Gator Bowl Analysis and Prediction

Enhance

suh hospitalizes a player- he won't mean to, but he will.

Ganzinator has a near career day in his last appearance as a husker and wins the game ball.

the skers have the game in hand before the fourth quarter.

a ten point neb victory.

BEAT CLEMSON!!

We did just give up 31 to Colorado.....so 41 is not all that outrageous...

That said, I think our D actually matches up pretty well, since Clemson is mainly a running team. If they were more passing oriented, I'd be worried. Like most games, I think this one's gonna be decided in the trenches, and I think we have a slight advantage there on both sides of the ball. We also have a clear advantage at QB. Advantages at OL, DL, QB, we really should win this one. As far as score, I expect a low-scoring game where we run the ball a lot....24-10

We did just give up 31 to Colorado.....so 41 is not all that outrageous...

That said, I think our D actually matches up pretty well, since Clemson is mainly a running team. If they were more passing oriented, I'd be worried. Like most games, I think this one's gonna be decided in the trenches, and I think we have a slight advantage there on both sides of the ball. We also have a clear advantage at QB. Advantages at OL, DL, QB, we really should win this one. As far as score, I expect a low-scoring game where we run the ball a lot....24-10

Well reasoned. I agree with the spread and the rationale that you posit for the score --- but I will add 10 points to each score

NU 34-20

I think a misconseption you guys have is that Clemson is a run first team. Yes, we do run the ball but I would say since Dabo Swinney took over that we pass the ball much more. Davis will get 10-15 carries and Spiller will get around 10. With your D's strength being weakness I expect us to throw the ball alot early to set up the run. We will find different ways to get the ball in Spiller & Ford's hands through the passing game. I also see your DB's having a very difficult time matching up with a 6'5" Aaron Kelly. I would compare NU's defense to Boston College who we beat this year. Big & physical up front with some future NFL guys with a back 7 that is a little suspect.

Your defense will probably be able to move the ball through short intermediate routes but it will be hard to break any big plays through the air. I will say that your offense has not faced a defense with the speed and athleticism we have outside of VT. I would even say that our D is better than VT's this year. Our DB's will give your WR's problems. From what I have seen your WR is not very athletic and lacks speed. I suspect that NU will have success running the ball.

Like I have said before, this will be a close physical game between two good teams.

Clemson 24 Nebraska 20

I think a misconseption you guys have is that Clemson is a run first team. Yes, we do run the ball but I would say since Dabo Swinney took over that we pass the ball much more. Davis will get 10-15 carries and Spiller will get around 10. With your D's strength being weakness I expect us to throw the ball alot early to set up the run. We will find different ways to get the ball in Spiller & Ford's hands through the passing game. I also see your DB's having a very difficult time matching up with a 6'5" Aaron Kelly. I would compare NU's defense to Boston College who we beat this year. Big & physical up front with some future NFL guys with a back 7 that is a little suspect.

Your defense will probably be able to move the ball through short intermediate routes but it will be hard to break any big plays through the air. I will say that your offense has not faced a defense with the speed and athleticism we have outside of VT. I would even say that our D is better than VT's this year. Our DB's will give your WR's problems. From what I have seen your WR is not very athletic and lacks speed. I suspect that NU will have success running the ball.

Like I have said before, this will be a close physical game between two good teams.

Clemson 24 Nebraska 20

What? :dumdum

Clemson 24 Nebraska 20

ummm, Okla homos

IMO, the key to this game is your O vs. our D. I'm not so quick to believe you'll run the ball all that effectively. We have a pretty nasty D line, that stops the run pretty well. Our secondary is second to none. Theres alot of depth back there, so we do alot of rotating guys in and out. The short intermediate routes is where you will find the success, especially over the middle. Our linebackers are young and like to overpursue and get out of position. I think the key for Nebraska will be keying on these short routes.

Offensively, we'll get our points. There's too much speed there for us not to score a few TD's.

In the end, I think we'll see a defensive battle.

24-21 Clemson (I hope) :horns2

Clemson 24 Nebraska 20

I think your right, it'll be physical and close. But CU's passing attack isn't near what say Texas Tech's is, and Bo and company had that game planned pretty well. Execution will be our key.

I am not real worried about us not breaking big plays. That is not our montra, we just chew clock and drive the field with short gains. We will be just fine, although it would be nice to have Glenn at LB for his speed. But i think that is out of the question. My guess NU 34 - CU 27.

NU will have a couple boneheaded plays that make you go '"DOH!!" but they will take control in the 2nd half an win by a couple TD's. I look for Ganz to have a really solid game.

NU 38

CU 24

DOH! is right, man our secondary needs to finish out the year strong and quit giving up the long ball :madash:madash Hopefully like other have said, Clemson's "O" is not on the field long enough to do any serious damage, but I have plenty of time to get all of this :koolaid2: in our system :cheers

I expect us to throw the ball alot early to set up the run. We will find different ways to get the ball in Spiller & Ford's hands through the passing game.

This does worry me if they run some play action that we will give up a couple of big plays.

I will say that your offense has not faced a defense with the speed and athleticism we have outside of VT.

I think you are forgetting an Oklahoma team that we played on Nov. 1. They are kind of a big deal, if you know what I mean. And they are MUCH better and faster than VT was. We hung with VT pretty well, if it wasn't for some bone-head penalties at the end of the game it maybe would have turned out differently. We have also learned a lot since that point in the season.

Good Luck and GBR!!!!