Pinkel gets BIG $$$ to...

fro daddy

STAY AT MISSOURI!!!!

YIPPIE!!!!

Missouri and its football coach, Gary Pinkel, have agreed in principle to a lucrative contract extension that will make him one of the highest-paid coaches in the country, according to sources.

"Basically, he'll be able to end his career at Missouri," a source close to the situation said.

The length of the deal is not known, but the extension will include a sizable raise for an annual salary of approximately $2.5 million.

Pinkel's name had been floated as a possible replacement for Ty Willingham at Washington, where Pinkel had served as an assistant coach under longtime Huskies coach Don James.

Although Pinkel is staying, a source close to the program said some of his longtime staff members are being eyed for other openings. Offensive coordinator Dave Christensen is a candidate at New Mexico, and defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus also could be courted by other schools.

Pat Forde is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Not that too many of you probably care. But this makes my day.

STAY AT MISSOURI!!!!

YIPPIE!!!!

Missouri and its football coach, Gary Pinkel, have agreed in principle to a lucrative contract extension that will make him one of the highest-paid coaches in the country, according to sources.

"Basically, he'll be able to end his career at Missouri," a source close to the situation said.

The length of the deal is not known, but the extension will include a sizable raise for an annual salary of approximately $2.5 million.

Pinkel's name had been floated as a possible replacement for Ty Willingham at Washington, where Pinkel had served as an assistant coach under longtime Huskies coach Don James.

Although Pinkel is staying, a source close to the program said some of his longtime staff members are being eyed for other openings. Offensive coordinator Dave Christensen is a candidate at New Mexico, and defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus also could be courted by other schools.

As we have all seen, contracts mean nothing. I dont know of many coaches who fulfill them or schools that allow the coach to fill them out. One of two things will happen 1) He tanks over the next few years and Mizzou fires him. 2) He does well and a better job opens up. Either way he aint staying through his contract and he aint going to finish his career there. The days of TO, Bowden, and Paterno are over.

Per ESPN

Although Pinkel is staying, a source close to the program said some of his longtime staff members are being eyed for other openings. Offensive coordinator Dave Christensen is a candidate at New Mexico, and defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus also could be courted by other schools

STAY AT MISSOURI!!!!

YIPPIE!!!!

Its the kiss of death Fro.... ;)

ok "fro daddy" why in god's green earth would you post this in a Husker forum? are you just really that ignorant?

I'm sure you belong to 5 other mizzou boards why not post this information there?

congrats to Mizzou coach though

well because it has been a point of discussion on this board since Washington became open. This is the only board i am a member of.

and because people like me...there

;)

STAY AT MISSOURI!!!!

YIPPIE!!!!

Its the kiss of death Fro.... ;)

I think they just wanted to put him above the fat man at kansas. They gave him a raise last year that made him the 3rd highest paid in the big 12. Then KU put 'joba the fat' above him. But now, the week leading into the KU game, he gets the raise to put him above the Mangina ;) Smells fishy...And I'm not talking about Mangino <_<

Now someone just needs to give Christensen a Head Coaching job.

Gary Pinkel is to Missouri what Dan Hawkins was to Boise State.

funny story, christensen is being looked at for the new mexio, washington, toledo jobs among others, and then the defensive cord is being looked at by other schools as well.

ok "fro daddy" why in god's green earth would you post this in a Husker forum? are you just really that ignorant?

I'm sure you belong to 5 other mizzou boards why not post this information there?

congrats to Mizzou coach though

well because it has been a point of discussion on this board since Washington became open. This is the only board i am a member of.

and because people like me...there

;)

We have to like him now???

;)