Next Season

Not worried a ton about Mizzou next year. They replace 12 starters to graduation and could potentially lose Maclin and Weatherspoon as early entries.

Kansas will return dang near everything on their offense. Reesing, Sharp, Briscoe, Meier will all be back. Not good. However, they graduate half their defense with 3 of those being Mortensen, Rivera and Holt.

The big two things with us will be if Suh returns and if one of our QBs finally steps up and begins to shine over the other. I know Suh said he will return, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If just those two things work themselves out, I can definitely see us battling Kansas for the B12 North. Although I don't know how much fun it will be to play a Texas, Oklahoma or Oklahoma State next year if we made it to the B12 title game.

I'm going to say 9-3, with losses to Va Tech, Oklahoma, and either Mizzou or Texas Tech (We'll win one of those games, hopefully we beat Mizzou).

How does everyone feel about the possibility of a dual qb rotation next year with Witt or Lee, and with Cody Green gettin regular reps? I really see Cody Green being the "Next Great Husker". The way our offense has changed, it fits him perfectly. We have a short to intermediate passing game, but that could change depending on our personnel, and with all of our zone-read and options, Cody Green will have great success.

Another reason we need Cody Green to play next year is because we need a mobile QB who can escape the pass rush and move around in the pocket to buy time. Joe Ganz does this better than any other quarterback in the Big 12, and for the most part, it goes unnoticed. We've seen first hand what an immobile QB is limited to when faced with a pass rush (Sam Keller, Zac Taylor)

With Cody Green enrolling next month, it all depends on how quickly he can pick up the offense. We're going to have a very entertaining Spring season following this season.

Okay stop with the Cody Green thing. We all want him or whoever to succeed. But a freshman is not going to play like a senior. No matter how well it plays out in the brain.

Let it be. The QB spot will be pivotal next year. It'll take a few games, half the season, or the whole year to figure it out.

Things are good. They're going in the right direction. But still a few years away.

I'm going to say 9-3, with losses to Va Tech, Oklahoma, and either Mizzou or Texas Tech (We'll win one of those games, hopefully we beat Mizzou).

How does everyone feel about the possibility of a dual qb rotation next year with Witt or Lee, and with Cody Green gettin regular reps? I really see Cody Green being the "Next Great Husker". The way our offense has changed, it fits him perfectly. We have a short to intermediate passing game, but that could change depending on our personnel, and with all of our zone-read and options, Cody Green will have great success.

Another reason we need Cody Green to play next year is because we need a mobile QB who can escape the pass rush and move around in the pocket to buy time. Joe Ganz does this better than any other quarterback in the Big 12, and for the most part, it goes unnoticed. We've seen first hand what an immobile QB is limited to when faced with a pass rush (Sam Keller, Zac Taylor)

With Cody Green enrolling next month, it all depends on how quickly he can pick up the offense. We're going to have a very entertaining Spring season following this season.

Zac Taylor was lightyears ahead of Keller when it came to escaping the pocket, or at least moving period. Taylor had a lot of roll-outs, and he was really successful throwing on the move.

Florida Atlantic - WIN 35-17

Arkansas State - WIN 42-10

at Vtech - WIN 27-21

Louisiana Layette - WIN 36-13

at Missouri - WIN 34-24

Texas Tech - WIN 38-35

Iowa State -WIN 41-17

at Baylor - WIN 33-21

Oklahoma - LOSS 38-28

at Kansas - WIN 49-31

Kansas State -WIN 55-14

at Colorado - WIN 31-21

11-1 overall 7-1 big XII and north champs

I think next season will will be a good one for nebraska. don't know who will be QB but either Witt or Lee would do a good job plus watson will coach them up right. our Defense will be our strength along with our O-line. we return players that have seen quite a bit of action be it stepping in for injured players or just substitution time.

i think we go on to win the north. the only teams that could compete with us in the north are kansas and mizou. u can scratch mizzou off that list because they lose everybody on top of the fact they suck. Kansas is good but that defense has not shown improvement as the season wears on. Plus next season they lose a good one in Mike Rivera. The whole sched. sets up nice for the huskers and i hope we can pull out something close to what i projected here. GO BIG RED!!!!

:w00t

Florida Atlantic - WIN

Arkansas State - WIN

at Vtech - LOSS

Louisiana Layette - WIN

at Missouri - WIN

Texas Tech - WIN

Iowa State -WIN

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - WIN

Kansas State -WIN

at Colorado - WIN

10-2(7-1).

Big 12 North champs

We will play a easy slate of games next year.

I think we will have a shot at tech but will be tough and a loss, all other non conference games should be easy wins.

Missouri wont be the same team and neither will Texas tech.

then Baylor and the rest of the north teams we can just set it on cruise control.... :koolaid2:

WOW, except for VT we some face some pretty pud nonconf. teams.

Well, it all depends on our QB and WRs. Ganz, Swift and Peterson are pretty much the difference makers on our O. We have talent at WR but I'm kinda worried there. Breaking in a new QB, whoever that might be, is never easy no matter how talented the guy may be. Our D should be significantly stronger next year. West is doing pretty good at cb and we'll have Blue back, who is a very good player. We mostly need to address the safety play.

I think your pics are pretty good, but MO and TT will be the pivotal games. I think we take out KU since I don't think Reesing gives them the edge that KU Fan claims. Plus Briscoe is the only other guy you have to worry about on that team and he's just not enough, IMO. Sharp is grossly overrated, we have at least 3 backs better than him: Helu, Castille, and Mendoza.

So what I'm saying is MO is our main competitor for the North. TOSS up! They will have Gabbert who I think is gonna be good, maybe like Colt McCoy good in his first yr as a starter. But I think Witt or Green or Lee or Spano could be equally as effective for us. So I dunno there, it's close.

TT will be a toss up too. They'll just reload at QB I presume and I doubt Crabtree goes pro next year.

Baylor is an issue as well, but we should win.

9-3 is my prediction, with us winning one or the other of the TT/MO games. OU loss, and VT is also a swing game that could put us at 10-2 with a victory. I like our chances against them. :restore

Okay stop with the Cody Green thing. We all want him or whoever to succeed. But a freshman is not going to play like a senior. No matter how well it plays out in the brain.

Let it be. The QB spot will be pivotal next year. It'll take a few games, half the season, or the whole year to figure it out.

Things are good. They're going in the right direction. But still a few years away.

I think Green might very well pleasantly surprise us all and become a starter and T. Pryor type player for us. He's a great runner and better passer than Pryor. Just my take on it. :thumbs I mean, in all likelyhood Witt will be the starter since he's been playing and knows the system. But Green might have that 'X' factor. Don't count him out.

How about we finish this season first and than take next season one game at a time?

Ha! That's where I have a big advantage over everybody! My season ended back in September... <_<

2009 - Iowa State - 12-0 - Big 12 Champs - BCS Champion - Champion of the World - Champion of the Solar System - Champion of the Entire Universe!!!!

And I can say that right up until...say....next September and nobody can prove me wrong!