I think of it this way: If there's a 4th and 20 that we've GOT to have, who would I want taking the ball?

1. Frazier

2. Frost

3. Gill

4. Ferragamo

5. Tagge

6. Crouch

Joe Ganz in that situation, seriously. How many long 3rd downs has that guy gotten. In a few years, we will look back at him and marvel at his accuracy. It is uncanny, too bad for him he is playing at the same time as McCoy, Bradford, Harrell, Daniel, and Reesing.

However, Tommie Frazier is the greatest QB of all time at NU. Nothing else matters but winning in sports, and he won more than any body else. Plus, I was at the '95 KU game when he made like 7 people miss on a run down to the 2 yard line. Not run through, not run over, not run by; made them miss. Looked like Barry Sanders. You tube that run and you can't even discuss anyone else.

edit: add my pick for greatest

Best NU QB ever???

Hmmm.... Has to be Frazier. Tough. Durable. Absolute leader and willed the team down the field. Got in the opponent's head, too.

I think of it this way: If there's a 4th and 20 that we've GOT to have, who would I want taking the ball?

1. Frazier

2. Frost

3. Gill

4. Ferragamo

5. Tagge

6. Crouch

Joe Ganz in that situation, seriously. How many long 3rd downs has that guy gotten. In a few years, we will look back at him and marvel at his accuracy. It is uncanny, too bad for him he is playing at the same time as McCoy, Bradford, Harrell, Daniel, and Reesing.

However, Tommie Frazier is the greatest QB of all time at NU. Nothing else matters but winning in sports, and he won more than any body else. Plus, I was at the '95 KU game when he made like 7 people miss on a run down to the 2 yard line. Not run through, not run over, not run by; made them miss. Looked like Barry Sanders. You tube that run and you can't even discuss anyone else.

edit: add my pick for greatest

I think Ganz has surpassed all those guys in at least passing yds...in only 14 games....of course we rarely passed in those dys.

Depends on what you mean by the best QB at Nebraska.

Tommy would come to mind, because of his winning. But if you are talking about the position of QB he is most likely 4th or below.

Tagge, Veragamo(spelling), Humm, Gill would be ahead of him as far as talent to play anywhere. He fit the mold for what Tom wanted and did a great job as running back, throwing the ball. Not a real QB in the viewed sense of the position.

Well, the question was "Best NU QB", not "QB who could excel at any program, any offense". No way that "Veragamo" (sheesh!) or Humm are ahead of Frazier in the NU offense.