Next Season

There's so many bad opinions in this thread, I don't even know where to start!

All I will say is that VT should not have beat us this season, and we will be markedly better next season, soooooo mark down a W there!

It is incredibly sad to see the same doom and gloom predictions again. Ecspecialy since we haven't even finished THIS season yet! Do the wheels some how fall off during the off season or what? You don't think this D will be lightyears ahead of where we started this season? Or where we are now for that matter!

As for the worry that losing Ganz and Swift will just ruin this offense, lots of us thought the same after Taylor left, then again after Purify last season. Oh we of little faith!

This team has now found it's identity, and will only improve over the spring, and by this time next year many of you could be eating crow! AGAIN!!!

So to answer the question, YES, I think we have a really good shoot at the north next year. Upwards and onward boys!!!

How did we do the following year after Taylor left? Yeah, that's right we stayed home for the holidays. How did we do after Frazier and Berringer left? We laid an egg to Arizona State and then lost to Texas. While the 96's season record would be great today, it was a pretty big let down at the time. How did we do following Frost's last year? We lost 4 games. How did we do after losing Crouch? Yeah, that's right we lost 7 games. I don't care what anyone says, losing your starting QB and replacing them with someone who has little if any game experience will cost some wins. Even Frazier laid an egg against Iowa State his first year starting.

Most teams struggle when they lose their starting QB to a QB with little to no experience. OU had an un-OU like season following Bomar's dismissal. LSU this year hasn't faired well after dismissing their QB. Florida didn't waltz right in and win their 2nd NC even though Tebow did have quite a bit of experience in his first year starting. Replacing a WR or RB is much easier than replacing a QB because the QB touches the ball every single snap. Heck, replacing a WR or RB is most of the time easier than replacing a center. No matter who the QB is next year, we are going to experience some growing pains next year especially in the early games. This doesn't mean we don't win the North, but to think there won't be any drop off next year offensively is absurd. Even Ganz didn't start putting big numbers up this season until after the Mizzou game even though he had some starts under his belt last year.

I think Ganz was averaging nearly 400 yds passing/game in his 3.5 starts last year. Ok, well he had been in the system for a few years, but had very little game experience before he got thrown to the wolves.

Also, how about Terelle Pryor at OSU? Now, he has a very good team around him, espcially the D which is one of the best in the country. But Pryor is doing pretty darn good as a true freshman(?).

Yea, there will be a drop off at QB, but I think his supporting cast will be better and our D should be stronger and maybe a difference maker for us next year.

It appears like Witt will be the starter and he looks like a pretty heady QB that may do better than we expect.

If Green comes in and blows everybody away, all the better.

I see us @ 8 wins minimum and vying with Mizzou for the North title.

LOL!!! :clap:LOLtartar Zebop, you've made your kool-aid too strong! Put it down before someone gets hurt!! :nutz That's the most uninformed post I've ever read on this forum!! Comparing Ohio State and Pryor to Ganz!?!?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Now that's hilarious!! Two completely different teams/systems/programs, you name it!! Lets just look at it like this young uninformed ZeBop, Nebraska is not Ohio State!! Ohio State has BETTER players around Mr. Pryor that allow him to make more mistakes. They help cover up his youth and inexperience. News Falsh-Ohio State has one of the most experienced teams in the country!! They can start a freshman and still win consistantly. Also, last time I checked, NU doesn't have a QB as highly touted as Pryor. THE GUY WAS THE #1 overall recruit this year for christ's sake!!

You need some educating son, cause your NU degree isn't workin! :rollin

All I will say is that VT should not have beat us this season, and we will be markedly better next season, soooooo mark down a W there!

It is incredibly sad to see the same doom and gloom predictions again. Ecspecialy since we haven't even finished THIS season yet! Do the wheels some how fall off during the off season or what? You don't think this D will be lightyears ahead of where we started this season? Or where we are now for that matter!

As for the worry that losing Ganz and Swift will just ruin this offense, lots of us thought the same after Taylor left, then again after Purify last season. Oh we of little faith!

This team has now found it's identity, and will only improve over the spring, and by this time next year many of you could be eating crow! AGAIN!!!

So to answer the question, YES, I think we have a really good shoot at the north next year. Upwards and onward boys!!!

How did we do the following year after Taylor left? Yeah, that's right we stayed home for the holidays. How did we do after Frazier and Berringer left? We laid an egg to Arizona State and then lost to Texas. While the 96's season record would be great today, it was a pretty big let down at the time. How did we do following Frost's last year? We lost 4 games. How did we do after losing Crouch? Yeah, that's right we lost 7 games. I don't care what anyone says, losing your starting QB and replacing them with someone who has little if any game experience will cost some wins. Even Frazier laid an egg against Iowa State his first year starting.

Most teams struggle when they lose their starting QB to a QB with little to no experience. OU had an un-OU like season following Bomar's dismissal. LSU this year hasn't faired well after dismissing their QB. Florida didn't waltz right in and win their 2nd NC even though Tebow did have quite a bit of experience in his first year starting. Replacing a WR or RB is much easier than replacing a QB because the QB touches the ball every single snap. Heck, replacing a WR or RB is most of the time easier than replacing a center. No matter who the QB is next year, we are going to experience some growing pains next year especially in the early games. This doesn't mean we don't win the North, but to think there won't be any drop off next year offensively is absurd. Even Ganz didn't start putting big numbers up this season until after the Mizzou game even though he had some starts under his belt last year.

I think Ganz was averaging nearly 400 yds passing/game in his 3.5 starts last year. Ok, well he had been in the system for a few years, but had very little game experience before he got thrown to the wolves.

Also, how about Terelle Pryor at OSU? Now, he has a very good team around him, espcially the D which is one of the best in the country. But Pryor is doing pretty darn good as a true freshman(?).

Yea, there will be a drop off at QB, but I think his supporting cast will be better and our D should be stronger and maybe a difference maker for us next year.

It appears like Witt will be the starter and he looks like a pretty heady QB that may do better than we expect.

LOL!!! :clap:LOLtartar Zebop, you've made your kool-aid too strong! Put it down before someone gets hurt!! :nutz That's the most uninformed post I've ever read on this forum!! Comparing Ohio State and Pryor to Ganz!?!?!?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Now that's hilarious!! Two completely different teams/systems/programs, you name it!! Lets just look at it like this young uninformed ZeBop, Nebraska is not Ohio State!! Ohio State has BETTER players around Mr. Pryor that allow him to make more mistakes. They help cover up his youth and inexperience. News Falsh-Ohio State has one of the most experienced teams in the country!! They can start a freshman and still win consistantly. Also, last time I checked, NU doesn't have a QB as highly touted as Pryor. THE GUY WAS THE #1 overall recruit this year for christ's sake!!

It appears that they need to stress reading comprehension in Kansas. Seriously, can you even read? Use context clues, he was talking about Cody Green. Who, by the way, has a great chance of being the number 1 dual threat QB coming out just like Pryor.

Learn the English language before you spew you're bullsh#t on here.

We need a 'KU Sucks' emoticon.......

JGS... you of ALL PEOPLE have no room what-so-ever to talk about the whole "delusional fanbase" comment directed towards zeBOP.. do you remember this thread??

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry336418

but yes, it's only the husker fans drinking the kool aid... well, at least we have a REASON to.. we have a coach that is proving he is doing what he was brought in to do and that's improve the defense. our offense hasn't disappointed in any way at all... so please, don't bring up the delusional fan thing again unless you would like to drag yourself into the conversation.

thanks.

JGS... you of ALL PEOPLE have no room what-so-ever to talk about the whole "delusional fanbase" comment directed towards zeBOP.. do you remember this thread??

but yes, it's only the husker fans drinking the kool aid... well, at least we have a REASON to.. we have a coach that is proving he is doing what he was brought in to do and that's improve the defense. our offense hasn't disappointed in any way at all... so please, don't bring up the delusional fan thing again unless you would like to drag yourself into the conversation.

thanks.

Yeah, that thread went on and on. There was another one that seemed to go thru the entire summer.

It appears that they need to stress reading comprehension in Kansas. Seriously, can you even read? Use context clues, he was talking about Cody Green. Who, by the way, has a great chance of being the number 1 dual threat QB coming out just like Pryor.

Learn the English language before you spew you're bullsh#t on here.

You're joking..right? Green isn't in Pryor's league! Take your own advice pal!!

thanks.

I never said your defense wasn't improving, I just pointed out the fact that once NU starts to do anything remotely good, fans on here (ZeBop) start pounding their chest and proclaiming Big 12 North titles, when your team is clearly another 2 years from that. Truth hurts sometimes Husker Fans. ZeBop proclaimed a North title for NU next year. That's the most delusional statement I've ever heard, especially considering the players you lose on both sides of the ball. It all starts at QB and no matter how good the new guy was in high school he'll sti;; have a learning curve. Go ask Notre Dames Highly touted recruit of all recruit QB's. They don't all pan out ya know! <_<

thanks.

Oh, and Kyle Wright called (former QB of the Miami Hurricanes and the #2 overall player out of high school, according to rivals. He concurs with my last statement. To proclaim a North title with a do dumb freshman QB is retarded at best.

I never said your defense wasn't improving, I just pointed out the fact that once NU starts to do anything remotely good, fans on here (ZeBop) start pounding their chest and proclaiming Big 12 North titles, when your team is clearly another 2 years from that. Truth hurts sometimes Husker Fans. ZeBop proclaimed a North title for NU next year. That's the most delusional statement I've ever heard, especially considering the players you lose on both sides of the ball. It all starts at QB and no matter how good the new guy was in high school he'll sti;; have a learning curve. Go ask Notre Dames Highly touted recruit of all recruit QB's. They don't all pan out ya know! <_<

thanks.

We will be just fine at QB.. we were all wondering what was going to happen when Keller went down.

I dont think it is delusional at all to say we could win the north and contend for a title . Tell me who is going to be better and why.. Mizzou loses their qb and more than likely Maclin to the pros their d was never stellar.

Kansas.. well we have seen a pattern...

Kstate, ISU, CU..... Ok They worry me... :sarcasm

I dont thinks its koolaid or anything else. All that I am saying is we have as good of a chance at the division title as anyone in the north next season..

thanks.

Nebraska having a chance at a NORTH TITLE in 2009 is not as dillusional as saying KU would go 2-1 against the south in 08. Not even close. KU played the cupcake side of the south last year, en route to a 11-1 finish. Everyone knows KU's schedule was pathetic. Nebraska has actually played a decent schedule. Close game vs Va Tech, Close game @ TTech, then the losses to MU and OU, plus, as it would seem a "great win" against your amazing J-Hawks. Not to mention, MU loses their QB also, and probably Maclin also, since he has the option to leave. The north is still a ways away from the south. Yes, the QB position will be a tough one to fill, but i think our defense will be just fine. Our wideouts that we have are probably more talented than the ones starting right now. They may not have the intagibles right now, but they will learn. You saying that ZeBop saying NU will win the north is the most dilusional statement ever is the same as saying ISU will win the north next year. It's not true. No where near true.

thanks.

Nebraska having a chance at a NORTH TITLE in 2009 is not as dillusional as saying KU would go 2-1 against the south in 08. Not even close. KU played the cupcake side of the south last year, en route to a 11-1 finish. Everyone knows KU's schedule was pathetic. Nebraska has actually played a decent schedule. Close game vs Va Tech, Close game @ TTech, then the losses to MU and OU, plus, as it would seem a "great win" against your amazing J-Hawks. Not to mention, MU loses their QB also, and probably Maclin also, since he has the option to leave. The north is still a ways away from the south. Yes, the QB position will be a tough one to fill, but i think our defense will be just fine. Our wideouts that we have are probably more talented than the ones starting right now. They may not have the intagibles right now, but they will learn. You saying that ZeBop saying NU will win the north is the most dilusional statement ever is the same as saying ISU will win the north next year. It's not true. No where near true.

Did I say we would outright win the North? I thought I said it would be between us and MU.... Of course I am biased to Big Red. :w00t:power