Shawn Watson interviews for New Mexico job

If he interviews for somewhere else they he isnt committed to the program and should leave anyway.

Really????

Every coach in Osborne's era interviewed for other jobs, including Osborne himself. Should they all have left? Its a part of the profession... get over it. Everyone of these guys will interview for a job sometime somewhere. It is also a way of making connections for these guys. In case their ever without a job and need one, they have that many more connections.

I am also willing to bet that you have interviewed for another job at one point or another while working for your employer. You guys are way overboard on this. It happens all the time... not just in the coaching profession.

By the way... didn't we have something like the 9th ranked offense in the country this year. With the overall talent that we had on the offense that is a decent place to end up in the rankings. Sure wasn't just because of the other offensive coaches we ended up there. A lot of the credit goes to Watson. I truly believe that some on this board will never let the fact that he coached at Colorado go. JMO!!!

I will stand up and say that I want him to STAY,and I am very hopeful that he will!!!

Since you know me so well ill take that bet.

Seriously who cares if he goes?

I hope he stays but really is he the only one that could coach that offense?

Nope no hes not so big deal if he moves on.

IF and only if Watson leaves, I would like to see Gene Suhr from DII Wayne State(hence the Nebraska ties) come on board...he runs a VERY efficient version of the West Coast with Silas Fluellen at QB, and basically one decent reciever...check out the stats for WSC's offenses the past 2 years since he's come on board there.

Yes, i know DII isnt the same as DI...BUT...scheme-wise Watson and Suhr are very similar, and i think that not only would he help with stability in being from Nebraska, but it would be an easy learning curve for the current and in-coming players.

..just my 2 cents

ESPN just reported that Gill is interviewing with Auburn. That would be quite a jump for him. Good luck Gill!!

I think Gill would be great there...I wish him all the luck in the world getting that job and being successful with it. He will always be a Husker...that is the great thing. :clap

ESPN just reported that Gill is interviewing with Auburn. That would be quite a jump for him. Good luck Gill!!

I think Gill would be great there...I wish him all the luck in the world getting that job and being successful with it. He will always be a Husker...that is the great thing. :clap

Geez I don't know, Auburn is a big time pressure cooker with Nick Saban staring at you just down the road. Plus Tubberville is an extremely hard act to follow, one of the best coaches, IMO--AU is making a big mistake in getting rid of him. I mean, they are looking at a MI type scenario for the next few years no matter how you slice it.

Just not sure if Turner has the mojo for that job/environment at this point.

I think Syracuse is a better fit.

:sarcasm Not one to pat myself on the back, but it's kind of funny that the 2 coaches that I said a "source" had told my wife were probably going to be gone, are the 2 that have interviewed at other jobs.

Man, I caught a lot of crap for the statement, but is it coincidence or not?

I am really not posting to make that reference, just thought I would throw it back at a few of the guys who ripped me... :sarcasm

Really, I just want to say that I sincerely hope that Watson decides to stay put, IF he is givin the chance to leave. We need continuity, and he has helped recruit kids who may chose to look elsewhere. I think that he has done a nice job and will only get better. I really appreciate this staff, and want them to stick around for awhile.