trick plays against CU??

np_husker

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Tricks with your leftover turkey?

You'll remember two years ago when Bill Callahan seemingly spent much of the day running tricks against Colorado in a 37-14 win. And about every one of them seemed to work.

There was a fake field goal. There was a fake on fourth down when everyone looked confused and then NU snapped the ball and ran for a first down. It was kind of a feel-good day for Callahan and the Husker football program.

Any of those tricks in Shawn Watson's bag? Joe Ganz smiled.

"We’re trying to do some things here and there," Ganz said. "I’m not going to divulge that information out. You’ll see some different things. You’ll see some different players in different spots. It should be fun. It will be a lot of fun. We still have a game to win, so we can’t be drawing plays up in the dirt out there. We still have our game plan, but you’ll see a couple plays out there that will be fun."

The senior quarterback also spoke yesterday about the zone read. It was last year against Colorado when Nebraska really starting running it, having much success with it in the early going.

"It’s hard on a defense. It’s kind of similar to the option where it makes them play fundamental sound defense," Ganz said. "It’s still tough because we can do a lot out of it because we’re i a lot of three-receiver sets. We can do a lot out of it in the passing game too. It helps keep the defense off-balance. We figured it worked pretty well last year against Colorado, and it’s one of the things I do pretty well is run with the ball."

Make no mistake, Ganz likes the chance to run the ball. He's one quarterback who doesn't mind taking some hits.

"I didn’t know it was going to be our go to staple type of run game. I didn’t know that," Ganz said. "I’m kind of glad that it is, because it has been good to me. It’s something that I enjoy. I feel like it helps me get more into the feel of the game. I feel more a part of the game."

Yeah that game was fun. It seemed like the only game Cally just let the guys have fun because Colorado was so overmatched. It was if Callahan was just laughing at them and toying with them like a cat with a ball of yarn.

I seem to recall a certain Nebraska game where the huskers were the yarn.

not so offensive when its your team doing it is it? :box

Yeah that game was fun. It seemed like the only game Cally just let the guys have fun because Colorado was so overmatched. It was if Callahan was just laughing at them and toying with them like a cat with a ball of yarn.

I personally don't care what other teams do against us when they are beating the crap out of us. when you get beat that badly, whats one score? What I don't get is why on earth you would use a fake kick type of play when you are up by so much? You save those things for the games when you NEED them. That extra few points against Nebraska didn't count against Texas or OSU. Doesn't offend me in anyway except in the I'm offended someone would do something that stupid sort of way.

First of all, there's a difference between toying with a team and running up the score.

Second of all, yeah it's more fun this way, but we're nice folks. We can give you guys an opportunity to feel good after the game every 50 years or so.