Former Cyclone, Stevie Hicks found Dead

Published Friday November 28, 2008

Former Prep, ISU player found dead

BY VIRGIL LARSON

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Former all-state football player Stevie Hicks died today after being found lying on Interstate 480 near downtown Omaha.

Police were investigating the death but released no details and gave no explanation of what may have happened.

Hicks, 25, was found about 8:30 a.m. on I-480 under the bridges that form the I-480 and North Freeway interchange, police said.

He was a Creighton Prep star and running back at Iowa State.

He was the Cyclones' top rusher three years running, despite injuries that limited him as a junior and senior. He rolled up 1,062 yards as a sophomore, 545 as a junior and 523 in his senior year, 2006.

At Creighton Prep he was twice named to The World-Herald's All-Nebraska team. He rushed for 1,818 yards and scored 17 touchdowns as a senior and had 1,220 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior.

Under I-480 Bridge found on Friday Morning? Blunt Force Trama from a fall? Sounds like someone was maybe out doing some Thanksgiving night partying and was walking...took a fall over the edge of the overpass there? About the only thing that would make sense off of that info.

Under I-480 Bridge found on Friday Morning? Blunt Force Trama from a fall? Sounds like someone was maybe out doing some Thanksgiving night partying and was walking...took a fall over the edge of the overpass there? About the only thing that would make sense off of that info.

I believe they were implicating an intended fall...Don't take that for fact by any means at this point though...