Bo Game?!?!?

Bo Game?!?!?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I have been doing some research on the bowl game projections and here is what I've seen.

Gator Bowl vs. Florida St. (CBSSports.com)

Insight Bowl vs. Minnesota (SportProjections.com)

Insight Bowl vs. Wisconsin (nbcsports.com)

Insight Bowl vs. Wisconsin (Bruce Feldman of espn.com)

Alamo vs. Northwestern (Mark Schlabach of espn.com)

Alamo vs. Northwestern (CollegeFootballNews.com

Sun vs. Cal (SI.com)

Sun vs. Cal (CollegeFootballPoll.com)

So I have broken it down to this the Huskers are going Texas (1.Insight tie 2. Alamo and Sun) and I will be right behind them. In the a rare case we head down to the Gator bowl, well let's thank the military for free flying privileges and my butt is head down to sunny Florida. And FYI there is like 5 or 6 people for where I work (Texas Roadhouse) that are willing to go, so its going to be a blast.

With Notre Dame losing vs. the Cuse and another L against USC, you might as well take out the Insight Bowl and Sun Bowls away from NU right now. Even if NU were to lose to CU, NU would probably fall no lower then the Alamo Bowl (It's either the Alamo or Gator for NU). With an NU loss, Mizzery and T. Boones U would then fill the Holiday and Gator bowls. I think I read somewhere that the Gator Bowl doesn't want a Big East Team this year-I think. Kansas is going to the Insight Bowl and CU would then either go to the Independance or Texas bowl with a W. When a Big 12 team goes to the Gator Bowl, the Sun bowl is not an option that year for the Big 12.

Oh screw it, just make sure NU wins on Friday and get's to 8-4 and then it will be either the Gator or Alamo. I'll be happy with either!!

We will have to wait till this week is over and see what the projections say...I'm not saying I agree with it I'm just saying this is the research I've done and most paths lead to Texas. But this could all change with a win. But we will have to wait till the week is over.

I'm still hoping we go to the Alamo bowl because that's an easier trip for me :clap:clap:clap

We will have to wait till this week is over and see what the projections say...I'm not saying I agree with it I'm just saying this is the research I've done and most paths lead to Texas. But this could all change with a win. But we will have to wait till the week is over.

I'm still hoping we go to the Alamo bowl because that's an easier trip for me :clap:clap:clap

LJS just did a quick look on this in their blog section, at this point you can count anything lower than the Sun Bowl out. ESPN and the others are way off base.

Trying to get some Insight on Husker bowl picture

While Notre Dame's loss on Saturday was viewed as a positive by Husker fans (seemingly putting Nebraska in prime position for a Gator Bowl bid), it's also got me trying to figure out what exactly might happen to Nebraska if it were to lose Friday.

I'm starting to wonder if the Insight Bowl comes back into play if Ralphie stuns Nebraska. Just consider that the Gator would probably not be inclined to take a 7-5 Nebraska team and neither would the Alamo Bowl. I don't think Nebraska can slip past the Sun Bowl, but there's a slim chance.

From my understanding, the Sun Bowl has to take a Big 12 team if the Gator doesn't. But if NU did lose Friday and the Gator selected another Big 12 team, suddenly the Sun might be presented with the option of taking Nebraska or Notre Dame. In that case, you wonder if Notre Dame isn't the pick by the Sun. Notre Dame has a strong representation of supporters down that way and bowls have that whole Notre Dame fascination no matter how bad the Irish are. (That would put NU on the Insight Bowl's radar.)

It gets kind of complicated here, however, because the Sun can't take the Irish over a Big East team if the conference produces at least six seven-win teams. Rutgers has a chance to become that sixth team this week. So if it's between Nebraska and a Big East team for the Sun, you got to think the pick is NU.

Nebraska's best bet: Take care of biz Friday, keep an eye open Saturday to make sure USC handles Notre Dame, and a trip to Jacksonville seems very likely.

Stewart Mandel did a good breakdown of the bowl situation for SI.com.

He projects Nebraska in the Gator Bowl against Georgia Tech. He has Florida State in the Chick-fil-A Bowl (formerly the Peach Bowl). The Chick-fil-A gets to pick its ACC team ahead of the Gator. It distresses me to a mild extent that the Peach Bowl is now called that but I'll try to carry on.

ESPN's "experts" put Nebraska in the Insight Bowl or Alamo. As shown here, the Insight is a real longshot, so take that opinion for what it's worth. And CBS Sportsline has the same Husker projection I'd make right now: NU versus Florida State in the Gator. We'll know soon enough.

And props to Turner Gill. Because Buffalo won its division in the MAC, the 7-4 Bulls are guaranteed a bowl game.

The Sun Bowl rep isn't even attending the NU-CU game because they know they have no shot at getting the Huskers(provided Nebraska wins). If the Huskers lose, I say Sun or Insight Bowl. If they win and the Big 12 gets 2 BCS teams(almost a certainty), Nebraska is going to the Gator Bowl(provided USC doesn't lay an egg against ND). Still lots of stuff up in the air.

Can we please stop with the “BO” stuff at the beginning of words? I “BO”lieve this has run its course however I may be alone on this one.

This is nothing against the original poster, I thought this when the OWH printed “BO” bound the day after the Kansas game.

To answer the question of which bowl I think we end up in I say the Gator BO.

Can we please stop with the “BO” stuff at the beginning of words? I “BO”lieve this has run its course however I may be alone on this one.

This is nothing against the original poster, I thought this when the OWH printed “BO” bound the day after the Kansas game.

To answer the question of which bowl I think we end up in I say the Gator BO.

yeah the Bo thing can get annoying, the only reason I say Bo game is because i said this at the Kansan game almost a month ago... i hope Florida loves there military too ( :cheers:wasted )