How will recruiting finish?

I have heard around 25 guys this year.

I assume that the staff is "saving" spots for guys like Ankrah, Charles, Heimuli, Burkhead, Giles, and McBruse.

I dont think we pick up all of them but safe bets are on guys like McBruse, Ankrah, and Heimuil from what I have heard.

What other positions do they recruit?

I have heard around 25 guys this year.

I assume that the staff is "saving" spots for guys like Ankrah, Charles, Heimuli, Burkhead, Giles, and McBruse.

I dont think we pick up all of them but safe bets are on guys like McBruse, Ankrah, and Heimuil from what I have heard.

What other positions do they recruit?

A Kicker?

Denver (Colo.) East High kicker and punter Zach Grossnickle has seen numerous college campuses for camps and unofficial visits over the past year, but last Friday he took in his first Husker game. He came away impressed with his time spent in Lincoln (Neb.).

I presume they are asking him to walkon, but I guess this year or next is time to start looking for one.

Well with Calaclown burning all the redshirts he did, that will help in the near future. (only upside I can think of with that shaddy clan)

Also, I'm not real concerned with this class. I think we have gotten commits from good quality players. Some of these kids look to have more raw ability than some of the kids that played this year. And this is not a knock on ANY of the current Huskers. But when I think of what Bo and company was able to do with a defense and some players that went through last year, the new talent + the coaching will work itself out. We have real potential comming in. Bo will get it done.

:corndance:corndance

NU to sign plenty for secondary

Nebraska's recent surge of commitments from defensive backs reflects a lack of secondary depth, first-year coach Bo Pelini said Monday.

NU has collected pledges in the past week from three cornerbacks — Lazarri Middleton of Long Beach, Calif., Dejon Gomes of San Francisco City College and Andrew Green of San Antonio.

"When I got in here, the numbers were staggeringly down," Pelini said. "When you play in this conference, with all the spread (offense), you've got to have some depth there. We felt like we had to have some numbers there."

The Huskers' recruiting class of 2009 includes six projected defensive backs among its 21 known members. One of the defensive backs, Pelini said, probably won't make it to Nebraska.

"When I first looked at that board when I got here, we had like three corners," he said. "That was concerning to me, so we've been trying to fix that problem."

Pelini said he expected the Huskers to take "a couple more" commitments before signing day on Feb. 4.

"We're going to oversign a little bit," he said. "We're trying to figure that all out, with injuries. There are a number of things going on there."

OWH