Nebraska Kids

Well now that you got what you wanted a buch of hits and comments on your subject here. I was just wondering where you sit on the same question? There has been some pretty darn goods points made, and now I am wondering where you sit. :dunno

I could careless how many in-state kids get scholarships

Like I said, I personally think the number is a non issue

Also I said I don’t care how many in-state kids we give scholarships to

Here are my views from my first 2 posts in this thread.

My beef isn’t the not taking of in-state kids; my thing is that there was an outcry against Billy C for not taking a set number of in-state kids (by a group of fans and former players) yet 2 of 18 gets a pass.

It's pretty obvious you're not concerned with how many instate kids get scholarship offers..But this is not the first thread you've started pointing out that we've treated Bo differently than Billy..

Why all the insistance in fair play? If you feel BC didn't get a fair shake, is it bothering you so much.. that you don't want others to give Bo one?

It's been 'splained to you by several posters that you cannot compare apples to banannas.

-------------------

I was wondering about something earlier tonight..

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that when BC brought the WCO to NU, a lot of schools in the area were switching to the WCO to help prepare the local kids for a more better chance at playing here at NU..or something like that.

What Offense are the High schools running now?

My thing with the whole treating Bo the same as Billy C. is this. When people were publicly complaining about things that Billy C. was doing like the Black Sweat-suits, or the F*n Hillbillies, or the supposed non-recruiting of in-state kids, or the wearing of non-Husker gear to press conferences I thought they were acting like boobs. Now that Bo has done some of those exact things or a variation of them I just want to know where those boobs are. Maybe some of them have moved on from this board and the group that went to Pud demanding things changed their tune since T.O. is around, I don’t know. These are the only reasons I bring things up like this. I just find it funny how some of the things people despised Callahan for Bo has done things very similar to yet nothing is said.

As far as your question about High Schools and their offenses, I don’t believe too many actually changed to a WCO. I think most of them are still running the offenses they have been for years. I could be wrong on this though because I don’t know what teams out West or outside of Omaha are doing.

Is there something wrong with getting kids to win games they should? No, he didn't do any of the aforementioned water walking or miracle working, but he got us to a new years day bowl, which the previous ding dong's failed to accomplish. Not too mention he did this with kids he did not recruit.

Again, that would be the Cotton Bowl, New Year's Day less than two years ago, coached by Bill Callahan, with a team of Juniors and Seniors recruited by Frank Solich, who had been criticized for his poor recruiting.

Just keepin' the perspective, folks.

You know, I bet all this "heat" wouldn't matter if Solich, Cally, and now Bo (give him a few years) busted out huge seasons...would anyone care who fills our roster if we go to NC games regularly, or contend for them?

You'd lose your bet. Solich did contend for a NC in 2001, and we lost to Miami. I believe we ended up #2 in the polls in 99'. How much bigger seasons did he need? It took TO a decade to play for his first NC. Carr was basically forced out at Michigan, and he won a NC. Fulmer was forced out at Tennessee and he won a trophy. It's all about what have you done for me today mentality in college football and pro for that matter. Let Mack Brown and Bob Stoops have a couple of bad to mediocre seasons before their heads are on the chopping block.

You know, I bet all this "heat" wouldn't matter if Solich, Cally, and now Bo (give him a few years) busted out huge seasons...would anyone care who fills our roster if we go to NC games regularly, or contend for them?

You'd lose your bet. Solich did contend for a NC in 2001, and we lost to Miami. I believe we ended up #2 in the polls in 99'. How much bigger seasons did he need? It took TO a decade to play for his first NC. Carr was basically forced out at Michigan, and he won a NC. Fulmer was forced out at Tennessee and he won a trophy. It's all about what have you done for me today mentality in college football and pro for that matter. Let Mack Brown and Bob Stoops have a couple of bad to mediocre seasons before their heads are on the chopping block.

I'm not sure about where you are going with Carr and Fulmer, but my response was for NU coaches taking heat for not recruiting alot of in-state kids.

Who were these people that were saying a certain number of in-state kids should be given scholarships each year? I don't remember reading anything like that. Doesn't mean it wasn't said, but how about you provide some names and we'll see what they say?

Since he knows his way around the board so well he could even link to the old posts.

Who were these people that were saying a certain number of in-state kids should be given scholarships each year? I don't remember reading anything like that. Doesn't mean it wasn't said, but how about you provide some names and we'll see what they say?

In 2004 there was a group of former players going by some name that went to Pud complaining about the Black sweatsuits and the number of in-state kids with other unNebraska things that Cally & Co. were doing. They went by some name with unity or some variation of the word in their name. Something to the effect of saving the past or something like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that remembers this happening.

the real question here is when does this end? what do you want?

World peace

No debt

Good health

No starving people

Better choices to run the free world

No Oprah, Rosie, etc. :steam

Kids that look up to good people instead of crappy famous ones :bang

No guns :confucius

The snow to stay away as long as possible

A bowl victory :woo

A soda :cheers

A solid win (which may go hand in hand with a bowl win) :koolaid2:

but most of all I want to dance. :corndance

As far as when does it end? That really isn't up to me or maybe it is. <_< If things are just viewed the same instead of treated differently :violin then I will stop but until that day I will continue on my one man march. :ph34r:

In 2004 there was a group of former players going by some name that went to Pud complaining about the Black sweatsuits and the number of in-state kids with other unNebraska things that Cally & Co. were doing. They went by some name with unity or some variation of the word in their name. Something to the effect of saving the past or something like that. I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that remembers this happening.

Still no idea what you're talking about. I still don't see any names or anyone else coming forward to support what you're saying. I'm still waiting.

Still no idea what you're talking about. I still don't see any names or anyone else coming forward to support what you're saying. I'm still waiting.

When real life stops getting in the way I will do some research so you can have the proof that you need. I know it sounds so far fetched and unlike disgruntled fans and former players to ever demand things from Pederson or Callahan.

For what it’s worth I still can’t believe I’m the only one that recalls there being a meeting where 2 of the main topics brought up were the Black sweat-suits and the recruiting of in-state players.